1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick better than Tom Savage?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 11, 2017.

?

Would he have been a better option than Savage and Watson?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. No

36.5%
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Savage gets hurt they probably just bring back Weeden or some TJ Yates type

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, Kap is terrible in a good situation, put him on the Texans and you might as well just snap the ball to Lamar Miller...or hell Braxton Miller for that matter.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Clearly a better QB and football player but he's a headcase so that's a huge disqualifier.

Savage is a QB journeyman who's lucky to be the NFL. He couldn't even win over coaches and starting jobs in college. He's a flake, always has been always will be.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Kap would not want to come here and play behind this oline.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Savage hasn't had near enough starts to compare them. I'd rather have a guy who stands for the anthem, without protest or fist pumping, unlike Kap or Duane Brown.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

But our coach is an "Offensive Genius!" The O'Brien offense is so "complex"! We just need a qb that is as smart as the offense requires!!!

(excuse me while I vomit)

mick fry likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kap would gladly play anywhere foolish enough to pay him.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** I mean proba

9. Progs

Progs Member

Yes better option because he can at least run away and has more experience than Watson at this point. Savage is just unplayable behind this O line.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hilarious. You'd take Aaron Rodgers if he decided to take a **** during the national anthem and then wipe his ass with the flag. MURRRRRRICA!!!

11. Progs

Progs Member

[​IMG]

tmactoyao, Snow Villiers and el gnomo like this.
  12. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

No, that is very incorrect. Savage hit everyone in the hands with every single pass, probably the best passing half ever under a Texans banner. He got sacked in under 2.5 seconds 6 times. That means, in a 3 step drop, you get 1 extra read, and have to throw on the second without thinking about it. In a 5 step drop, you have to have the ball out the moment you hit the back step, which means, 0 extra reads. During a 7 step drop, you are already on the ground before you have an option to throw the football.

Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Jesus himself would not be making us look any better with the way the offensive line played in the first half of game 1.

And Kaep would not do jack with us lol, he cant make reads and has accuracy issues.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LOL!!!

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wake me up when Braxton or Lamar Miller have thrown for 16 TDs and only 4 INTs in one season like Kaep just did last year in a terrible situation. Matter of fact wake me up when Tom Savage throws a single TD in his career. Savage has more fumbles lost than TDs thrown in his career. Think about that.

el gnomo likes this.
  15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Can he play LG and QB simultaneously? If not, pass.

craigharmann likes this.
  16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

ferrari77 and Xenon like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the same kind of nonsense people used to say in defense of other garbage QB's like Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, or Vince Young.

Anyway, I know the reason you support that scrub Kap and I know it has nothing at all to do with football so there's really no reason to discuss it further. Suffice it to say that if he was any good, he'd be employed as a QB in the NFL.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't care whether Kaep decides to stand for the anthem or not. You however are clearly triggered by it that's why you dislike him.

el gnomo likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not triggered, I'm just pointing out the obvious, that he's not an NFL quality QB. His moronic political BS has nothing to do with the fact that he's not good at football. Liking or disliking players really shouldn't factor in. You could like Tim Tebow all you want, he'd still suck at football. Same goes for Kap.