1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly hope you are right and he surprises me, I'm just not expecting it based on what I've seen from him thus far. As of right now, he's shown to be a threat with his legs and has shown to be pretty incompetent with his arm. Like you said though, he could get better as the season goes on.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They had at least one pick 6 they should have gotten and our only td was a broken play

4. tmacfor35

This is football. Most games are dictated by 2-3 plays.

What if Watson throws a pick 6? Just maybe the offense may have been more aggressive since they were down? Luck is a bs way to say why we won.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the idea was that the team was playing at an unacceptably poor level to win games in the NFL and the fact that they managed to pull off a win anyway was lucky. When one of the only successful plays of the game was the QB getting a 49 yard scramble TD on a broken play I think it's safe to say that is unsustainable.

The offense this season will likely struggle to maintain double digit scoring averages for the season.

6. tmacfor35

I don't agree with you there. We just played two really good defenses with a hectic start of the season between Harvey/quarterback changes.

These bad games have been happening since day 1 of the BOB era. We have looked like this before. People are forgetting that we have potentially the best defense in the league. We will be fine if the Texans can improve their 3rd down conversion rate as compared to last year.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just reminded me of another BOB win... ugly but still counts the same in the standings.

Let's be clear though Watson wasn't great except for a few plays... his velocity could be a real problem but overall I'm sill optimistic about just about every other thing I've seen from him.

His big play potential is something that has only ever been possessed by a few other QBs in history. If he can find a way to become a more efficient passer the sky really is the limit.

He has a long road in front of him but unlike Brock he actually seems up to the challenge.

8. tmacfor35

The velocity thing again. Has no merit. HIs arm is plenty strong.

FLASH21 likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That has nothing to do with luck and a lot to do about just playing a game of football.

10. Mr. Clutch

The defense won the game. The offense was atrocious

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What if Braxton Miller catches Watson pass in tge first quarter in the beginning of the game... one will never know.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watson td run was the difference in the game. I give credit where credit is due.

13. Mr. Clutch

The pass that was high and behind him? Watson threw it to the outside when Miller was running inside

14. tmacfor35

Exactly my point. These things happen and the Texans have won like this the last three years.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Clowney should have got 6 too... however the actuality of reality always is.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Braxton stopped running his route, paused and jumped... that was the correct accurate pass sir.

17. Mr. Clutch

If he kept running his route the ball would have been behind him

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watson kept the ball in bounds to give Braxton a chance to catch the ball in bounds. Braxton simply didn't catch a catchable ball he should have caught.

19. Mr. Clutch

Catchable, maybe. Placed well, no.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It was placed where it needed to be placed. Braxton Miller is just one of those players that need to show up period.