1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

To even think Congress would need to even consider such a bill for an American President...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The times we live in, very 1850's.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. CometsWin

Lynchers have rights.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True but people would rather use headlines than look at the actual causes.

5. Buck Turgidson

The incident is horrifying. The chief's reaction is unacceptable.

But there's a reason we have the legal system that we do, and there's a reason that the Juvenile Justice System is a component of that. It's up to the prosecutors and judges how it gets handled from here.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Obviously a terrible incident. And there might be some criticism for the police chief's characterization of the alleged crime. But, it's not like protecting the underaged suspects' identities was a choice he made. He's following the law.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm fine with waiting for all the information to come out, but what really struck me was this comment.

“Mistakes they make as a young child should not have to follow them for the rest of their life.”

Yeah, no. When that mistake is lynching, it should follow them for the rest of their life. This is the double standard we see so many times when it comes to things like this.

eric.81, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. CometsWin

All sorts of irony here.

Lions fan banned by team after posting racist message
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20702682/detroit-lions-fan-posted-racist-message-hands-tickets

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions fan who posted a racist Snapchat after two African-American fans sat during the national anthem on Sunday against Arizona has turned in his tickets and will no longer be welcome at Ford Field, the Lions confirmed to ESPN.

His banishment was first reported by the Detroit News.

The fan posted a photo of two fans sitting during the anthem and wrote the phrase "Ignorant N-----s" underneath the post. The post then made its way to Facebook and was sent to various media outlets, including ESPN, eventually becoming public Wednesday.

The Lions initially declined comment on the specifics of the incident Wednesday before reversing course and saying the fan was no longer welcome Thursday. The Lions' initial statement said part of the team's conduct policy was to respect all fans.

"Providing our fans with a safe and enjoyable experience at all Ford Field events is of the utmost importance and an absolute priority for our organization. A core component of our guest conduct policy is the expectation that all fans are respectful and considerate to each other regardless of their personal beliefs or differences," the Lions said in a statement. "With respect to the issue in question, the Detroit Lions and Ford Field do not comment on specifics related to any alleged guest incident(s) or altercations at games or other stadium events."

Head coach Jim Caldwell supported the team's decision. "I think it was handled appropriately and I think those things happen sometimes," Caldwell said.

Defensive end Akeem Spence was asked if it bothered him that this still happens in America, ""Yeah, it's crazy, man, but we all weren't brought up the same way," Spence said. "We all weren't brought up to have the same beliefs. I feel like we're all equal no matter what skin color or race. Some people, that's not their beliefs. I can't fault them for that and they can't fault me for the way I believe. But let's all get along."

Safety Glover Quin said he was frustrated that conversations on race are still happening in 2017. "Yeah, it is. And if we're still around in 2087, probably still be having it. Fact of life," Quin said.

This is not the first time in recent years a fan has been banished from Ford Field. In 2014, a fan was banned from Ford Field after using a laser pointer during the Lions-Bills game. Two "superfans" were also kicked out of Ford Fieldduring a 2015 game against the Bears, but they eventually returned for future games.

Detroit running back Ameer Abdullah, when seeing an initial story of the Snapchat, expressed his disappointment in the fan's actions.

✔@Ameerguapo

Man, this hits hard... smh greatly disappointed, yet not a bit surprised. Completely ashamed for these people and disgusted by this "fan." https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/907935666608144384 …

7:43 AM - Sep 13, 2017 · Royal Oak, MI

This isn't the first time Abdullah has spoken up against racism. After the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month, Abdullah said he knows some fans will not root for him because of his opinions.

"Definitely, if someone doesn't like me about my stance on the situation, especially when it comes down to racial issues, then I really don't want that guy to root for me anyway," Abdullah said. "So that's something that my dad kind of taught me: Not everyone is going to like you, but stand for something or you're going to fall for anything."

Lions coach Jim Caldwell has told his players often they are free to express their views -- and they have. Reggie Bush spoke out about protests and riots in Ferguson, Missouri, and DeAndre Levy took on multiple social causes during his time with the Lions.

10. CometsWin

It's disgusting. Falls in line with how we see black children criminalized and white children, oh well, they're just kids. How long does he think being lynched will follow the victim, a young child, for the rest of his life?

eric.81, FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Exactly! The double standard is on display every single day. The sad fact is that some folks will ignore this and then whine about minorities or liberals complaining about it is just them throwing the race card and somehow claim that it's okay to act out in racist ways as long as it flies under the flag of not being PC.

The sooner people realize being un-PC isn't equal to being racist the better.

eric.81 and B-Bob like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thugs like Trayvon deserve to be shot. We have laws for that. The law is the law. :rolleyes:

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yep. Trayvon is a thug, but these guys shouldn't have this unfortunate lynching a person mistake follow them around the rest of their lives.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, it matters to Trump. He sure complains a lot about how his crowd size gets allegedly underestimated.

Also, I guess a bunch more right wingers were not working back in 2010 when all the Tea Party rallies were going on. Thanks, Obama, for the declining unemployment during your term!

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

They always used that tired-old example- plenty of highly successful liberals like myself and Bill Gates laugh at them.

16. CometsWin

Here's all his people.

Fine people, very fine people. Jews will never replace them, guaranteed.

[​IMG]

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I consider myself a pacifist and a non-violent person. But I really want to punch this guy in the face.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This ****ing clown just can't help himself LMAO

Trump on Irma: ‘I never even knew a Category 5 existed’

“Some of you are from Texas and some of you are from Florida,” he said. “And you both got hit. In Texas you got hit with the largest amount of water anybody has ever seen. I guess the largest ever recorded. And in Florida you got hit with the strongest winds ever recorded. It actually hit the Keys with a — it was a Category 5. I never even knew a Category 5 existed. And they suffered greatly.”

19. CometsWin

We've all been hit with a Category Trump. The biggest storm, a beautiful big storm. Very powerful, bigly powerful.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And the way the Democrat left is acting right now, you are likely to get hit with the same storm again in 2020.

Democrat = Identity politics + political correctness + endless hysterical whining and name calling.

This is not a winning formula., regardless of what Trump says next.