1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's over

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Sep 10, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! It was one of 2 teams I thought we had a pretty easy chance of beating this year. The other was Cleveland.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think this is the problem. At the end of the day the team will end up with an average record and call it a success. They have this every year. A game where the offense looks horrible and then they rally to 9-7 and we get to do it again next year. #FixTheOffense

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I bet Savage and Watson are secretly pissed off about Duane not showing up to help protect them. They are out there doing the best they can do without the help of one of our best offensive linemen, who doesn't care if it doesn't suit him. Yeah, he will eventually show up, with or without the contract, but if it isn't until week 9 he doesn't deserve to call himself a Texan.

Houstunna likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree about how they lost...

But still, it is one week. It doesn't tell you much in the NFL.

I remember that year the Giants won the superbowl they like sucked for the first 5 weeks and only caught fire near the end of it all.

I guess my main and only point is we don't know much about the league right now, for all we know we lost to a 14-2 team today and it could be the only team we look this bad against.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If we go through another coaching change without Rick Smith losing his job, I think I might have to stop following the team seriously.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I LOVE THE MELTDOWN

I feel sorry....not

#27 FTW Rockets FTW, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Given his strong connections to the family, I don't think the Texans' will ever actually "fire" him. Best we could hope for is for him to be promoted to a "VP of Football Operations" position and hire a subordinate to be GM and work with the HC on personnel decisions.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't get it. Why would you love the meltdown?

Crutch City likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a better hype man than a pass rusher now. Sad to see injuries take a man's career away.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

People here always build up eggball Texans every year as "this is the year" when I keep telling them that this is an irrelevant franchise and will remain this way until the over-rated, soft, fake leader JJ Fatt is GONE

As long as he is here, eggball Texans WILL NEVER win a thing

Take that to the bank

REEKO_HTOWN and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why are you like that?

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If we go through another coaching change without Rick Smith losing his job we need a federal judge to investigate the NFL allowing an owner to use and abuse the people and city's money. It worked overruling the Elliot decision, so why not owner decisions? Any more firings should start at the top with Rick the Godfather.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I guess I didn't realize you weren't a Texans fan. Are you a Cowboys fan?

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

One of the worst knee-jerk posters around here.. but at times makes good points.

I'm not jumping off the ledge yet, but there is good reason to be concerned. Our o-line can't block for sh** and the "strength" of our defense, our front 7, was being manhandled by a subpar Jax o-line with the secondary being picked apart by Blake freakin Bortles.

Bottom line, nobody showed up yesterday afternoon and the person most to blame is BoB for not having these guys prepared enough to compete. They could have all just stayed home with Duane from what we saw.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Have said it about the Texans for a while now...seems like there is very little direction. You can agree or disagree with the Rockets' or Astros' approach...but at least you understand what they're trying to accomplish and how they aim to get there. The Texans are a mess. There is no consistent philosophy. The handling of the QB situation year in and year out is atrocious and nonsensical.

I'm hoping this last game was an anomaly. But it's hard to find anything positive to say about any facet of the game yesterday. Here's hoping things look better on Thursday.

Pipe, whag00, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

Truthfully, I don't eggball

I just call a spade a spade.

18. Nook

Nook Member

There is no direction.

The owner is not terribly passionate about winning and is more concerned about being liked and respected by the other owners. He has multiple times pointed out how he is social with his fellow owners and proudly proclaimed how well he is respected by them. He has said very little about Super Bowls. His priorities are different than his fans or players or coaches.

Rick Smith's priority is surviving. He is a politician that has carefully cultivated a close relationship with Bob McNair and now Cal McNair. Rick spends most of the off season on Sundays at church with the McNair's and then fried chicken socials at the McNair's. He is The Godfather for Cal's kid and is best friends with Cal.

Bill O'Brien is an expert at blaming everyone but himself and surviving. He always says it is "my fault" after games but uses the media to blame Smith, his QB, his OC. He proudly points out division titles, failing to point out that his team was mediocre and in a mediocre to bad division.

You add all that together and there is no real direction or central purpose other than being "comfortable".

There is no innovation or calculated risks. The Texans usually take the path that is the least work. There is no passion or sense of competitiveness.

Maybe it changes when it is Cal's team but seeing how he let the GM be Godfather to his child, I doubt it.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Why are you here then? You're a closet NFL fan I bet or just like being obnoxious.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

No matter what happens, Brown or not, the O line is going to kill this team. They could have an all world D, amazing runners and receivers, if the QB is running for his life or flat on his back in 2-3 seconds, you're not winning many games. Plain and simple. And that comes down to the players you have and the coaching they get. Both are abysmal. The coach has said repeatedly "It's on me. I've got to do a better job." And has he? Nope? But who is holding him accountable?