1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

W/CP3, will this be the 1st time Harden has been barked at on the court? & how will he handle it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Oct 1, 2017.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

For lack of a better word how do you guys foresee Harden handling CP3's barking that is bound to come his way? I could be wrong but I don't remember Harden having a teammate here in Houston that has ever really challenged him verbally or displayed their frustration with him. CP3 obviously has the rep to do so and we know he expects a lot out of his teammates. I'm interested seeing this dynamic take place cause if Harden can't take it from CP3 and they end up bumping heads because of it then I don't see Harden being able to work or take a back seat to another alpha dog.

2. hakeemthagreat

I'm legit concerned about this. Harden's careless attitude meshed with CP3's demanding style of play could be a problem. Harden cant be quitting games like he did last year. Either they'll get along perfectly or they'll despise each other

RyanB likes this.
  3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Can CP3 teach Harden how to have heart?

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dunno. But I like it. Harden knows what he needs he is smart man that wants to win.

Captain Hook likes this.
  5. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

For this team to take the next step as a Playoff steam, CP3's barking is necessary and Harden needs to be able to handle it maturely. It's a crucial factor this season. I do think there's a good veteran presence in this squad with Nene and our three wings to reinforce Paul's leadership. That said, I think Harden may finally be ready for it. Heck, Paul has got to be a lot easier to co exist with than Dwight :p

IvanLCPM likes this.
  6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Beverly and Ariza barked at Harden privately after game 5, we saw what happened.

PeterKingX, Rox11 and Jontro like this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

Bev and Ariza aren’t Chris paul.

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

For the first time since Harden has been in Houston he has someone that can carry him when he is having an off night! First time okc days! This can onlt be beneficial!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Dalton Truelove

CP3 will never have to bark at Harden. Chemistry is already at 100% and the 2 of them are gonna BALL!! :):):)

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Harden hasn't been living under a rock so I'm sure he is aware of Paul's reputation as a demanding teammate. Harden pushed for the Rockets to aquire him so he must think he can handle being pushed by CP3. I think they'll have their bumps in the road like any new teammates but they will ultimately make things work.

11. MONON

MONON Member

Up till now, Harden had all the pressure of running the offense. No one else could be counted on the run it for even short periods of time. Hence Harden had to play 38 mpg. With CP3, we finally have someone else that can run the offense. Harden's minutes should be 32-35 a game. Plus since CP3 will be on the court with him part of the time, his minutes won't be as pressurized as before. Overall, I think we'll see a fresher more attentive Harden this year. When Harden was a relapse, the DOG3 will bark!

Can he handle it? I think so. After all, he asked for it & I'm certain that Harden is "careful what he asks for".

DonKnock likes this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

He danced. Didn't you watch?

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

On one hand I think it could be disastrous if it reaches a certain point.

On the other hand I have to think Harden has thought of this exact same situation, and has no issues with it because he's ready to take that next step and needs that person to get him there.

He's a smart guy, he's heard the constant criticism. I think it will be fine. (In the long term, things may get heated on the cameras here and there in game)

Sen89 and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

They knew one another and have been on the same team before. They BOTH want to be here. Sure there will be growing pains but that is to be expected. Harden and CP3 will both be better form each other’s play.

Has CP3 ever taken the court with someone like Harden?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul loves to bark, you will see and he loves to bark at the refs as well.... w/CP now on our side!

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

He'll just leave him hanging & throw him under the couch seat.

[​IMG][​IMG]

hajkov, DonKnock, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So far it seems like Harden is embracing Paul's demanding nature. He got really lean this off-season and worked his ass off because CP3 was the one who told him to follow a strict diet and training regiment and Harden followed it to the letter.

That there should show CP3, that Harden is all in.

DonKnock and amaru like this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

if shack and kobe can coexist, why can't james and paul?

Tfor3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. gotsis

gotsis Member

I see it could be an issue if the team takes long to mesh and the season starts out poorly. Having said that, I'm optimistic it will work out, both wanted to play together and Harden seems to get a little more mature each year.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Why don't you worry about learning how to grow a pair instead of Harden or CP3.