1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Missing U series] Patrick Beverley as a Clipper

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jul 19, 2017.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

as much as i hated to see beverley leave, we got the most out of him, discovered him on the cheap and sold high. he wasn't going to be worth his next contract, and with the way he plays, theres a good chance he's going to get injured sooner or later, like a major one. And i don't see him ever developing the handles to be a first option guard. he can only barely get by his man. he doesn't have the dribble penetration to do pick and roll well....so how much can you pay a player like that? He guards the 1 extremely well, but after one or two picks will be mismatched on a taller wing. we got the best of him, and no i wouldn't pay him 12 million or more, which he could possibly get. after about two more years, his athletiscm should decline.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

deserved its own thread.

Gotta luv the Missing U series.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and still the best

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Patrick Beverley’s life is about to change. It’s a big drop from playing with James Harden to playing with Austin Rivers. He will be exposed offensively. He’s better as a spot-up guy, but it’s hard to do that playing off Rivers

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least he got some coverage as a 'main guy'. He was held back.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

man, that's a pretty pedestrian take. And rivers hasn't even started yet

Plus this. ... Jordan only averages 4.5 shots made per game with Paul. He'll get that on any team. This statement seems logical on the surface, but not so much when you actually check DJs offensive production throughout his career

DeAndre Jordan will miss Paul more than anybody. He’s depended on him for his offense for most of his career.​

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are waking up to that idea - Teodosic is the superior playmaker.

8. heypartner

Beverley ignoring the midrange jumper. :D

Seriously though. Don't think that 40% and 38% shooting 3s last two years is going to end just because he left Harden. Looks like he's also getting comfortable with the floater that Rubio wishes he had. The gravity of DJ certainly helps. And he gets one of his classic steals for a breakaway.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That Rafer tear drop drops!

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

And with Bev, the tear drops actually go in the basket.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Will he play in the opener?

12. heypartner

I think he'd have to be traction to miss that game. Opener is against the Lakers/Lonzo. Bev has already stated he's looking forward to introducing him to the NBA.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that he is no Rox player no more I realize how cocky he has become.

Jontro likes this.
  14. heypartner

wait...you started this Missing U thread because you thought he was a nice-guy like Shane Battier or something? He's always been cocky; that's why we love him.

now I want to abandon this thread and go back to mine, since apparently I'm the only "Bev as Clipper" thread-starter who is a real Bev fan. :cool:

j/k (btw: just for the record, I only started my Bev thread, because I didn't see this thread due to having you on Ignore; so, it didn't show up in searches. I only did that, because it made the Melo mega-thread a quicker read, and forgot to take you back of ignore. :eek: )

True Rocket likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i miss U like vivi misses chow yun fat