1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Are Your Updated Season Predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Oct 2, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What were your predictions before the season started?

What are they now after seeing the home teams demolition of the Titans?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If they score less than 50 points any game going forward I'll be shocked!!!!

3. conquistador#11

not 1 , not 2, not 3....not 13 victories. 14-2. It can be that easy.

Now I'm anxious to see how b.o.b will handle the 4 teams we have left on the schedule with stellar front sevens. I can see some struggles along the way but finally the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train.

4. tmacfor35

Mine have changed three games if Deshaun is 75% of what he was yesterday.

8-8
    to
    10-6
    I think my two games to flip are Steelers and Seahawks now. This offense changes everything. It is going to make some teams one dimensional in the second half for our front 7.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It doesn't matter what happens off the field, who is added or subtracted...... the Texans are set to be a little better than .500% or a little worse than .500%.

The BOB train has gone..... 9-7, 9-7, 9-7 the last three years.

For as good as Watson has been and will be, he is a rookie so it is only fair to expect a couple clunkers. I see 7-9 or maybe 8-8.

If the Texans finish 8-8 the Texans may win the division again, and we will hear endlessly that the record doesn't matter, just the division title.

6. tmacfor35

We are playing a tough schedule with the emergence of Goff, Jacksonville, Chiefs revamped offense, Patriots game and the Colts returning. A division title wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He went 9-7 without anything resembling decent quarterback play.

If Watson is even close to what he has been the last 2 weeks, we should win 10/11 games and once again be king of this awful division. I do agree that Watson will have some bumps along the way, but considering the last 2 years have been consistent trash, a few bumps is an improvement.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The middle of the season has gotten a lot easier, and it has nothing to do with Deshaun or the Texans. The Seahawks, Cardinals, and Ravens just aren't the powerhouses they used to be, and the team needs to be feasting on the schedule until they go on the road to play three division away games (plus the Steelers) in their last five. My hope is for 10-6; expectation is getting closer to 10-6 each week Deshaun looks like this.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I will go out on a limb and predict that if the Texans score over 50 points in each remaining game they will win the Super Bowl.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think we'll finish 9-7 or 10-6 and take the division again, there's definitely going to be some ups and downs with a rookie QB but it's hard not to be excited about the future with Watson. I was pretty sure this was Tennessee's division until yesterday, week 1 seems like it was an eternity ago now....

11. tmacfor35

Watson's stellar play or not. I have seen enough good play from other guys on the team to suggest that Harvey did have some effect on them. That was a weird game. I don't trust the Jags. There two wins were Harvey and London. They just got beat by the Jets....

macho GRANDE and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was always thinking 10-6, I'm sticking with it, but I'm less confident now that I've seen the defense isn't what I thought it would be.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm sticking with 11-5

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My current position is I have no clue what to expect.

1) The defense hasn't looked nearly as good as many predicted. I was among the few who thought there would be regression. I just don't think the secondary is any good right now overall no matter what happened in the game yesterday.

2) Watson has gotten better, but there are still things that concern me. It's hard to look at yesterday's game and take a ton from it. Normally when stuff like that happens it's a combination of "everything that can go right for your team did and everything that could go wrong for them did." Watson played well but the Titans also played like crap. Still, we've seen good progress over the last 2 1/2 weeks so the QB play is probably going to better than expected. Just not sure where it will end up.

I definitely think they are going to be right there for the division just don't have a good feel for what the team is.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Where the season looked like an impending train wreck a couple of weeks ago, I think they can win between 9 and 12 games. I'll go with 10-6.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

18. tmacfor35

Will have to be hopeful the defense recovers. They have been bad the first 5-6 games of the season for the last 4 years. They are going to really beat some teams up that have blah offensive lines.

Going to be interesting against KC who is a team I would say is similar to the Titans.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Two Sandwiches and ghettocheeze like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Savage was the starter 4-12. With DW4 im going with 10-6. Thank You Rick. Aamzing watching that kid play qb.

Nook likes this.