1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anyway Romo would be dead behind this OL.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It was a gamble which of course we lost out on. But had we cut him, believe it was almost mathematically impossible for us to sign him. In other words, it came down to whether you wanted a shot or not.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he doesn't start Savage he is a complete self-doubting idiot. Savage was "clearly" the starter all offseason and preseason. The offense wasn't working but it wasn't all Savage's fault. So he put in the rookie to try for a spark and it didn't work. If he believes in himself he will start Savage.

I remember reading about his first training camp when he was saying things along the lines of, "do it my way and listen to me because I know how to win". Usually people who know how to win don't have to go around telling people they do. Starting Watson will just further prove he is riddled with bad decision making and self-doubt.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or it'll show that he has no faith in the O line's ability to give the QB even a minimum amount of time to get rid of the ball so he'd rather have the guy that is better at running for his life even if it leads to turnovers.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd rather take a pick at our 20 yard line than a strip sack in mid field.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

O'Brien throwing darts.

7. conquistador#11

he's not going on to succeed anywhere until he changes his philosophy. It's just impossible to make that offense work. A qb has to grow into that offense, slowly taking the wheels off each season. 2003 Uggs couldn't run this offense. O brian looks and talks like a head coach. He can be a pete carroll where he turns it aroun but he's going to have to do some self reflection.

I'd like to change my prediction of 10-6. For one, I thought Brown would be our starter and Allen would have gotten accustomed to 'patriots way' offense. Remember this is a guy that replaced Brooks because he had that 'mean streak' B.O.B loves. We took a scheme that could be easily top 5 in the zone scheme and completely abolished it for sexy manly traps and power. Filo was supposed to be a model for that power scheme. =(. Oh and let's not forget trying to turn miller into a power back.

It would be nice to see savage or watson with some time back there. And the defense mulls our receivers knowing they can't get off the jam. copy cat league, everyone will continue to do it, even past 5 yards.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure it is just as you are saying. No other reason makes sense. It's going to be an ugly year if the best part of his game is escaping a sack without throwing an interception, fumbling, or even worse, getting injured running the ball.

I hope Crennel is giving Vrabel some defensive advice before this game. Clowney at DE sounds like a better plan to me. Come on guys, knock a ball loose, get to that QB, and stop allowing them to rush so easy! Man up!!!! We need to start creating some turnovers on defense. Sunday Andy Dalton gave away interceptions like it was Halloween already and the treats were plentiful. Maybe he will throw a few our way this week. I'm looking forward to seeing this game, but then again, I am a glutton for punishment being a Houston fan. Hopefully it won't be as disappointing as the last.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He already has a sore throat after 1 week of broadcasting. Dude is just a walking injury.

Richie_Rich and Mr. Clutch like this.
  11. conquistador#11

lol is that true? it's funny either way.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the good news is that you can get both strip sacks at mid field and interceptions in the red zone from Watson.

13. Mr. Clutch

He said the same thing this off-season.

He knows how to win.

He values his coaching above all else. That's why we have so many scrubs, he thinks he can coach them up.

Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is the weirdest thing ever given that he hasn't really proven to be good at coaching anything. Perhaps BOB is a legend in his own mind.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

exaclty, didn't need to because he was a bronco. everyone seems to forget that with kubes and smith we were broncos south and aggie u for a while. i'm still pissed we missed out on justin tucker because kubes did a favor for his fellow aggie fat randy.

rick is a bronco product and him and kubes turned us into broncos south during their tenure. smith never stopped that philosophy.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Obrien is going to make Watson the starter.

18. Mr. Clutch

The new scapegoat.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Whether or not Watson starts on Sunday it won't really matter. Either way it will be because McNair is a bigot.

- @DaGreatest

justtxyank likes this.
  20. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the line hasn't changed. This was an issue before and was an issue again on Sunday. The strategy of having a mobile quarterback when you have a crap line makes sense but it made sense a week ago, a month ago, two months ago, etc.

He has been overseeing all of the strategy and practices, etc. He has repeatedly said Savage - on this team - is the best option and clear #1.

One game didn't really bring anything new to light. It just ended up cascading out of control into a terrible day.