1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Wade Bought out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 24, 2017.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that is one seriously washed up squad. huge on name power, but rose and green haven't done anything valuable in years and wade is getting to the point that i'm not sure what he brings. given that he can't shoot 3's i'm not sure how he fits in on the offense (which was already the most efficient offense in playoff history last year), and i haven't noticed him bringing a lot of D. is he even better than jr? i mean he's a guy who knows what to do in big moments, who is tough, and brings a certain swagger, but i'm not sure it matters much on the floor any more. it/wade/lebron/love is certainly a lot of all-star talent in terms of names, but when mvp's and 73 win teams are getting together, it doesn't really matter.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wade is still a hell of a lot better than geriatric jefferson

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

depends... are they getting hoodie wade?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder who's going to be guarded by Wade from the Warriors, because that guys is going to have 30 points for free per game in the series.

Anyway i kinda agree with you, big names and all, most of people always fall for that, like for the Lakers 4 years ago (Dwight, Pau, Artest, Kobe, Nash), but then you have to make it work, sure, they have the best players in the world but we'l see, Thomas might be limited when he comes back and overall he's another guy who's gonna get abused by the Warriors, i mean, Thomas - Wade is 100% the worst defensive back court in the league, at least between playoff teams.

The Cavs are still lucky to be in the East (even though i think Boston can fight with them), otherwise i wouldn't bet on them to make it to the conference finals.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Seriously? Wade has always been one of the best defenders.

Last year he played on a crappy team
    With no aspirations for anything relevant and he still finished ahead of the likes of iguodala and butler and just below Tony Allen in advanced def rating.

Where do people even get these talking points ????

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Every time Lebron sat the cavs sucked. If Wade can provide 10 mins of leading the Offense he will help that team. Maybe he can't at this point.

7. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I know it was like 4 or 5 years ago, but I just remember Indiana being up on the Heat and Wade and Lebron just put on this defensive lockdown on the Pacers. I may be off on the years though.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wade has been a no show on defense for years, i don't really know about that stat you're talking, how it works and how it puts Wade in front of guys like Iggy and Allen, that seems actually ridiculous...if that's true (i won't doubt you), it 100% doesn't reflect carefully what happens on the floor. And i'm not trying to **** on him, i always liked him as player, he's/was actually one of my favoritres in this last decade, and i don't know if it's because of the knee problems and/or the age, but in these last seasons his defense has been a no show. Even last season, bad team or not, they competed to make the playoffs, and even in the playoffs against the Celtics he had some horrible games defensively, that's at least what i saw.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Is it just me, or do the Cavs have way too many players?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. Mr. Space City

i think when the playoffs start, the only PG's that will probably get consistent minutes is IT and Rose.

only SG's that will probably get consistent minutes is Wade and JR

only SF's that will get consistent minutes are Lebron and Crowder

Love will play a lot of minutes at PF with Lebron occasionally playing PF with maybe Green getting limited minutes.

TT will play most center minutes with maybe Fyre coming off the bench.

guys like calderon, korver, jefferson, green, perkins, etc will be fine chilling on the bench.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yes cause a random fans eye test is more reliable ...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wade won ships in Miami with friend Lebron check
    Wade played for his home town before retirement check
    Wade chased a final ring alongside friend Lebron in Cleveland check

Banana boat extravaganza check

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats assuming everything goes clev's way. depending on who they keep guys like jr, wade, rose may see minutes to start but if they struggle or play terribly they'll be glued to the bench in favor of the other guys. jr played terribly in the playoffs and played very little. clev is eventually going to need their best shooter in korver having some kind of role. TT sat on the bench for half the game against gs. Frye barely sniffed the floor. you also forgot shumpert is on the roster who definitely wants to play. but yeah they'll be getting rid of people which will help but theres definitely alot of sacrifice guys will need on that roster. perkins and calderon are the first to go imo. shumpert maybe next as they've been trying to get rid of him for awhile

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, a random stat voice which says Wade is a better defender than Iguodala and Allen like Anderson is better than Ariza surely is...smh. I'm waiting for a single stat which shows Wade is a better offensive player than Gordon, i'm sure there one out there.

17. Mr. Space City

i left off shumpert because i think he'll get cut or won't even be a factor. shumpert is trash and has no leverage to be complaining about minutes. wade and jr are taking his minutes no matter how bad they play.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

id actually take shumpert over jr but i guess thats not saying much. and wade wont be playing heavy minutes and will definitely be taking off nights

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wade isn't there to spot up for 3, he is there to be the second option like what Irving did before, and if IT comes back healthy he can be the 3rd option. In other words he is gonna be the 2nd ISO guy until IT comes back. The cavs need Wade because they dont know when IT comes back and Rose isnt good enough to start.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(ESPN) doesn't want to let go. Wade and Carmelo have both already fallen off cliffs, and I seriously have to wonder If they watched either player play last year. Derrick Rose is basically free bricks for the Warriors to pickup and turn into three.

And Jeff Green was never good, so it is perplexing to see Stephen A namedrop ******* JEFF GREEN, and then question the Rockets depth, with the 6th man of the year sitting there.

da_juice likes this.