1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2017] TV Shows you are done with?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 28, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You need some socializing.

2. likestohypeguy

I only count the ones that I went pretty deep into before quitting, multiple seasons, not just episodes. And only two that come to mind like that (I've made it through some reaally bad stuff, all the way):

-house of cards should have ended after season 2, for me. It's been a while so if I'm remembering correctly, I already felt it was stretched thin by then, and wasn't interested in anywhere else they could possibly go.

-walking dead watched a lot of years, then bailed on it only a couple of seasons back, just getting worn out by the repetition, and attempts to keep expanding the universe in the same space.

Mkieke and Rocket River like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

I started watching fortitude, rick & morty and insecure because of social recommendations. I can't get that time back, I need better tv watchers in my life

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But IT'S SOOO GOOD.

no seriously, not being sarcastic, it's like a sobering docudrama. It took me a few years to finish season one like it did with breaking bad.

You definitely have to pay attention with subtitles and the pacing is a slow boil, but it comes together at the end of the season. They're mostly self contained seasons, so if you like all of the first season, youll binge the others. If you hate the end, then cut the wire.

5. Fantasma Negro

I've completely turned around on Rick & Morty, might be the greatest, most original show on tv right now.

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Ozark - didn't really like the first 2 episodes but stuck through and half watched it to the end to see who dies and lives. Barely kept up with who was doing what to who. Clutchfans oversold it because of Jason Bateman is a hero here like how Jennifer Lawrence is a villain.

Dexter - also halfwatched it on TV while doing something else to see how they would kill off the main character or not. The ending made me suspect I thought too highly of the 1st season for it to turn out so badly but I rewatched the 1st season and it was honestly as good as the latter seasons were bad. I thought the 2nd, 3rd seasons were its best ones but the first one stood the test of time best. Someone here on the bbs actually said that in one of the other threads and everyone else argued the seasons after it were better. Give a shout if it was anyone of you.

Insecure - I almost gave up because I thought it was a rip off of sex and the city and the main story was boring but everything else about it kept me on. Some truly funny stuff that I thought was original.

Atlanta - just kidding. It was great from start to last.

Sopranos - I thought it was really great and I watched it without fail the first few seasons. Lost me when it became a chore.

Mad Men - it became pointless after a few seasons

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Which episode brought you back; when did you finally get what was going on?

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Funny you mention Shameless. I don't watch, but I've been present in the room for a fair share of episodes while my girlfriend binged the entirety of the show on Netflix over a few months. At a certain point, I asked her how she continued to watch it, given that there seemed to just be so little hope that these people would ever get their lives together. I get that the show is bleak by design, but man, the latter seasons of that show are a bit much.

9. Fantasma Negro

I'd been watching all season but episode seven was a masterpiece

10. Nigel Thornberry

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Don't know exactly who it was, but I always thought it was interesting, and a good thing, that there was never much consensus over which season was the best. I saw people argue for seasons 1, 2, or 4 lots of times, with a smattering of 3's in there. I'm a 2 guy myself (loved Doakes, Lilah was an excellent villain, and loved the tension of Dexter himself being directly under fire).

The only truly consensus things about that show seem to be 1) The first 4 seasons were good, 2) the rest were mostly crap, 3) the series end was one of the worst things to happen in TV for the past couple decades.

fba34 likes this.
  12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm pretty close to giving up on Preacher. The beginning of the season was entertaining, but the end really dragged.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

p*rn. I always stop about midway through...

don grahamleone and fba34 like this.
  14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Yeah some people hated Lilah, I thought t*** McGee was a great character. Definitely loved seasons 1-4 and when Rita was killed off, I remember thinking that season was the best one while it was still going. After a rewatch, I gotta go with Season 1.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Got bored with GLOW and Ozark probably won't finish them -- House of Cards i'll still watch, but the writers really have fallen into a non-creative pit. The answer to all problems last season...

KILL EVERYONE

Rocket River likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Modern Family - they focus too much on the kids now and the kids are a) not funny and 2) horrible actors. Seriously, I've seen better acting at my community theater.

Designated Survivor - I have a man-crush on Kiefer, but this show just doesn't do anything for me. Stopped watching midway through season 1.

Salvation - started off pretty good, but I just can't make myself watch anymore.

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I took about a 3 year break from Modern Family up until last week but I loved it at first. I stopped keeping up with it because got a bit boring. I finally saw the episode from this season about the eclipse and it was HORRIBLE! Phil is still funny but the rest was so brutal that I couldn't finish it. The nerdy daughter is now a wannabe Kardashian in real life and annoying on the show and the rest of the kids are just awkward.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't watch too many shows religiously, but House of Cards is one that I've lost interest in after the last season. Just too much going on to keep up with and nothing all that interesting. I think it's run its course, they should have made this the last season.

19. hvic

hvic Member

Simpsons

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw where someone said that last season . . . the resolution to everything was KILL EVERYONE
    and it seemed to be moving in that direction

Rocket River