1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Third Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think there is cause we have a young center that can be an interesting piece for both teams if they decide to trade them, and especially with Cousins if he decides he wants to be here since he's expiring. But you need to hope they don't make the playoffs to have a chance.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m for Rockets trading:

Out: Zhou Qi/Quarterman/draft pick(s)

In: Rachaun Holmes (Phi-PF/C)

3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#83 Mazulis, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's the reason why cousins is attainable. Because his salary is only 18-20m this year he's still on the old max salary.

It's gonna be impossible to get a three star team going forward. All
    You have to do is look at the deal embiid just got.

Harden 5 years ago got the 5/80 coming off his rookie contract. Guys coming off there rookie deals now are getting anywhere from 148-178m over 5 yrs.

That's why I would try and get Cousins if he's available at the deadline.

You can literally get him while keeping harden cp3 Gordon and a few others players.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Rusillo was on Lowe Post and said the LeBron house shopping in LA is overhyped and he did the same thing 3 years ago.

Rockets were only other team mentioned that would happen if not Lakers or staying in Cleveland

Vivi, BigggReddd and Reeko like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets make the most basketball sense if he's leaving Cleveland and still wants to compete for championships...stable organization with an elite FO to go along with 2 top 10 players and a 2x COY

that should easily trump going to LA to play with somebody like Paul George while trusting that novice FO of Magic and Pelinka to build a championship caliber squad with Luke Walton as coach

DonKnock likes this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Lakers have to unload the Deng contract for it to happen. They would likely have to pair Ingram with him to get a team to take him into cap space This is a huge boost for our corner.

Reeko likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, and I also expect our presentation to blow away whatever the Lakers do

Morey vs Magic and Pelinka isn't even fair...that's a mismatch

DonKnock and alethios like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Capela balls this year I think it opens up doors. Marc Gasol? Maybe... but we're uncharacteristically low on assets.

Another idea - does Denver REALLY want Paul Milsap that badly as the season drags on? Sure he fits nicely in their frontcourt, but it's not like that shitty team is going to win any games anytime soon. And Milsap isn't getting any younger... I wouldn't trade Capela for him though.

The other factor - Chris Paul's sway. Will it become clear that the new ownership wants to keep him? If so, he'll have a voice (along with Harden). And he'll also offer the recruiting advantage. What kind of discount can the CP3 connection net you? And who does he want to play with? If he doesn't like Cousins then I think that's all it takes to shut that door.

Random note - I still think Tyson Chandler gets bought out. I think we'll be in major play. CP3 probably has an in. Helps offset the loss from any potential Capela deal.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That's why Melo was so important yet somehow Morey let the most attainable star slip through his fingers.

PatBev likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty much this. It is who is available and can they push the team over the top. I get the concern on Cousins' attitude. And I have been on the fence with him because of that. But the BIG change for me is having CHRIS PAUL on the team. His leadership and veteranship is key here. I think Cousins attitude would be much better if he has Paul and Harden in his ear. Two studs that he would respect. He has never had that, except on Team USA.

12. engr chris

engr chris Member

Jahlil Okafor?

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

DeMarcus Cousins hate Chris Paul. This is public knowledge. But if they were to join forces here, I'm sure that'd change.

SIL

14. King901

King901 Member

He’s more obtainable then these Gasol and cousins suggestions.

15. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Very obtainable but his game doesn't translate well to the Rockets (no threes and no D). He lost weight over the summer, switched to a vegan diet which apparently is good for his knees. Still young. So why not if he can be had for cheap.

16. Asian Sensation

Call me crazy but Porzingis. If the new regime in NY fails which it likely will he’s going to let his frustrations be known. NY has a lot invested in him and they want him to be the future but he has no help yet there’s high expectations for him. He’s not the type of dude that’s cool with just getting his money and numbers and staying quiet on a losing team with no direction.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Man after watching Gasol last night I wish we had his passing and his ability to stretch the floor as well. Nene does it well but he's still injury prone. There is definitely still a piece missing.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Porzingis would end up here how exactly?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

ny isn't going to be any good. KP already knows that or at least he should. hes not really in the position at this stage of his career to have some kind of loud voice when he still has plenty to prove himself

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, we need to shore up the 4 or 5 spot. We consistently get beat up in the post. Capela is playing well so I don't anticipate him going anywhere, unless a pie-in-the-sky player becomes available.

Kidnapping?