1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cushing should have been cut 2 years ago and Jjo is 34. Won't get much for those two.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

What is wrong with these dudes? Jags d line that good or did they forget how to block?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's true, in the short time Watson was in the game, he threw 2 interceptions (he got bailed out on one of them with a lucky flag) and fumbled the ball away with a QB rating of only 60.4 (which doesn't even count the one interception he threw that was wiped out with an unrelated penalty).

I mean, sure he's able to run for his life, but he can't throw the ball accurately further than 10 yards down the field and he stares down receivers WAY too much.

As bad as the O line was all over the place, Duane Brown wouldn't have made much of a difference so if his demands are unreasonable.....like asking for an extension, you only hurt the team worse in the long run by giving it to him.....not to mention the precedent you'd be setting by essentially giving in to terrorism.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Jags D-Line has a lot of plus players in Malik Jackson, Cambell, and Fowler. Allen getting blown up and Lamm stopping mid-play is just horrid effort. And that doesn't include XSF being benched for whatever the hell he doing out there.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brien hasn't met the players?

I thought Jeff Allen lost weight and was gonna be awesome this year. We got screwed by his one good year, which was a contract year, in KC.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pretty sure he means, he hasn't discussed it with the players.

He'd rather tell them up front the deal (whoever dumb it is) rather than them hear it from the media. Like "Tommy, you're back at starter but you can't sh** the bed again or else I'll have to let the rook score our only TD of the game".

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. SuraGotMadHops

"We have to run the ball better. That's where I need to do a better job with play design"

Giving Foreman more than one carry would be a good place to start.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill O'Brien: 'We're moving on to Cincinnati'

OBrien "We'll deal with the adversity. No NFL season is determined in the first week of the season."

Bill O'Brien on QBs: 'It's never as bad as you think it is. It wasn't very good. There were some moments both guys did some good things'

O'Brien: "We have to coach better, we have to play better. That's what we have to do... Football is about adversity."

Bill O'Brien: 'It's a long season. It's about how fast you can improve'

Bill O'Brien: 'We've had a lot of good wins. We've won the AFC South two years in a row'

Bill O'Brien expects the five concussed guys probably out this week

Bill O'Brien: 'Got to give me some time here' on quarterback decision

Bill O'Brien on all three TEs concussed: 'We've got to figure out a way'

Bill O'Brien would say all three tight ends potentially out for the game due to concussion protocol

All 3 TEs, Brian Cushing, and WR Bruce Ellington suffered concussion in yesterday's loss to Jags. #Texans

Bill O'Brien hasn't named a quarterback because he hasn't met with the players yet, as he said earlier, lot of 'moving parts.'

Bill O'Brien on Greg Mancz: 'Absolutely, I can envision Mancz starting.' Didn't name him starter yet

RG Jeff Allen also left with injury yesterday. O'Brien says he "absolutely" feels comfortable if Greg Mancz has to step in for him. #Texans

Bill O'Brien: 'It wasn't a good day, no excuses.'

Bill O'Brien: 'When we've given up that much yardage in the running game, we haven't won games'

Bill O'Brien: 'We have to tackle better. I think we missed 10 tackles in the game.' Said team needs to set edge better

Bill O'Brien: 'I've said that Tom [Savage] is our starter, we'll see moving forward here'

Bill O'Brien said D'Onta Foreman will get increased carries going forward

Bill O'Brien on Duane Brown 'I have no idea. I coach the team. The thing I'm in charge of is what you saw yesterday, which wasn't very good'

OBrien "I did think there were some bright spots on special teams. We have to do better on offense and defense. We have to coach better."

OBrien "Football's about adversity. Every week you have to try to improve. That's the game."

OBrien "We have to run the ball better."

Bill O'Brien: 'We have to run the ball better. That's where I need to do a better job with play design'

Asked about saying after Hoyer Week 1 benching in 2015 that it was a mistake in hindsight, O'Brien said he didn't remember saying that.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. gucci888

Think you mean the hands to the face penalty which was pretty clear, bad throw but not a lucky flag.

Another way of looking at it is how much it could hurt the team in the long run having Watson play behind the current line. If yesterday was just a taste of things to come, the outcome could be way worse than having one bad contract to deal with. But yes a lot depends on his demands which we really don't know at this point.

Without a 1st or 2nd rounder, you're looking at FA to bolster your OL so to me, there is a lot more uncertainty with that than giving Duane a raise or guaranteeing the remainder of his contract. And to me screw precedent, every franchise is going to have their holdouts. Not giving in does not make us any better or worse than ones that do.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if people on that Oline dont lose their starting job this week, then I dont know what to say. Personally speaking, I think Tom Savage held the ball too long, but he had zero time for plays to develop. Watson played carefree football, which allowed a good first drive, but a highly inaccurate one later on.

Savage should get one more chance at this, and I think BOB gives him another chance. Another season, and another HUGE question under center...protected by paper mache...

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bill O'Brien on QBs: 'It's never as bad as you think it is. It wasn't very good. There were some moments both guys did some good things'

Curious quote from a guy who panics and pulls his QBs so quick.

Bill O'Brien: 'We've had a lot of good wins. We've won the AFC South two years in a row'

::Rolleyes::

Bill O'Brien: 'Got to give me some time here' on quarterback decision

He had all training camp and Savage for 4 years.

Asked about saying after Hoyer Week 1 benching in 2015 that it was a mistake in hindsight, O'Brien said he didn't remember saying that.

Amazing

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Why not just fire bob by 4th game when we go 0-4.

What coaches are available?

17. thejav

thejav Member

Need a good coach with a good offensive system.

18. gucci888

BoB just said in his presser that was on him (big surprise) and that Foreman will play more. Unbelievable to have 40 yards total the first half with your 3rd round draft pick sitting on the sideline.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm gonna predict. Texans will have a top 3 pick next year. And it will be used on a DE.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You mean Cleveland?