1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nyk fan - still think Hou gets melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshsemite, Sep 23, 2017.

1. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

Yeah he expanded his list to Cle & OKC - I still think Rockets will end up getting him.

Cle - wtf can they offer? I honestly don't think they (LBJ) would offer TT straight up for Melo. He loves Melo as a person but he realizes that without TT to do the dirty stuff under the boards, they are a worse team. TT is legit their best shot at getting Melo and it ain't happening.

OKC - Doubtful they would throw Terrance Feguson in the deal- He would be only sweetener worth making basically a Kanter for Melo deal. Otherwise we are taking garbage like McDermott back. Not happening.

I still think a team like Detroit or Philly sees RA as a piece that could push them up as a higher seed in the miserable East and Morey ends up getting either okafor or Reggie Jackson to the Knicks and you guys get Melo by opening night

AroundTheWorld and BMoney like this.
  2. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Honestly I still feel like we can give the best offer out of the three teams on his list. Portland seems desperate enough to give up the farm for him, but so far he still has no interest there.

3. valorita

valorita Member

You never know what the other team goes for.

Example being the Paul George plate.
    Victor is an average two guard with limited upside and a ryan andersonesque contract.
    Sabonis is not as good as his dad even today probably.
    Most people see it as a pupu platter and I am sure that many teams would be able to beat that deal but in the end, the Pacers chose that one.
    Another example is the Cousins poopoo platter.

NYK is in a tough spot because if the package is too good, then Melo might say no I won't accept that trade to go to a weakened team.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If others teams have a shot we will lost out. But I don't buy it.

jwayne likes this.
  5. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ok.. saying this. I know this has been brought up a bit. But i still havent found a solid answer. If Melo falls through. Would we be better off trading Ryno for Tobias Harris if the Pistons bite? From my very limited viewing of the Pistons, could Tobias Harris fill a similar role as Melo? Could we run with CP3, Harden, Harris, Luc and Capela.. with Gordon, Ariza, Tucker and Nene off the bench?

jch1911 and Von Rafer like this.
  6. Black Yoshi

Black Yoshi Member

It over for us... we just roll what we got... It was nice to . Pipe dream

7. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

From an outside perspective, Harris would be a great move for you guys. I think he would be better suited as a PF though. There aren't a lot of big 4's in the league right now to cause defensive problems, and as long as the team has a gang- rebound mentality, it would work. That would be a smart move; a kind of Melo lite without the added age.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Philly isn't taking Ryno, let's be realistic

OKC and Portland could beat what we've been offering so far, and possibly Cleveland too since NY likes Crowder

Vivi likes this.
  9. rocketseagles07

No

10. jwayne

jwayne Member

The "expanded list" is a tactic the Knicks and Melo's camp are using as leverage against the Rockets. That's all.

I believe he winds a Rocket opening night.