1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Pick two of three (standard league)

Doug Martin
    Pierre Garcon
    Bilal Powell

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It's standard league. If it was PPR I would have already taken it. My RB's are Freeman, R Kelley, Riddick, and Derrick Henry. I know yikes. My WR's loaded though: Antonio Brown, Michael Thomas, Hogan, Fuller.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would probably pass bc its standard league. i think hogan is more valuable than cohen there. if howard was hurt id say yes

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Powell and Garcon... might be too soon for Martin.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Owner in my league (0-4) appears to have panicked and dropped Davante Adams to add Funchess. Adams will clear waivers October 8. Tempted to go after him with a waiver claim (I am # 8 of 12). The question is, who should I drop? Rob Kelley? D'Onta Foreman? or one of my WRs (Kelvin Benjamin, Alshon Jeffery)? Or stand pat?

RBs: Hunt, Gordon, Coleman, Kelley, Foreman. WRs: OBJ, Allen, Jeffery, Benjamin.

Figure worst case (if I drop a RB like Kelley for him), I can package Coleman and Benjamin for a better RB.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is definitely panic season. I got offered LeSean McCoy for Carlos Hyde in one league. I thought about it hard but I'm almost convinced Hyde is the better fantasy player this year.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hope you played Martin, sorry for the shi**y advice.

9. NewRoxFan

Geez, third straight week some player on the team I'm playing against has a last minute garbage TD. 50 points down and it's only Thursday.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I started him (Martin) over Andre Ellington. So good move probably.

I could still start Andre over Gordon or Ajayi but I wouldn't know which I would sit.

I'm freaking set though on RB's. Ajayi, Gordon, CJ Anderson, Martin.

Weak on receivers though, almost all being a disappointment so far. Pryor, TY Hilton, Watkins, and Crabtree. Yuck

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

The owners in league this year a lot more active... recent adds in last two days that I had been looking at include McGuire, Collins, Funchess, Fuller, and Jaron Brown (that last one I had hope to use as an emergency add if my Adams claim fails and Benjamin's knee is balky).

One drop that caught my eye was Isaiah Crowell. Going into the season he was really hyped, and I know he has sucked so far (hasn't gained over 50 yards, no TDs) on a sucky team, but he still is ranked pretty high on ROS rankings (FantasyPro has him RB28, FF Today has him RB25). Compared to the dwindling RB supply (best now on waivers: McKinnon, Prosise, Lacy, Charles, Bernard), is Crowell worth a gamble as a FA add?

12. NewRoxFan

Having RB strength is a great thing. The only concern is that two of yours (Ajayi and Gordon) have underperformed, both play for underperforming teams that then need to pass more, and both have knee concerns (I have Gordon btw). Hopefully both bounceback ASAP (especially Gordon... who complained about less usage and hopefully the greasy wheel... :)

peleincubus likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I would try to trade Gordon for Evans, OBJ, or Green... If you have to throw in a Pryor or Watkins so be it. At least you get and upgrade.

peleincubus likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I've been thinking about those exact players. The league I'm in has only had a few minor trades this year. Maybe one of the 0-5/1-4 teams after this week will want to.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I played Doug Martin because he looked great in preseason. Clearly their best back and all the talk about Jacquizz Rodgers taking the starting job was foolish. Hopefully they continue to give him a lot of carries.

16. NewRoxFan

Three questions I hope folks can help with:

1. Am I unrealistically thinking Foreman replaces Miller? I have a Drop Rob Kelley, Add Davante Adams waiver claim in. Wondering if I should be dropping D'Onta Foreman instead?

2. If someone beats me to Adams, should I also have a second waiver claim for Crowell?

3. And, if I do win the Adams waiver claim, should I drop the remaining RB (either Kelley or Foreman) to add Crowell?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) Fantasy football is like life. Hope for the best outcome but try to remain realistic. Even if Foreman were to supplant Miller it would be unlikely that Miller remains completely uninvolved. Few backup RBs have lottery ticket potential the way they used to. The RB position has turned into a rotation nearly everywhere.

I think at this point adding Adams and dropping Kelley is your best option.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I got Kirk Cousins on a bye, and O lost a waiver claim on Watson, so I picked up Flacco, but im thinking picking up Brissett, so which one should I pick:

Flacco @OAK
    Brissett vs SF

19. theimpossibles1

Thougts on this trade:

I would trade;
    Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, D'onta Foreman

For;
    Latavius Murray, Elijah Mcguire, James Connor

I have Jerrick Mckinnon so I would have rb1 and 2 of minnesota.

20. theimpossibles1

What other QB are available?