1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs shopping hard for Demarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aussie rocket, Sep 3, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Gordon, Capela, Black is more than enough salary at the deadline. Only happens if Demarcus wants to go. Pels have surrounded him with Wildcats to try to get him to stay.

DeMarcus will call his shot at the deadline. And we have a great shot at him if he does decide to leave the Pels.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hold out? If I were the Pels I'd jump on this so fast it'd make Lebron's head spin. Lottery pick for a dude who is a horrible fit alongside Davis and who will probably leave in FA.

3. rockets13champs

Just thinking if Cousins gets moved to Cleveland. Will Nola be willing to take in Ryan Anderson?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

don't we need to attach our 2020 1st rounder in order to offload ryan for melo first? and why would the pels want gordon back again after having already suffered through all his injured seasons?

5. basketballholic

No

Gordon is an asset, he's worth a mid first round pick by himself. If Demarcus is leaving and wants us they'll gladly take him and he'll be their 6th man or they'll trade him for a first round pick. Value contract with 2 years left after this one. Are you kidding me? You may actually be able to get a low lottery pick for him.

roslolian likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

okay, so then what exactly do you think we're sending for melo? both ryno & ariza? or taking back some crap contract as well?

7. basketballholic

Anderson, nanu, Taylor, second rounder..

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if that's directly to NY, i don't see why they don't just buy him out then lol

MorningZippo likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Gordon hated New Orleans and the organisation also didn't like him and his attitude at all. No way they want him back.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But bbhollic said so

MorningZippo and el gnomo like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I can totally see EGO hating NO but why will NO complain about his attitude? Ego's issue is mainly his health, he wasn't healthy almost all of his seasons in NO after being somewhat healthy in Clippers. He averaged solid numbers every season he played in NO (averaged 18.5 pts on 44% FG, 40% 3 pt shooting) so it's not like he was a bum. Besides NO isn't exactly the San Antonio Spurs, their roster are full of jokers and their coaching is a mess so what right do they have to hate on Eric Gordon's attitude? lol

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i forgot where i saw his interview but he made it pretty clear he wanted out of NO. He requested that NO not match and he hated it when they did to bring him back during his FA

malakas likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here it is. It's unknown if he was mad throughout the season,,,he only played 9 games. This article says he was miffed how they treated him as a free agent.

New Orleans Hornets' guard Eric Gordon won't be happy about staying in NOLA

Here's a tidbit. He really goes to town on NOLA in that article. He was not pleased that they never called him.

LAS VEGAS - New Orleans Hornets shooting guard Eric Gordon said if the team matches the four-year, $58 million offer sheet he signed this week with the Phoenix Suns, he'll play in the Crescent City, but he won't be happy about it.

Gordon made his comments speaking with reporters for the first time since issuing a statement through his agent that his "heart" was in Phoenix.

"If (the Hornets) were interested, there wouldn't have been no tour, there wouldn't have been nothing," Gordon said. "There's been no negotiations. I was right there in Indiana. I haven't received no calls, to me personally. They've contacted my agent.

"As for now, I don't know what's going on. (If the Hornets match) as of right now, I'd be disappointed."

YOLO and malakas like this.
  14. basketballholic

Yeah. Trade won't work because Gordon doesn't like the Pels....You can't trade players to teams they don't like. :rolleyes:. So forget it. We can't trade for him because Gordon don't want to go to New Orleans. :rolleyes:

Come on guys.

I was asked to match salary for a trade. If DeMarcus wants to come here and the Pels want something for him they'll take our assets. Gordon is definitely an asset. And he's under contract. For three more years. They'll take him. Or they'll flip him to a third team and get a pick for him.

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Your argument automatically became invalid when MEM took GS to 7 games because GS could not stop them down low, MEM away too big and GS was getting out rebounded. Only way GS won was when Conley, Allen, and Marc got hurt.

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This never happened. Memphis took GS to 6 in '14-'15, but Conley, Allen, and Gasol weren't hurt that series. GS won by giving more minutes to Lee/Livingston to offset Memphis' size advantage.

MorningZippo likes this.
  17. basketballholic

It takes two to tango. Memo has to agree to buy out. They would buy him out for this year's salary. But then he'd lose birds rights. Birds rights are important in Melo's case. Yolo long time explain. He would agree to a buyout if the Knicks included a decent portion of next season's (2018-19) salary. But Knicks have no incentive to do that.

Knicks trying to figure out what to do with Anderson here. There's a couple options on the table. Tobias is obviously one. They're looking for something better and they're not for sure Tobias is better than Anderson at this point.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure just paying 90% of melo's remaining contract isn't better than assuming 3 more years of anderson's

roslolian and malakas like this.
  19. Steve_Francis_rules

Mike Conley was injured. He missed Game1, which Memphis lost. Tony Allen did sit out game 5, and played only about 20 minutes combined in Games 4 and 6, although I don't actually recall if that was because of injury. Gasol played big minutes the entire series, and I don't remember him being injured, but that doesn't mean he wasn't playing through something.