1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My 7 year old likes Zelda, Arms, Lego City, Mario Kart the best.

He likes Splatoon... but the levels. The only way to play it multiplayer is online against other people. Which I'll let him do but he's 7 so he's not an expert. The old Splatoon had a split screen local multiplayer which he could play against me.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Golf Story just came out a couple of days ago, really good game. 2D golf game with some RPG elements, reminiscent of Mario Golf on GBA. Currently the best selling game on the Switch eShop.

Sonic Mania is maybe the best 2D Sonic game ever. Switch is pretty much the perfect platform for it too.

Highly recommend both of those games, and both are $20 or less.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I picked up xenoverse, I'm a dragon ball dork. Liking it so far. Never played it before on another system .

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Looks like we'll be shopping for one tomorrow. My12-yr old son has saved up enough to buy one on his own. I tried to talk him into a PlayStation but he wants this because he's a big Mario and Zelda fan. His 8-yr old brother is contributing some so that he gets a claim to it, too. I'm still not crazy about the idea of them playing games online against other people.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Mine has mostly done Mario Kart online. Oh and more recently Arms. As a 7 year old he's just not good enough to compete against these crazies. Plus we play a lot against people from Japan because he's not playing late at night or anything because he's 7 lol.

But his brother is 5 and his brother is actually better than him at Arms and he plays online too.

There's no headsets or talking or anything. It's just like a part of the game to me. If there was smack talk etc I'd of course not allow it.

Nintendo just makes fun playable games. They aren't mature. If you're worried about him playing online Nintendo is definitely better than PlayStation.

Both my kids loved Zelda... which surprised me because it's not the easiest to get the hang of immediately, is one player, etc. but they played the shot out of it.

The new Mario comes out next month.
    Mario Kart is solid... nothing revolutionary.
    There's a game called Mario Rabbids that is more rpg in nature. I've been impressed with it.

They don't play video games on stop lol. Only on weekends. We just have 4 kids so sometimes we just plop them in front of it.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just got it set up. They got Mario Kart and some Pokémon game. Guessing Zelda will be next. I tried to talk them into a PlayStation but they wanted the portability of the Switch and they really like Nintendo games.

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Got a Switch 2 weeks ago and have been playing the f*** out of Zelda. Just an amazing game.

Joshfast likes this.
  8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I bought it on Friday myself, really enjoying it.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Xenoverse is hell of fun.

My ranking on games right now is:

Splatoon
    Xenoverse
    Zelda
    Mario cart

1-2 switch

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Getting a Switch and not having Breath of the Wild being the first game to play on it is a crime against gaming humanity. :D

Seriously, no guessing. Get Zelda.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm currently playing through Master Mode as the only thing left in the regular game was to collect the remaining 500+ Korok seeds that don't have much benefit.

It makes the game way more challenging compared to normal mode where you are basically a tank after you've found enough spirit orbs and gotten the armor upgrades. The weapon breaking is just plain awful as so many weapons can't make it through even one enemy without breaking. I'm now gathering the Barbarian armors to help, but not looking forward to battling Lynels knowing how perfect I'll have to be every time to avoid dying in one hit.

#371 juicystream, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  12. Nigel Thornberry

Zelda breath of the wild, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2.
    All are good and appropriate for a 10 year old

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Nigel Thornberry

It’s a very good Zelda game but not near the best. Only 4 divine beasts instead of dungeons, the weapon breaking is just awful, no more collecting heart pieces or bottles, also the story is soooo dull. Everyone is dead and you’re just alone. It’s one sad game. The game play and the graphics are awesome. The world is huge but it just didn’t feel like I was playing Zelda.

I still put in over 150 hours into it lol

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Mario / Rabidds is also outstanding in addition to the other games, it's definitely surprise awesomeness.

15. Nigel Thornberry

Ummmm ok?

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Refresh the page? (See the post before yours.)

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the switch sucks man, i regret waiting till 12 in the morning and being forced to buy like 69.99 warranty at fry's.. i think i spent close to 500 bucks that night, cause i bought a switch pro controller and zelda legendary edition.. WASTE OF EFFING MONEY

i have 4 games on the switch.. arms, splatoon 2, cave story, and super street fighter 2.. they all suck ass.

i honestly play my wii u more than my switch, still play smash on there

im geeked for the for the xbox one x, i preordered it in store yesterday at best buy, its gonna look amazing next to my ps4 pro and on my samsung ks8000( especially since the new firmware update)

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean... Before you trash the system why don't you play the game that is most highly praised from the system?

20. what

what Member

Pictures or gtfo