1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I don't suggest trading for a te. I streamed Jared cook this past week.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

cousins has been known to start slow but he should be fine in the long run. his game against oak was coming. theres plenty more this year coming

3. BigMaloe

Oh for sure, I just don't think it's going to be against KC this week

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i hope it does. im starting him in 2 leagues lol. I have washington beating KC this week :D

with an o/u of 50, at the very least i think theres a good amount of fantasy points to be had

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

Best of luck

#305 BigMaloe, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I ended up withdrawing offers. The guy came back with a Rudolph for my Coleman trade and I rejected that too. After naming West as a RB he'd do the trade for, he then tries to say how Rudolph is more valuable. I wished him luck with 80 year old Johnson (committee replaced by Ellington anyway) and Shane Vereen. I may trade West to one of the teams this guy will play the next few weeks, or cut him and add Foreman.

I am still planning on starting Cousins... though I may cut West Saturday night and add Dalton if he is there or Watson. 40 yards QB run is the same as a passing TD? Run Deshaun run. :)

oh, btw, I dropped Fleener and added Charles Clay, but I have a hunch Cook and Brate will be there too. Clay seems the safer play, the other two may score a TD though.

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Standard League, Question in bold

Would you start GB v CHI or DET @ MIN?

I can't really decide who I want in FA. I picked up Griffin this morning and then realize I don't really need him so I dropped him for Foreman as one of my lotto tickets. Conner and Foreman are my two lotto tickets. I'm tempted to drop James White for a QB since Matt Ryan is off next week. Is White droppable?

8. NewRoxFan

GB is a sneaky looking play this week, but DET has been the highest scoring DST so far (though not versus the toughest offenses in the first two games). I'd take DET.

Don't like White. Drop him. I too want to add Foreman as a upside RB. Another RB that I hear people talking about is Elijah McGuire, Jets.

The Stig likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

OK, since my West/Rudolph trade collapsed... is it too early to drop West for D'onta Foreman? Hate dropping him with OAK and CHI coming up for West.

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Don't drop West. Last week just a bad performance by the entire Ravens team.

Thanks for the response!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

is this ppr? west is a TD dependent back. he doesnt get alot of yards or carriers. and buck allen seems to be the more valuable rb in balt.

i grabbed foreman in a couple of my ppr leagues. he has good value. hes played much better then miller thus far

12. NewRoxFan

No, I am in a non-PPR (standard) league. Was hoping he'd get a few "fall into the end zone" TDs. Instead of going upside RBs I went for short yardage types I guess. I have Fat Rob who seems a better chance of getting those type of TDs so West may be less necessary.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Made a trade.

I recieved Odell.
    I gave up Lamar Miller, Chris Hogan, and Jimmy Graham to a team that was starting scrubs in his RB, TE, and flex positions.

I will now have Antonio Brown, Odell, Gurley and some filler in this 14 team PPR league. It might work.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nice trade, that's a pretty solid set of receivers. Hopefully Gurley will continue to get in the end zone but I don't expect him to go off the way he did against the Niners consistently.

15. NewRoxFan

Wow, nice trade and how. Three sorta shaky players for at worst the third best WR in football.

Continuing my rant about trades. So I approach another owner about a trade. His RBs: Shady, Gore, Riddick, Hill. His WRs are his strength (Cooper, Adams, Watkins, Thielen (actually, his real strength is QB with Rogers and Wentz). So I contact him and say "You are strong at WR and weak at RB, I am strong at RB and could use a WR (Benjamin was questionable). We should talk." and I suggest he look at my lineup and we should figure out a trade. He comes back... "Say, could we do a trade, your Alshon Jeffery for my Watkins or Riddick?"

First, Jeffery is better than Watkins (ranked higher, higher trade value). Second, I don't need a mediocre RB like Riddick (I have Hunt, Gordon, Coleman, Kelley, and West... and the idea is me moving him a RB and me getting a WR). But he is from Chicago, and "likes Jeffery").

Heck, i don't even think I'd trade Jeffery for Cooper, but they are at least reasonably close. It seems just be a lateral move. OAK has a brutal schedule coming up (BAL, LAC, KC, BUF then DEN, NYG, KC again.). But again, he was offering Watkins.

Or at I wrong... Cooper is an upgrade and I say Jeffery and West for Cooper?

16. NewRoxFan

btw, I decided to start Cousins (at KC, groan) and get rid of Big Ben (at BAL) to go with one QB. Today Cousins wife (who was due Sep 18) had to rush from practice to the hospital today. Couldn't she hold on until after Monday? Next week WAS in on bye, so I will be grabbing anything off waivers (currently Dalton, Goff, and Watson are the best on the wire). I was thinking possibly Watson this week but next week he faces KC. So maybe Dalton (CLE, BUF).

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't think Watson would be a bad fantasy pickup.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I picked Watson up in a few leagues. He is trending up for sure.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would offer west and Jeffery for cooper and cross your fingers. Of course, I am not a fan of West but I know some people are.

20. itony

itony Member

Which def would you stream this week?
    Philly against chargers
    Bucs vs giants
    Falcs vs bills

Would you sell high on gurley right now or ride or die with through his tough upcoming schedule?