1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Frustrating to see your opponent's QB have huge game. Especially when he was a waiver pick up to replace Luck. Meanwhile Brees has forgotten about Fleener. Why did I get back into fantasy football?

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

So Tarik Cohen is a must add in PPR after his spectacular showing against Atlanta this past weekend. My question. Is he a must add in Standard too? Especially for the #1 WW pick?

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who else is on the WW that would be a worthy of a #1 pickup?

The Stig likes this.
  4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Golladay, Kupp, Baltimore DST, Arizona RBs, Buck Allen are all the players I'm looking at.

I like my WRs though. My WRs: AJ Green, T. Hill, L. Fitz, G. Tate, and M. Jones. I would be dropping James White for whoever is recommended. Think my priorities are DST, RB.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd go with Cohen... especially knowing that your "biggest" need is RB. You seem pretty set at WR and honestly could end up dropping M. Jones for Baltimore DST once waivers are up. Unless someone uses their waiver position on a streaming D.

If I were you I would submit both add/drops: Cohen for White and Jones for Baltimore DST. You would probably be set from there.

#165 FLASH21, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    The Stig likes this.
  6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Alvin Kamara may end up a better pickup than Cohen.

The Stig likes this.
  7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Should I drop David Johnson? He is going to be out for 2-3 months.

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks so much!

I actually took a look at my team again and my only weakness is DST (New England). With DJ out, I think Fitz is going to get an even better floor and he's starting in my Flex. RBs are Gordon, Hyde, Stewart, and White. Does this change anything?

@moestavern19 Why do you think Kamara is a better option than Cohen?

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I offered Bilal Powell for him and was denied. I guess his owner is going to stash him.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

One week sample size, but Kamara is clearly going to get usage in a good offense. He didn't do nearly as much with touches as Cohen did, but I tend to evaluate more on opportunity as a window into how the season goes.

The Stig likes this.
  11. ABforPresident

Had Gillislee chilling on the bench. Was able to sell high and trade him + Ertz for Gronk.
    Team is absolutely stacked now

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd stash if you can.

I'm sure someone will quickly scoop him up and do the same if you drop him to the wire.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Week 2:

Delanie Walker @ Jax or Martellus Bennet @ Atl

Chris Hogan @ NO or Brandon Marshall vs Det

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Walker (PPR and Standard) and Chris Hogan (Matchup is favorable and I'm not sure why Marshall isn't getting targets. PPR and Standard)

15. NewRoxFan

Wow, teams in my league were busy with the waiver wire claims last night... the three WRs I was targeting (Golladay, Kupp, and Davis) were claimed early as was Agholar. And the hyped RBs were claimed too: Cohen, Buck Allen, Kerwyn Williams. And even Tavecchio. o_O. A few interesting players left on the wires: Corey Coleman and Paul Richardson. Charles Clay (and someone dropped Hunter Henry). Chris Carson and D'Onte Foreman. But the wires are pretty threadbare after week 1. May need to look at the trades route.

16. NewRoxFan

Thoughts on holding a second QB in 12 man league? Most in our league do, and so few decent QBs on waivers (current: Goff, Siemian, Manning, Kizer). My QBs are Big Ben and Dalton (I know, puke last week, and may be pukey this week). Would you go one QB with Ben? My concerns: injury, week 9 bye, "road Ben" matchups. But sure would like to add a WR (Corey Coleman). All advice appreciated!

17. The Stig

The Stig Member

I decided to pull the plug on submitting a claim for Cohen. Don't think he's the RB that can win me the ship in standard scoring.

Ended up picking up OAK DST for Marvin Jones. Man, people burning their high waiver priority for a DST. Not sure if that's a good strategy but to each and their own I suppose.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

With Ben, I'd probably get a backup since he gets banged up so often. Not sure if the list you gave out is any good but see how Dalton does this week before dropping him. If Corey Coleman is available, I'd go and grab him and pray that Ben doesn't get hurt...after we see how Dalton plays tomorrow. Hope you're in Yahoo so you can exploit that rule to add/drop players on your bench.

19. NewRoxFan

I am in a Yahoo league. Wasn't aware that there was a way to drop a player sitting on my bench after the player's team plays. I am starting Big Ben this week (easy to guess). What's the workaround?

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So, I have a dilemma.

OBJ was out this past week and could be out another week. Problem is the Giants now have a Monday night game.

Options:

1. Devante Adams is on the waiver wire (stupid) so I put in a $12 bid to add him. But if I do get him for Thomas Rawls, I really have no other droppable worthy players after him. Note** I'm 10th out of 10 on the wire so if I get outbid or out waiver ordered this really doesn't matter.

2. I could pass on Adams, save my 12 of 80 waiver dollars and pick up Kenny Golladay for Monday night.

3. Avoid all this and just play one of the 2 receivers on my bench.

My Current Bench
    Martavis Bryant
    Ameer Abdullah
    Andrew Luck
    Corey Coleman
    Thomas Rawls

Thanks in advance!