1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Where I have heard this before?

Look let’s learn a lesson here, when a guy with a NTC demands to go to one team only and Ryno doesn’t get it done what does that tell you?

Ryno plus Capela for Gasol is a reasonable trade for both sides. You have to sweeten the deal to get a third star.

All I keep hearing is we need a third star get er done! This is one of the very few plausible scenarios posted

SirIvyLeague and elmotsangtt like this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

At this point, I think there are four (4) trades could happen that would fundamentally alter our team. I don't see any of the four happening unless the players involved demand trades (to the Rox such that their teams were willing to accommodate them) and / or their teams are out of the playoff picture around the trade deadline.
    (1) Boogie Cousins (NOP)
    If Pellies are out of playoff picture and Boogie says he absolutely will not re-up with them, he would probably be most affordable in terms of assets.
    New Orleans essentially gave up a young player (Hield), a solid vet (Evans), a high 1st, and a 2nd to acquire Boogie.
    H-town would probably have to give up solid vet (Anderson), unprotected 2020 1st (maybe top 3 protected), & 2018 2nd at a minimum. Rox might also have to include Troy Williams as a younger player with upside to seal the deal.
    I could also envision Tony Allen and Rajon Rondo headed to H-town with some lower end salaries headed to the Pellies - if they are truly out of the playoff picture.

(2) Marc Gasol (MEM)
    Same as above - if Grizzlies truly eliminated from competition and Gasol requests H-town.
    That being said, I would foresee Gasol asking to go to Spurs to play with his brother (Gasol to SA for Aldridge & Kyle Anderson).
    Even though the Grizzlies would want Capela, I think Morey would hold fast because of Gasol's injury history.
    If Morey did include Capela, I think he would get Jarrell Martin and a future 2nd back in return.

(3) Greg Monroe (MIL)
    I think Greg (Hoya Saxa!) would only be a target if Jabari Parker was on the table as well.
    The package would be Anderson + Capela for Monroe + Parker.
    Once again, would require Parker to tell Bucks that he is NOT re-signing with the team.
    Bucks have been trying to get rid of Monroe for some time.
    I think there is one trade that could happen at the beginning of the season, but I think the Rox are one of 5 teams (CHA, DET, UTH, POR) that truly value (or should value) Anderson's floor spacing shooting - so that makes it unlikely.
    That being said, if Bucks were willing to include their 2017 1st round rookie DJ Wilson, I could totally see Anderson + Onuaku + 2018 2nd for Monroe + DJ Wilson.
    The Rox would replace Anderson's shooting with Wilson and would be better prepared to dominate GSW in the paint with Monroe over most of Warriors' big men.

(4) Tobias Harris (DET)
    It has been mentioned over and over that SVG is not a big supporter of Harris. On the other hand, SVG was pivotal in the development of Ryno.
    It would be a straight swap (possibly with Rox including future 2nd because of Harris being much younger than Ryno).

TL;DR - I could see Rox pursuing Boogie; Marc Gasol; or Tobias Harris at trade deadline. Before that I think Anderson + Onuaku + 2nd for Monroe + DJ Wilson from Bucks is a possibility.

JamalP. likes this.
  3. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

I think celtics would outbid us for gasol.

However, this boogie thing could happen. The pelicans will never take back anderson so forget that. But Ariza, black, a 2020 first and salary filler gets the deal done.

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Fair points... but (1) I don't think Ariza is going anywhere & (2) probably have to get a 3rd team involved on a Boogie deal

Something like
    Anderson --> DET
    Boogie --> HOU
    Harris (DET) + HOU 2020 1st + 2018 2nd (via HOU) + Troy Williams or Black --> NOP

Once again, conditioned on many of the factors stated above

da_juice and fattz like this.
  5. basketballholic

Pels might take Tobias, Capela, and a pick.

fattz and megastahr like this.
  6. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Beverley has bean traded 4 Chris Paul

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  7. StrawberryJamm

Really??!

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I am hoping the Rox make a small deal prior to the start of the season (moving Quarterman, Taylor, & / or Johnson plus $3M in cash considerations) for a key piece.
    IMHO any of the players below could become valuable contributors and might be had for cheap (that is, the above players / cash and maybe a Euro-stash as well): [I listed from most favorite to least]
    Spencer Dinwiddie (BRK) - tall G who can execute the P-N-R plus can guard 1 & 2 spots
    Joel Bolomboy (UTH) - potential shot blocker + working on 3 point shot this pre-season
    Jerian Grant (CHI) - he looks like he will be Bulls starting PG this year so I think he is not going anywhere
    Pat Connaughton (POR) - potential for growth as 3&D Wing
    Josh McRoberts (DAL) - McBob! For real= big man shooter
    Doug McDermott (NYC) - another deep 3 option; (1) I would hate to do a deal with the Knicks (cuz F them... that's why) & (2) I think they are hoping he flourishes in NYC (part of their core)
    AJ Hammons (MIA) - big man / post depth
    Mario Hezonja (ORL) - maybe just needs a change of scenery? Magic would probably just like to see him gone & off the books

My ideal trade right now would be Quarterman & Taylor (& $3M) to Brooklyn for Dinwiddie.
    Roster headed into season:
    CP3 // Dinwiddie // Brown
    Harden // EGo // Troy Williams
    Ariza // Mbah a Moute // Qi
    Anderson // Tucker // Onuaku
    Capela // Nene // Black

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  9. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Yes rockets will be good

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets are able to land Cousins, I think this 3 team deal is the type of framework that will have to get it done. But in this example, Capela as an asset is going to have to be moved to NOP. I would love to move Anderson to Detroit.

The key is to get Cousins, while still retaining Ariza and Gordon. And use Anderson/Capela/2020 1st as the basis of some deal. Being able to route Tobias Harris as an asset to NOP would also help.

saleem, fattz and jch1911 like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hey @Clutch

We kinda need a random trade thread for the new season?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Tyson Chandler would be great. Total professional dedicated to prolonging his career... Check the shape hes in. Hes dropped alot of weight to keep alot of stress off his knees, ankles and feet. As a result hes as nimble as he's ever been. I dont know how salary matching would work there though.

13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Michael Beasley

jb86 likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Was a big proponent of his last year but it's too costly now. His salary is too high. Last year we had brewers salary for matching purposes, this year it would take ariza/tucker/Gordon to match and that's not worth it.

I think he is a prime buyout candidate tho and would love to get him if possible.

I have fiddled with the thought of, depending on how much capela improves defensively, trading capela for Tyson and their 1st. Idk if this is something they would like but he fits with their timeline and they would easily be willing to match any rfa offer. That would be a high 1st for our treasure trove and cashing on an asset we may not want to match in fa. Plus chandler would improve our Defense even at his age.

I'm not sure I would do it, just been thinking about it.

BigggReddd and jch1911 like this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

More ryno spin moves please

16. Mr Chuck Norris

Ok gordon needs to sit....

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

if we can’t fix our transition defense the Warriors are going to beat us by 30

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need a true rim protector without losing the PNR ability of Capela. Trade for Nerlens Noel. His value has got to be pretty low right now.

19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

The bench cannot score too much when comparing with last year. If u want to beat spurs, u must have yao, d howard and Griffin types of big forward and center. That is why our center capela does not worth that salary. If we can have Randolph and Gasol , their price are affordable by houston. The existing team still unable to beat spurs and warriors, just wasting time for harden and chris paul

#3639 elmotsangtt, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Ryno, Capela and filler for Eric Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler.
    Possibly the best guard rotation in league history