1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Kyrie Irving traded for Isaiah Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by alexcapone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/10/isaiah-thomas-discusses-hip-trade-ainge-cavs.html

Thomas, who is expected to be sidelined through at least the end of December, admits to Jenkins that he made his hip injury worse by playing in the postseason. However, the standout point guard remains confident that he can make a full recovery, and the Cavaliers share that view much more than they did when they first acquired him, says Jenkins. For his part, Thomas says he intends to play until he’s 40.

While Jenkins’ in-depth feature on the former Kings, Suns, and Celtics guard is worth reading in full, here are a few more quotes of interest from Thomas:

On his reaction to the blockbuster deal that sent him to Cleveland:

“None of it made any sense. It still doesn’t make any sense. I’m still asking, ‘What the hell happened?’ It’s a trade you make in NBA2K. It’s not a trade you make in real life.”

On whether he’s seeking revenge on the Celtics after their decision to trade him:

“Boston is going to be all love, [but] I might not ever talk to Danny [Ainge] again. That might not happen. I’ll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don’t do that, bro. That’s not right. I’m not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, ‘We made a mistake.’ That’s what they’ll say, too.”

On not rushing back from his hip injury to get in the Cavs’ lineup:

“The nice thing about the Cavs is nobody is in a rush. Most places are trying to get you back, which isn’t always best for you. These guys know they’re going to play in June. It’s a given.”

amaru, roslolian and DreamShook like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

NOBODY likes Ainge. McHale is a prick too. **** the Celtics.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey might be an asset man, but he's honest. Ainge is a snake

roslolian, DreamShook and RudyTBag like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

After all I.T. did for boston . . . they did this to him
    They are a truly shitty org of people

Rocket River
    I mean his sister was fricking died andd he was still trying for you . . . . .never talk about player loyalty again

roslolian likes this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why do people make it seem like he was playing through injury “for the organization”? They make it sound as if he was helping a friend with chores. When you’re on a team and you’re in the playoffs, you’re playing for yourself and for your career first.

Mazulis likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Imagine if Morey did this to one of his players. With all Morey's wheeling and dealings, punk-ass Dwight is the only player to come out and talk badly about the Rockets. Dwight is a clown though.

Mazulis likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is the same trash that pegged mario in the head when he wasn't looking. ainge's character has always been empty. the towel in the face from horry was a triumphant moment for humans everywhere.

9. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

It's entertainment business, and big money involved ,we are past those times with franchise players forever. I think CB, TD, and DN will be the last for now. And if IT thinks that I will believe he played for Boston, look for idiots somewhere else. He played for BIG upcoming contract . He could of sat thru Playoffs and would receive 1/2 amount , he knew it very well , for me it looks like he took a risk , and it didn't workout . Ainge good GM , the guy took care of the team , and thats why GM getting paid in this league.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I mean, I'm 99% sure he didn't play a day after his sister lost her life just to make money, but sure, he didn't care about the Celtics.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wut.

You think he would have only received half the amount of money in the UPCOMING free agency if he would have sat out in LAST years playoffs?

That's pretty bad logic. His sister died, and he suffered a hip injury that will sideline him most of this upcoming season. To say he only played for money is a reach. To think he would have cut his potential earnings IN HALF if he had sat is laughable. What will hurt his potential earnings is his injury, nobody is going to give a **** if he did or did not play through a playoffs series a year prior to his free agency. If anything, him playing could have only exacerbated his injury, which is a very real factor that could play into his potential future earnings.

roslolian likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving will play the first game of his career with a franchise other than the Cleveland Cavaliers on Oct. 17. He has been getting a taste of his new city since the trade that shook the basketball world in July, going as far to call Boston a real, live sports city.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you're really putting your career first you would sit out the season until you are 100% recovered. IT already boosted his stock during the regular season, people were calling him an MVP contender so he isn't gonna lose any stock by sitting out until his injury got better. Maybe his own people were even telling him to recover first but he still decided to play that's why he is now pissed at Ainge.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why will he only receive 1/2 the amount if he didn't play and get a big contract if he played? You don't make any sense,

Isiah Thomas' regular season stats:
    27.9 pts 5.2 assists 2.7 rebs

You think people won't pay him if he sat out the playoffs and came to the next season 100% healthy? What he did actually screwed himself over, he played meaningless games in the playoffs, aggravated his injury and now he coming into the season injured and there are doubts about his longevity. LMAO you got it so backwards its ridiculous.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden likes dat assets too.

rockpileindisma likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kyrie gets asked “where’s Lebron?”

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love lebron the player. Loved him beating the Warriors. I'm a low key lebron fan. I just can barely stand him when he speaks.

fba34 likes this.
  20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

He's incapable of praising someone without putting down everybody else

rockpileindisma likes this.