1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[unofficial 2017 ALDS] Red Sox vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by samtaylor, Oct 3, 2017.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The wait is killing me. Wish they would do both WC games on the same day and then start Division Series the next day. Not that this isn't ok, but I don't like 3 days without Astros baseball.

Rodman23 likes this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d pay for the game alone if that was an option. I’m not sure Comcast makes it easy to jump up and down tiers. Anyways I’ve been told mlb network is giving this game for free. Let’s see.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well, after last night watching the rockets kick off and flipping back and forth to the Yankees and Twins game, really got me double excited.

I was already super pumped and excited, but now I'm anxious as all hell and don't want to wait, so I feel you.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

For some reason, playoff baseball gives me the most anxiety of the 3 major sports. Not sure why that is, but I drink more during Astros playoff games than I do Rockets or Texans.

Except for when the Rockets lose deciding games by 40, that is.

Pen15clubber and BigM like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I agree...I think it's because baseball is decidedly less predictable in the playoffs than the other sports. And the tiniest thing can be the difference in a game and, ultimately, a series. Ugh.

6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Also think the pace of play factors into this - in basketball the game is constantly moving and you don't have time to sit around and think. The stress you get with the bases loaded, 2 outs and a 3-2 count with your team up by 1 can't be beat.

7. SuraGotMadHops

Absolutely, I feel the same way. Every pitch, every grounder, every pick off attempt, every moment is intense. I already warned my friends and family I'm going to be a nervous wreck until this run is complete.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Centeno making the roster likely means they intend to straight-platoon Gattis & Beltran at DH, which is great. Also, Jake Kaplan argued this - White should make roster in anticipation of facing Price in 7-9. Great point.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Game 3 better not be a night game.

BigM likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's precisely why during the regular season, baseball sits at 3rd on my list of preferred sports to watch. But come October, playoff baseball moves straight to the top because of the palpable tension in the air between every pitch, every hit ball, every throw to home...... everything. Even the fall air has a crispness to it that adds to the electricity.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Game 3 of the "B" AL series last year (Texas v Toronto) - which did, like ours, start games 1 & 2 at 3pm and 1pm - was indeed a 6;30 PM Sunday start.

12. Fyreball

That absolutely sucks for people who have tickets to the Texans game. MLB/TV has really ****ed us over with this scheduling.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, crap.

14. SuraGotMadHops

So true, damn I love October baseball!!

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Even if it's the "B" series, wouldn't MLB know that airing game 3 during the Sunday night Texans game would cannibalize its own audience? Hopefully they take that into account and make it the day game.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Both the Jets (on the road against - coincidentally - Cleveland) and Giants (at home) play at noon, so hopefully MLB will decide to air the Indians at Yankees at night.

17. Fyreball

Since when has MLB ever made a decision that actually makes sense?

marks0223 and boomboom like this.
  18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Man anyone else really anxious/nervous? Haven’t felt this way in a while.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’d think. MLB clearly doesn’t care about fan convenience so possibly a ratings hit will allow common sense to seep through.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Touche, salesman