1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Checklist:

1. Start Watson
    2. Pay Brown
    3. Move Clowney to DE

red5rocket likes this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Game prediction:
    Have to ask your self if the 0-1 Texans have the talent to put a 0-1 Bengals down at their place on a short week with a ton of injuries, rookie QB, and terrible OLine. As badly as the Ravens beat up on the Bengals, the Bengals still have a QB and real weapons. I drank the coolaid once before, but I think Ive seen enough bad football from this team to know that the Texans wont be able to beat the Bengals tomorrow night.

I am prepared for another butt whooping...38-13 Bengals.

juanm34 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Watson can manage to turn the ball over fewer than 2 times and the defense actually shows up to play this game, then the Texans might have a chance....but I'm not sure either of those things is likely.

Houstunna and T for 3 like this.
  4. 1234567

1234567 Member

Tie game!

Score zero to zero

Weirder things can't happen to this 2nd week Thursday night game.

Can this be the worst for year?

A team that got shutout at home opener vs a team that is starting rookie QB and have no TE on a system that uses a lot of TE stuff.

If, big if, Texan wins on some great performance by rookies, then there is a chance....

But what are the odds

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Soooo we literally have Baylis as our TE, Mancz as our RG, McKinney and Cunningham as our ILBs and got Strong back as a WR? Goodness, well at least it's a short week.....:(

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Evan Baylis & Greg Mancz are working hard, getting better every day. Good teammates, fun group of guys to coach.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Mancz is an upgrade as is Strong at WR. Not having a TE could suck though.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea.. I gotta say, I was on board with Watson starting, I was at the game on Sunday and he just seemed to create more. However, after reading Braddock's analysis of Tom, I feel like we should stick with him. Nothing is fixing this OL... it's gonna hurt both of them. I will be rooting for Watson to succeed tho.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

RG3 was injury prone from the beginning at Baylor. He would routinely finish games with a noticeable limp. Watson was durable at Clemson; just need to play smart and slide.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Meh Mancz will be an upgrade so there's that.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think people need to lower their expectations for Watson. Playing with the worst offensive line in the league, Watson is probably in the worst position to succeed.

He's going to make some good, flashy plays but he's also going to make some dumb decisions with the ball, especially with our offensive line.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We don't benefit from a loss. So BOB better get his s*** together and have our squad ready.
    All we have to do is make less mistakes than Cincy and we should be good.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

There is no predication from me. Hope that they can win this one, but highly doubt. This team is so bad, the reason is likely over after losing a must win game last Sunday.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

For me the big question is still D'onta Foreman. I think the Miller/Foreman, Watson, and Hopkins can overcome a bad line. No TEs would suck so expect a lot of quick passes to the RBs.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a mistake throwing Watson out there now. It just seems easier pull Savage for Watson then the other way around, assuming it comes to that.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah I really would hate to see Watson get pulled but at the same time I just don't think it's smart for Savage to be out there behind that line... his lack of mobility is a problem.

At least Deshaun can run for his life

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Texans have to win.... otherwise my prediction for a 1-4 start won't come true because it will be 0-5

Patriots, Titans, and Chiefs after the Bengals......

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. At least Watson has a fighting, or running, chance but I have doubts with his ability to make all the throws at this point in time. If, and it's a big IF, the line somehow holds up then I think Savage can do a better job throwing the ball where it needs to go. I don't mind seeing Savage pulled if he can't perform, but it would really be a blow to the confidence to see Watson get pulled.