1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. what

what Member

I think splatoon 2 is a masterful game, but with one big problem. There is no easy way to form teams, so a lot of the finer aspects of the game are nonexistent.
    I should be able to create a team page and invite members to and discuss strategy and then we should all be able to play together in every mode, without the random bullshit.
    Without that splatoon gets extremely repetitive. If it had this though, it would be the perfect game.

2. MystikArkitect

Yeh, too much trouble to do basic stuff online, I’ve avoided group play for this reason alone.

3. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Super Mario Odyssey out tomorrow. I pre-ordered from Amazon last week, they were selling it for 48 bucks.
    Its received mostly perfect 10s

mrm32 likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

Just wasted a whole paycheck on the Mario bundle. Curious, is a girlfriend more expensive? Might have to switch up on my hobbies here.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is definitely room for both a Switch and a PS4/Xbox One, and I think that is the greatest selling point of the Switch.

You won't get masterpieces like The Witcher & GTA V on the Switch, but you also won't get masterpieces like Zelda & Mario on the PS4/XBone.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

So apparently Mario Odyssey relies heavily on motion controls that can't be turned off? As someone who can't stand motion controls, this is a pretty big turn off for me.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. what

what Member

Most nintendo switch games will use motion controls. I would advise not to buy a switch if you really dont like them.

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

Well all the games I own (BOTW, MK8D and Splatoon 2) give the option to turn off motion controls. I'll still play it either way but I just prefer not having to use motion controls at all, even if doing so puts me at a disadvantage.

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I've watched two different gaming podcats today where a couple of people have said they've played with their pro controller and preferred it that way. So I think you can play without motion controls. Besides, how can you do motion controls if you're in handheld mode anyway? I think the split joycon motion controls are just another option they're promoting.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I wouldn't say that. Most Switch games do not have motion controls at all and I believe, most that do have it, it's very minimal (ie: aiming your bow in BOTW) or can be turned off/not used.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No, it turns them all off. Problem is there’s no other way to perform the moves you’re talking about.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I’ve been playing in handheld mode without the motion controls and it plays just fine.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The game says that exactly on the load screen. Handheld gives you a couple of extra options on. Motion control. But can play with all kinds of controllers.

We’re using pro controllers. Use that for everything. Hate handhelds too.

Game is really reallly great

mrm32 likes this.
  16. cardpire

cardpire Member

seems like it would take the rest of ones life to get every moon.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Got me.... i get last straw in my house. I have two kids and my wife playing ahead of me, lol.
    That's alright, I'll just watch football.

I've had the opportunity to play a few boards mainly as cappy. Just really great and creative.

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I really wish the Switch had better activity tracking. It feel like I played 12+ hours of Mario this weekend, but I'm not really sure.

I'm at Bowser's Kingdom, which I'm guessing is the final kingdom. I hope that the post-story content will continue to keep me interested, because less than a week of entertainment for a AAA title would be very disappointing. Much like with BoTW and its Korok seeds, though, I'm pretty entertained with just exploring the areas looking for those Power Moons and area-specific coins. So I think I'll continue to enjoy that part for a while.

I think my only complaints are 1) certain moves can only be done with the motion controls and 2) the boss battles are extremely easy and quick.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

instead of racing through it, why don't you try and find every moon before moving on to the next kingdom? game will last you forever.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm not racing through it. I already have 205 moons as of last night. And trying to find every moon before moving on to the next kingdom would definitely get me burnt out on each kingdom. I like to find a bunch at a time, then move to a different kingdom and do the same thing. That way, I will still have a reason and a desire to return to those older kingdoms after I beat Bowser.