1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

At 18 seconds. If leads him with the ball and throws it lower, then it's an easy catch.

Fullcourt likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Huh? That was thrown well. NFL receivers catch that pass with regularity.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If he throws it lower Braxton Miller most likely still drops it. Game just started he just dropped the ball had it square in his hands.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For Watson, when an athletic WR is able to touch the ball with his fingertips while jumping in the air and arms fully extended, it's about as good as you'd ask for but if he was better at throwing the ball, you'd want better.

Nook likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Where is the "he can't throw" coming from?

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clutchfans and their professional scouting department.

jayydela likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Guys are butt hurt man... moreso upset over the fact that their prediction of Savage didn't come to light. Watson has to be perfect every possession or else he's a failure.

Joshfast and Fulgore like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one is "upset" when they point out that Watson is pretty bad at throwing the football at the NFL level. It's just an accurate criticism of the state of his game right now, and it's not even his fault IMO, he's nowhere near ready to be on a football field but BOB threw him to the wolves anyway.

Are we seriously going to have to deal with the Watson version of Lin fans in here? I mean, that's absolutely what it seems like thus far.

9. Mr. Clutch

Nah, Savage sucks too. I'm butthurt this org keeps throwing out mediocre QBs. Everyone was excited about Osweiler at the beginning too.

body slam and Nook like this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

There was nothing exciting about Osweiler... to me at least. Honestly two of the biggest weaknesses with the texans as a organization when it came to the Texans were drafting a qb early in the draft that has great potential and then be patient to develop him right through the tough times. O'Brien is now starting the guy but he hasn't practiced with the one's consistently because he was being groomed to hold a clipboard. Now he's being thrown into the fire and has to learn fast while still trying to win. This organization needs to go down a path and stay going down that path. They sure talk confident about things they do but then they back track when reality hits them right in the face.

11. Mr. Clutch

I agree with everything you've said here. Unfortunately I don't trust O'Brien to develop anyone.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nobody is saying Watson is the best qb in the league just saying he is the best option for this team as currently assembled. Not every pass he throws is great but not every pass he throws is inaccurate either. Receivers have dropped good passes thrown by Savage and Watson... especially Braxton Miller.

If this team gave so much to acquire this guy and he is their best option as a rookie then it is what it is go all in and get this guy started on his development while getting the overall team better and excited about having a qb that will lead them and be a threat to opposing defenses.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well i can't disagree with that either. O'Brien thus far as been terrible at developing QB's.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I wanted Mahomes in the draft because he's fits the style of QB I've always liked. However, Watson has that "It factor" that not only makes you want to root for him, but also gives you confidence he can get it done. OB did a great job with him last week, it wasn't a work of art by any stretch and he dodged a few turnovers, but there was a lot to like about the kid. If we can form some semblance of a cohesive and consistent OL, this could be an interesting year.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's perhaps true, we went with the QB that can run for his life over the QB that can pass the ball at an NFL level and it led to a rushing TD, so in that way it was positive. Given that the WR's have been pretty awful and the O line has been largely nothing more than parking cones, going with the guy that can best run for his life is defensible. With a competent O line and receivers that will catch the ball, Watson wouldn't be the best option.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Then if thst were the case you give Savage the chance to prove himself because honestly i haven't seen it on Sundays when it counts from Savage. I believe one day he will get that td pass in a game but Savage would have to have the balls to not to try to do everything Bill O'Brien tells him to the tee... that's part of the reason why he doesn't have a td in a season game.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think there's an agenda for some of our great posters.

tmacfor35 and Fulgore like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Yeah for the Texans to stop sucking

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You not seeing it really isn't the standard though. If you look at his week one performance and blame him for it....well you just aren't going to see anything through that kind of bias.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I get the Tebow, Wilson and maybe even Aaron Rogers comparisons, but if Watson can continue playing like he did in the second half against Cincinnati, he really will be the Michael Jordan of football.