1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN headline after Jeremy Lin loss: "Chink in the Armor"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Child_Plz, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

FInally! He calls out his nutcase fans.

That is is an awesome response by itself but makes it doubly sweet because this is the first time I have seen him call out his extremist fan base..

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

You love Jeremy...

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The $5 down maybe the kicker that prevents Miguel from signing up....

Zboy likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

First off, I'm flattered you quoted something I posted 5 1/2 years ago.

Secondly, I think you missed the words "only" and "vast majority".

#304 A_3PO, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  5. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

True.

He said he went all the way to Taiwan for food that he could afford.

Lol...

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The point is it is a joke to say Black people own X, therefore don't wear X because you ain't black. Black people got so many cultural items from other races, why is it Black people can wear tattoos and dreadlocks etc. when they aren't the ones who invented them? What about Black people who wore braces, they just called them grills but they're still the same thing. Earrings? Invented by Persians.

So what right do Black people have to own a hairstyle or look or whatever and forbid others from doing the same look when they themselves get influences from other cultures? It's just hypocrisy.

I am referencing the slave trade because isn't this the main gripe of African Americans? They suffered a lot of racism and they were slaves right, that's why the civil war happened. The Black Egyptians as you call them are clearly a different race of people and are considered Egyptians, so even if they invented something they won't be considered part of the black Americans who are all about cultural appropriation.
    It seems like in some black people's minds everything in the world is always about them. Either you are racist to black people or you want to be a black and are trying to hard to be cool. I have seen black people dye their hair blond, does that mean they want to be white? WTF

I'm gonna be honest, China invented so many things the world uses today but you don't see them scream about cultural appropriation. What if all Asians and all White people said to black people "hey since you care so much about cultural appropriation how about you stop appropriating from our cultures"? How about Black people stop wearing pants, earrings, tattoos and all the stuff they took from other cultures first? Be a Purist, just wear the stuff black people invented first. AND then you can complain about culture appropriation if you want.

I'm not really an Airemy fan but he is right in that the world nowadays is a lot more united. Technology and time has made it so races don't really matter any more, just look in the US a lot of Asians, Europeans and Black people identify themselves as Americans rather than what race they originally are. So for a race that has suffered from racism and alienation they should be more encouraging and open to other races trying their look or w/e rather than creating the divide or wedge themselves. It's like Black people went the other way from being discriminated on in their past to being elitist and racist to other people now.

#307 roslolian, Oct 6, 2017
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Haha. I'd rather be waterboarded. House got a lot of water from Harvey so it's been a pain in the ass dealing with everything.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

@A_3PO
    I totally forgot about our very brief exchange more than 5 years ago. This thread actually had some good discussions back then. Now it's been taken over by the Lin warmongers.

Let me just finish up what I left off years ago and duck out of this Lin battlefield again.

I spoke from my own experience. I assumed that you did the same. (If you do have some scientific evidence outside of your own experience, please point me to it.) So, since we do not agree on this issue and you are calling me ignorant, then obviously at least one of us are ignorant, talking from our own little worlds. (BTW, my original statement did not call you ignorant because you do not have to be among the "vast majority" of Americans.)

I work in a higher education academic environment. I see many people who are highly intelligent, highly educated, and very progressive displaying their ignorance of non-black racism all the time. Some are more sensitive than others, of course. But even the more sensitive ones are quite ignorant about how non-black minority groups suffer racism. And these people are supposed to be better than the vast majority of American people. So my jump to conclusion that the vast majority of Americans are ignorant of racism to non-black people, while not scientifically rigorous, is quite reasonable to me.

It is true that many CF posters are juvenile. There are also many here who are mature and reasonable. I consider you to be one of those mature posters. And I find that even among these people such as yourself displaying the ignorance of non-black racism just like the people I describe above. They are not juvenile at all. They just don't have that knowledge, or think they do and don't care enough to find out more.

#309 Easy, Oct 6, 2017
    MoonBus and onreego like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

A couple take aways from your post:

1) “Black” is a term used, on this side of the world, to describe those of African descent. All black Americans are black, but not all blacks are black Americans. It’s similar to all squares being rectangles but not all rectangles being squares. There are many black people in this country that are not ethnicically black American or are just part black American ( I.e Carmelo Anthony, Barack Obama, Blake Griffin, etc). All of these men have African or black West Indian roots. I’m half West Indian myself, therefore if black = African American then I’m “half black” ( which I’m not).

I say all that to say that AAs and black Egyptians are different ethnic group but are of the same race.
    Race =/= ethnicity =/= nationality. These are three different things that can be related but don’t necessarily have to be.

For example me.
    Race= Black
    Ethnicity= Afro Trinidadian and AA ( Also of Igbo, Chinese, East Indian, Amerindian and European descent)
    Nationality= American

2) Natural blonde hair isn’t limited to white people. The current model of our species evolution, the out of Africa model, states that ALL human groups originated from a few small East African populations along the Nike river. The differences you see among people today are simply the result of mutations ( in the scientific sense) and adaptation to evolutionary pressures. I’ve known a few blacks , personally, who have natural blonde hair. Albinos also tend to have blonde hair. Finally there are groups of black Pacific Islanders who exhibit natural blonde hair. http://www.odditycentral.com/news/black-and-blond-the-origin-of-blond-afros-in-melanesia.html

3) Tattooing has a long history in Africa.
    http://francistapon.com/Travels/Africa/History-Of-Tattoos-In-Africa
    http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo_museum/african_tattoos.html
    https://thisisafrica.me/tribal-marks-the-african-tattoo/

For the record I could care less about Lin’s ( or any other non black persons hair). I’m simply providing a small amount of information about the history of my people. We are far more diverse, in terms of genetics, language, culture as well as personal beliefs, than the mainstream media will lead you to believe.

Even among “black Americans “ there is remarkable cultural diversity....ie the Geechee people. But that’s another topic.

malakas likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

My nation also invented many things and it's only a big honor not something to complain and make demands about.

There's a reason why such a stupid term as "culture appropriation" doesn't exist in greek and it's the first time I heard it.

Otherwise we would be crying this to all the civilized world like lunatics.

The term I know is syncretism. Which means you take some stuff from other culture, religions, politics you adopt and combine with some of your own and you move ahead.
    That's how the whole of the human race has been progressing even before the stone age.

don grahamleone and MoonBus like this.
  12. toycannon

toycannon Member

Hey Mo, Hey Mo....whooOooOooWhooOooO

13. toycannon

toycannon Member

lol....what an idiot....he should have tattoo Jackass in Chinese.

amaru likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His fans are dumb and racist and should thrown off every basketball site on the internet.

Lin knows this, he's the pied piper and his followers are the rats

This shows that his fans are not there because of his basketball skills.

Do tracy mcgrady fans call james harden fans racist? no

the only fans are LOFs who are doing this

Lin should just tell them to delete their online profiles and go mow people's lawns

don grahamleone and Zboy like this.
  15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

guess im late on this story

damn im not even a lin fan, but kenyon martin is an idiot for saying that... lin has been wearing different hairstyles since last year

what made him just randomly wanna say that to a reporter or on air. Did he not think it would be BIG NEWS.. anything to get the media and the average americans attention off of the las vegas shooter huh, same with the cam newton thing

i think cam newton and kenyon martin were told to say contreversial stuff by higher ups to be a distraction

16. ZHOUDynasty

ZHOUDynasty Member

It says worrying about things you've got , worrying about things you might lose.
    worries too much in a nutshell

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sorry to hear. Wishing a fast recovery.

King1 likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming was never involved in such stupid drama .

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What happened to the other Lin thread?

J.R. likes this.