1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden on Kevin McHale: "He's a clown. He never taught me anything"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 7, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I like your name. It's why.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This has probably already been mentioned, but I can't read through the whole thread. I think I saw a few people reference the "he never taught me anything," and thought it was overly harsh. I think the media is also reporting that as the full quote.

The FULL quote is "he never taught me anything about being a leader." A subtle, but big difference, because it highlights something that no one asked McHale. Did you do anything to help or guide your 23 year old superstar become a leader? We can only assume what Harden said is true, since McHale didn't seem to offer up anything about him trying to help James become a leader. What the F did he do? Just let his young superstar flounder for a couple years without helping him along...and then bad mouth him about it six years later. Does the idiot not even realize how badly that reflects on him? If anything, this has confirmed that McHale is a failure at teaching leadership AND a failure at X & O's (which is universally known).

He's a good-for-nothing joke and has joined Pippen in the Rockets most hated hall of fame as far as I'm concerned. He should be booed roundly every time he shows his face in Toyota Center.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm shook fam

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So Harden has a strength defensively.

Please, elaborate on what Steph's strength defensively is.

Is it that he's smart and runs away?

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

That he tries and knows where's overmatched. You're not gonna win this one bro, when scrubs have their career highs on you over and over you're **** defensively. Not saying Curry is great, but he's passable. Harden is a straight dud.

6. Downtown Sniper

It's funny, but I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I guess when teams have the best chance at beating the Warriors is by game planning to constantly attacking Curry - we have different definitions of what is a bad defender.

To each their own.

Not sure in what world someone can have a strength defensively, but somehow come out the worse defender when likened to someone who has absolutely no defensive strength.

It's almost like you don't believe Curry has just as many boneheaded plays staring into space as Harden, because no one made a Youtube video about it.

I lost this one didn't I.

Harden is a straight dud. Yet you claim he has a defensive strength. Good lord.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't see how having one strength in a sea of weaknesses disqualifies Harden from being a dud.

8. Downtown Sniper

Don't see how Curry having no strength somehow elevates him from dud status.

Why are you still upset Kevin that you were punted by the Rockets? Harden earned you those cheques - you certainly didn't.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He a dud, too. Where did I say Curry be any good?

Dudes **** defensively, just not as shitty as Harden. Hardens lone strength versus Curry's no strength defensively, doesn't overcome Hardens atrocities defensively versus Curry's helplessness.

Now shut the **** up, and stop defending Hardens absolutely abysmal defense. Guys ****ing **** out there

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Bahaha. Maybe that's the answer: I just start going by "22". And sign my posts DD-style. Then people would notice the 22 more. :D

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

I'd love to hear your thoughts on other basketball matters.

If you explain them just as badly as you tried to explain Curry is a better defender than Harden, I'd be in for a very entertaining time.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

The fact you defended Harden defensively makes me think conversing with you is absolutely and utterly a waste of time.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Harden shouldn't have gotten into a pissing match with McFail in the press. He is going to look like the bad guy especially since its pretty well known he or Howard got McFail fired. He would have been best to just say thats his opinion and the only people I need to be concerned with are the guys in this locker room and been done with it.

14. Downtown Sniper

I wouldn't say I defended him, merely called out the ridiculous claim that Curry is a better defender.

Now if someone wanted to say PJ Tucker is a better defender than Harden for example, there'd be agreement.

It seems you're failing to grasp basic things here, so let me break it down to it's simplest form.

Curry defense cons:
    Everything

Harden defense cons:
    Nearly everything

Curry defensive pros:
    Nothing

Harden defensive pros:
    Better than average post defender capable of stopping some of the best post players in the league

You can understand how perplexed I am when you still try to claim Harden isn't a better defender than Curry, now can't you Kevin.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Take it a step further. Let's quantify these levels of **** defense these players put out.

Harden overall D
    32%

Harden Perimeter D
    10/100

Harden Post D
    80/100

Harden defensive awareness
    5/100

Currys overall D
    40%

Curry's perimeter D
    30/100

Curry's D awareness
    50/100

No post D for curry he's not in those situations.

Because James has one outlier strength, that I weighted proportionately, though it shouldn't be, doesn't mean he's better defensively. His strength is as as good, as his weakness is bad.

If you don't get this logic, just drop it. You're slow, I get it.

16. Downtown Sniper

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

You can't just pick and choose what to include for Curry to bolster your arguement.

Haha how old are you?

Harden is a PG too, he's not naturally in those situations either.

It's hilarious how you're ending that post. Based on the little exchange we've had. I never knew irony could be staring you so close in the face you could almost taste it.

Using your fine example.

Harden defensive awareness, I'm excluding that because well it fits my narrative. Harden comes out on tops too now.

I'm not even going to touch how you've come to the conclusion that Curry is 3x better on the perimeter defensively.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** man ima do it too

P15

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Me too

SIL