1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Paul, James Harden, Eric Gordon rotation trio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Sep 23, 2017.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Now that the Melo situation is soon coming to a close wanted to actually start talking about our season and roster

I was playing NBA2k18 when I realized how awesome the rotations are. Basically it will always be chris paul + James harden on the floor and then one of them subs out and it will be paul/harden + Gordon. That's a pretty nasty for our offense because we have weapons firing at all times. Gordon did well for us last year but I think he will do even better this year. He was coming in with our 2nd unit and I think it effected his play because the 2nd did not have enough firepower so Gordon would get a lot on his shoulders. Now he will have a paul or harden and a Tucker or mbah and etc.

I think this trio will be pretty good

Also a good lineup towards the end of the game would be

Paul
    Gordon
    Harden
    Ariza
    Capela

2. mockster

mockster Member

Bump?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. No Chill Rocket

You have to throw in highlights of these players my dude . Reported for not being considerate of people like my self who can’t read.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Can Gordon make it a season? He did last year, but while I love the man-- suppeerrr injury prone

RasaqBoi, mockster and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Also I've never heard of half of these guys. My favorite players are Carmelo, Carmelo Anthony, hoodie melo, and CA

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Another trio Ariza, PJ Tucker and Mo Boute we shutting boys down baby!!!!

Last trio: Anderson, Capela and Nene... come get some of this chicken kid!!!

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We need one more guard .

Is it PJ ? Can he do enough on the offensive end ? Is he quick enough on D

Whatever happened to that Brazilian Paul George we signed ? He still with us?

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope we stay healthy this year. A rotation of

Paul/Gordon
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Tucker
    Anderson/Moute
    Capela/Nene

is really, really damn good. We are very thin beyond that though. Too bad we had to shed Dekker/Harrell as they would have been good insurance for our frontcourt. We could probably use a proper backup PG (not Bobby Brown lol) in case we have injuries in the backcourt.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we just exchanged Anderson for like Anthony Davis it would just be over...

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

None of this matters if MDA refuses to play more than 7 players in the PO and if Ryno can't get his head out his ass.
    Don't get me wrong our roster is meh, ok I guess but DM knows/knew he had to make another splash to compete in the West and he didn't. He lost out on Iggy, PG, and now Melo who he promised CP he would get if CP agreed to come to HOU, let's see how this season plays out now.
    Lineup of:
    CP
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela
    Is ok but TBH
    Westbrook
    PG
    Melo
    Roberson
    Adams
    Is an even better lineup....
    TBH I'm not surprised DM screwed this one up because he actually had the chance to get Melo way back when Phill was still there but he decided to sit patiently in hopes of NY releasing Melo instead of just trading Ryno for him straight up.
    This season will be yet another waste of Hardens and CP's prime and we will see CP leave to wherever LBJ goes.

Moleb and pippendagimp like this.
  12. cebu

cebu Member

Glad we did not push for Melo. I like the lineup better.

13. mightybosstone

I think Black is a fine fill-in for Harrell. They have similar play styles, and I trust Black more on the defensive side of the ball. I do think they need a fourth guard, though, to play the Lou Williams role and eat minutes if Paul or Gordon have to miss time. Taylor and Jackson are interesting possibilities, and I'm curious to see how they do in camp and preseason. But I'd rather them go after a guy like Leandro Barbosa, who would be a perfect fit in the system and has experience playing on good basketball teams.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Reality is everyone cannot sign with the Lakers. You have 3 stars in okc, one in Houston, Wade and Lebron. Lonzo ball is already there. I know it's easier to doom and gloom over not getting Melo but nobody is stopping another GS vs Cavs finals till the following year. Nene, Gordon, Tucker Ma Moute off the bench kills Okc team no different than GS and Spurs reserves will. Okc is a one year and done team... everyone knows it.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I absolutely LOVE the Rockets 3 guard rotation of Paul/Harden/Gordon. Phenomenal! I agree that to end games you will see Paul/Harden/Gordon/Ariza/Nene where all 3 guards are in there.

I would love to see the Rockets find a way to get a multi-talented front court player. Someone that can put the ball on the floor versus stand still shooters.

16. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

would yall trade eric gordon and capela for demarcus cousins

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You mean like Melo?

We need a 4th spot minute guard though. For rest, injury, and minute restrictions.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, like Melo. :mad:

19. mockster

mockster Member

Yes, I mean it's a hard trade though. Because we really don't have anyone who could replace Gordon

20. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Who is the 4th guard or the backup to the backup PG? Paul, Harden and EG cannot play 48 minutes of all 82 games.

I think they need to give the jimmers a call after his run with the SHark is over.