1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Crowell and Baldwin were 2 safe feeling, low floor type guys I considered in several leagues, but passed in all instances. Glad I did as the higher risk players in that part of the draft seem to be panning out. I think I almost went Crowell over Fournette in one case.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Feel for ya bud. He, Amari Cooper, and Jay Ajayi are perhaps the three biggest disappointments in football. right now. Looks like Duke Johnson has the CLE RB position right now.

I have a question... I have Cousins as my QB1 and currently have Dalton as QB 2. Should I replace Dalton with Watson?

Dalton games when Cousins is either on bye or tough matchups:

Week 8 vs IND, Week 9 at JAX (sucks, since Cousins is at SEA) Week 10 at TEN , Week 12 vs CLE, Week 14 vs CHI Week 16: vs DET (tough game, but at least at home).

Watson games:

Week 6 vs CLE (tho Cousins has vs SF), Week 8 vs SEA (no worries, Cousins has vs DAL), Week 9 vs IND (big advantage), Week 10 at LAR, week 14 vs SF, week 16 home vs PIT.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have a weird feeling that most of the stuff we know about this season so far is fool's gold. The variance has been kicked up a notch.

What we do know:

Mixon and McCaffrey were over hyped.

Kareem Hunt is the now RB1 but Lev Bell got on track finally.

Todd Gurley and the Rams offense in general have improved by leaps and bounds but the schedule is about to get real.

Carson Wentz has solidified Zach Ertz as TE1.

Jordy Nelson still can't be kept out of the end zone.

Ty Montgomery and Carlos Hyde will continue to see massive opportunity if they can stay healthy.

Brady is going to end up QB2 at worst. Chris Hogan might catch 12 TDs. The Patriots Defense is not good at all this year. Really bad unit.

The Cardinals battered offensive line is going to make Carson Palmer toast soon, making AZ a wasteland for fantasy purposes. Trade Fitzgerald if you can.

Matt Ryan is not good enough to elevate the players around him.

Derek Carr and the Raiders offense in general is still useless in Denver and against KC. They don't have the coaching in place yet to elevate them. Defense is still very bad despite a great line.

Deshaun Watson has suddenly made DeAndre Hopkins and Lamar Miller relevant again and even guys like Will Fuller can do some damage.

Philadelphia is a funnel D. They have no real talent in the secondary and will continue to get torched by speedy WR3s which is why playing Tyrell Williams was an easy call yesterday.

Jacksonville appears very vulnerable against the run but Jalen Ramsey and Bouye are killing opposing WRs. Perhaps a reverse funnel D.

Buffalo appears much better than anyone gave them credit for. They still lack any real offensive game-breakers and are giving FBs carries, but they've found a way to beat Denver and Atlanta. They won't be easy picking like we thought before the season.

Seattle still has a terrible line but Russ Wilson will still find ways to score points with clever play-calling. Losing Carson hurts them as they really need to be less one-dimensional. Defense seems not quite as dominant as in previous years.

The struggling Bears will turn Trubisky loose and the offense will be better than under the horrendous Mike Glennon, but Trubisky will need a security blanket out of the backfield meaning Howard/Cohen see more targets.

The Dolphins can't possibly look worse than they have over the past 2 weeks. They will make some adjustments and DeVante Parker will still be a borderline WR1.

BigMaloe and NewRoxFan like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Tough break (back) for Carr and Raiders. EJ Manual starts week 5 versus BAL.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

cousins came through for me :)

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I see he did good. I benched him for wentz and it was less spectacular but I won by a landslide none the less so now foul done.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

@moestavern19 do you think Latavious Murray is worth burning a #1 waiver for? Im not sure this guy can even produce

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Been saying this for YEARS. Some QB's make players better, they turn random guys like Austin Collie into studs, while others need good WR's (and competent OC's are nice too) to lean on.

Ryan was my 1st round nomination target in auction drafts this year. Wanted to make someone ruin their budget early on an overvalued QB.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Murray is not a very good RB. Has decent size and speed but poor vision and doesn't really break tackles. His value last year was as a goalline back. Nevertheless, you only really need opportunity and obviously he will get that. I wouldn't expect him to become an RB1 but possibly a decent flex play depending on matchup.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bye week hitting me hard this week. Will Fuller or Marshall Lynch in the flex?

Also was offered a trade this morning. Bills Powell for Martellus Bennet. Thoughts? I would be getting Powell, but I would rather just get a draft pick for him

11. NewRoxFan

Congrats if you are worrying if Fuller or Lynch would make a good Flex... those both seem good options. I may be facing a "start D'Onta Foreman or drop Fat Rob for a waiver RB" decision at RB2 if Melvin Gordon can't play this weekend. I'd gamble on Fuller and the Watson chemistry given the QB change and BAL defense.

re: the trade... if you are getting a starting RB for a TE (even a TE that gets lots of targets) you are winning big. Though I'd like to see Elijah McGuire play too.

Speaking of BAL defense... stick with BAL (ugh, the last two weeks) at OAK and Manuel or drop and add PHI at home vs ARI and their horrible OL?

12. NewRoxFan

He did have a good game, even getting some decent runs in there. I still lost but felt good seeing that Cousins seems to have heated up and should be a good horse to ride the rest of the season. Hopefully Pryor steps it up... and with Crowder and Doctson, the two TEs and Thompson the WAS pasisng game should be pretty strong.

13. NewRoxFan

Sorry for multiple posts, but this was cool to see...

[​IMG]

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah. should of actually won the game w/ 3 td's if doctson didn't drop the ball in the endzone. that was a great pass by cousins

NewRoxFan likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Doctson hurt his shoulder on that play according to Gruden. Glad there is a bye to help fat Rob, Doctson, and Reed (heh) heal. And give Cousins extra time with the new baby.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The trade would be purely a value deal. Bennet is my backup TE behind Delanie walker. I already have freeman, hunt, lynch, and James white (ppr 12 man league). Powell would only be insurance if I package someone down the road. That's why I ideally wanted a draft pick instead.

And I would go with philly, Arizona is falling apart

NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Was offered the following

SEND: L. Fournette

RECEIVE: A. Brown

My other running backs are J. Howard, T. Cohen, T. Montgomery, T. West, S. Perine, P. Perkins

My WRS are D. Hopkins, D. Adams, J. Landry, J. Matthews

Accept or decline?

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Are you nuts?

You need advice for Antonio Brown? My advice is you probably should get him.

And you should also remove Paul Perkins from your roster because he is unquestionably the shittiest RB in the league.

peleincubus and Lil Pun like this.
  19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Thanks. :)

20. NewRoxFan

What Moe said. And while cleaning out mediocre RBs off your roster, dump Terrance West too. BAL has a horrible offense right now and BAL is a RBBC right now, with West currently third behind Allen and Collins. He had negative yards last week. Use the two roster spots to get a RB with upside (McGuire, Foreman, Breida, McKisk) or at least one with a better chance of playing (Ellington, Prosise, McKinnon). And/or WRs (Funchess, Jaron Brown, Josh Doctson, etc). @Lil Pun