1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE RICK SMITH!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ipaman, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The funny part is people b**** about McNair all the time lol

2. texian

texian Member

Rick's decisions to not franchise Bouye, freeze out Duane Brown and not upgrade our OTs is looking really smart right now.

3. texian

texian Member

Read your own article, Rick-breath:

Bouye indicated the Texans' offer was the lowest on the front end of any serious suitor.

Bouye's agent never negotiated with Texans.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Rick Smith and Bob McNair are the ultimate problems with this team. As long as they are together, nobody is going to ever get the Texans over the top. It can't always be somebody else's fault.

texian and J.R. like this.
  5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not getting rid of Smith along with Kubiak was just a bad bad decision and outside of some decent picks here and there, his decision making is hurting this franchise is so many ways. Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin, XSF, Jaelen Strong, Louis Nix, Brennan Williams, Sam Montgomery, DeVier Posey were all 3rd picks or higher that have netted this team NOTHING.

We have drafted a total of 4 offensive lineman in the last 4 drafts, one of which would be your 3rd string center in the best case scenario. BoB deserves his share of the blame but our personnel problem has gone back way before him.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Of Eggball Texans want to move forward and not continue to be irrelevant, the following has to happen in this order

1. Get rid of JJ Fatt
    2. Fire Billy O Bryan
    3. Fire Rick Smith

believe me.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rick Smith is considered a member of the McNair family. They are not "objective" about his performance.

texian likes this.
  8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bouye was the best thing the Texans offense had going yesterday and Duane Brown proved that he doesn't have the character that you'd want from a team leader. If you want to talk about where they screwed up it was in not drafting more O linemen the last few years.

I'm personally glad that Duane Brown isn't with the team and I hope they let him lose the max amount of money before coming back in week 9....I also hope they don't play him even after he comes back. Actions like his need to have consequences especially given that the team isn't "one player away"

The Real Shady likes this.
  10. texian

texian Member

Then enjoy the awful LT play and the injuries/losses because of it.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure thing. Of course, the LT won't be the reason the O line is tragic, but if you want to try and defend Duane Brown's indefensible actions you've gotta try and go with something. Like I said, I truly hope the Texans force him to retire given his actions. If the Texans struggle....well they were going to anyway so it's best to have them struggle while not sending a message that people who act like douchebags will get rewarded for it.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trade JJ Watt for picks and cut our lost. We don't need players like him on our d if we can't even have a competent oline. But then again it might b pointless if rick smith is drafting for us.

Jj Watt is great, but he can't protect his qb from getting sacked.

13. texian

texian Member

Because LT is the least important position on the OL.

I care that our best OL isn't playing because our GM decides not to quietly throw a couple million his way and guarantee his contract. Like he did for other players.

We've got $18M in cap room. McNair got an $10 million refund check into his pockets when Rick sold our 2018 2nd round pick. What do the fans get for that? Nothing. The team is worse. The owner is wealthier. The GM keeps cashing his paychecks.

Who is getting screwed here? Think about it.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He needs to be booted. I agree. But not before the follwing. For eggball Texans to get better, the following have to be dumped ASAP in this order

1. JJ Fatt
    2. Billy o Bryan
    3. Rickie SMith

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Snow Villiers likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's not playing because he's hoping he can hold the team hostage and put them in a bad situation in the future. He knows that he's not going to be worth the kind of money the Texans gave him for much longer so he's hoping to get a ton more guaranteed cash before he washes out of the league.....and you want to help him do that. People whine and b**** about when the Texans give out awful contracts that end up hurting their cap space, but the exact same people who b**** about that are the ones who wanted those stupid contracts to be given out in the first place. The fact that Duane Brown has 2 years left on his current deal at one of the highest levels of pay in the NFL for his position and he's still not willing to bet on himself shows you that he's not worth it. i mean, he doesn't think he's worth it, why should anyone else?

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I' caught him at bww smashing on a plate of 24 hot wings with a JJ Watt jersey on and one of those double beer hard hats

Nook and J.R. like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Was @swyyyguy serving you @FTW Rockets FTW? :)

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

J.R. likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

J.R. likes this.