1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Feel your pain. Last week I was fine because I had Keenan Allen in MNF matchup. This week, not so lucky. Was almost thinking of creating a roster spot and adding Sterling Shepard to be bale to wait to the GTD. This week I am not favored (playing team with Winston, Bell, Fournette, Ty Hill, Golladay, M. Bryant, Tucker, SEA) so while last week I could have settled for fewer points, this week I need to look at upside everywhere. and for certain cannot take a Zero anywhere. So I will see if he practices during week... and if not, I will go with a backup either Alshon Jeffery or Terrance West) and grumble if he as a typical OBJ game. Frustrating since first two games this year would have been big point games for OBJ.

If I were you, I'd play Martavius Bryant and hope its a shootout vs MIN at Pittsburgh.

FLASH21 likes this.
  2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Just got offered demarco murray for Dalvin Cook

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Not sure I'd be willing to do that just yet. Demarco has had a LOT of usage over the years. It's a relatively moot trade.

It's a no for me.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ok so I was able to waiver wire pickup the following...

Kupp
    Cohen
    Kamara

Should I start any over...

Tevin Coleman (rb2)
    Keenan Allen (flex)

I also have thielen on my bench

I'm leaning towards staying par but wanted to know what others think?

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

From Reddit regarding the RB lotto ticket strategy. The below is the general gist of it. I was gonna do this last week but I only wanted to drop my defense which already played. Now I'm putting the plans in motion depending on how bad the Texans play tomorrow.

"The basis of this strategy is to use one bench spot to pick up multiple free-agent RB handcuffs prior to their games in order to maximize the probability of getting a handcuff who turns into a starter in the event of an injury to the starting RB. If the starting RB doesn't get injured, you simply drop the handcuff from the earlier game and pick up the handcuff for the later game. On most weeks, you have the potential to do this prior to Thursday Night Football, Sunday early games, Sunday late games, Sunday Night Football, and Monday Night Football.

This strategy is only viable if your league is set for game-time waivers and you are able to drop bench players after their game has started (Yahoo, it works)."

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

If PPR, then coin flip between Coleman and Cohen although I think Cohen will be the higher usage player between the two of them though. Allen is a target magnet. I'd leave the Flex alone.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's basically what my plan was. Luckily my team is pretty solid overall, so even if Bryant puts up another 3 pointer I may be ok.

I hope he practices some but if he's limited throughout the week, I'll probably just play Bryant instead of rolling the dice on OBJ.

Thanks NRF!

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Diggs or Thielen for flex?

Last week I had Thielen and they both had huge games so not sure. Leaning towards keeping Thielen in.

Starting WR's are Green/Crabtree.

9. NewRoxFan

Nice problem to have. :) Is this PPR or standard... I like Diggs (standard) over Thielen (PPR),

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

PPR, that's why I'm leaning towards sticking with Thielen.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

I agree Stig that I like Allen this week so I'd keep him as Flex. I am unsure on the Coleman and Cohen decision, since I don't know how much Cohen plays and how much Coleman plays. I also have Coleman but I am mostly stashing him in case Freeman is hurt. I know Coleman had just under 10 points in a game you'd think he would have a better shot (Freeman recovered from concussion, Coleman playing in home town) so guessing 10 might be his upside unless its a huge lead or Freeman is hurt. But was last week an outlier for Cohen? Hopefully smarter guys will help you here.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all PPR Thielen people are weird to me. Are you just going off the 1 game? Diggs is the guy for PPR. Thielen is the 6ft 3in redzone target. Diggs is the 5ft 11 speedster. But yeah, go off the 1 game...

13. NewRoxFan

How about this trade possibility: My Keenan Allen and Terrance West for his Doug Baldwin? Standard scoring.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Allen has the highest ceiling, Baldwin is by far the safest bet. If you don't need the depth at RB I'd go Baldwin. But Keenan Allen could easily be a top 10WR. However, he didn't look like one on Sunday - Ty Wiliiams absorbed looks and so will Mike Williams eventually.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Thanks. Mt RBs are Gordon, Hunt, T West, Coleman, R Kelley. My WRs are OBJ, Allen, Jeffery, Kelvin Benjamin. I have been discussing a Kelley and Fleener for Rudolph trade and he pushed off, asking for West instead of Kelley.

I had Baldwin last year and it seems his second half of the season he heats up. Compared to Larry Fitzgerald who seems to collapse in the second half. And I share your worry... Allen, Williams, Benjamin, Mike Williams, and Hunter Henry all competing for targets. At SEA Baldwin is the clear #1 with Graham and then Richardson and Lockett getting scraps.

I can offer West and Jeffery or Benjamin. He will laugh, and probably ask for OBJ (he originally asked for Hunt and Gordon earlier in the Rudolp Kelley deal).

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It does look as if they switched roles in game 1.

But it may become a constant throughout the year as Thielen is working out of the slot rather than on the outside.

I don't think Diggs will continue to score 2 TDs per game but its good that he's already on pace to break his past seasons total of 3.

I still take Diggs over Thielen in PPR.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thielen has been moved to the slot this year and Diggs is lining up outside. It doesn't really change their roles that much, but it does mean Diggs becomes a higher ceiling WR and Thielen sees more volume.

I would still definitely rank Diggs higher in PPR, but Thielen will definitely have more value in PPR from the slot.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Barring injury, people with Zeke and Hunt are the ones that are gonna be winning titles this year.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Jameis @ Chi

Or

Tyrod Taylor @ Car

Tyrod was pretty solid for me last week but they were playing the Jets...

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely Jameis in my opinion. More weapons, not dinged from week 1, and Carolina D is stout

BigMaloe and Obito like this.