1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the benefits of getting married?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, Sep 2, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

$100 says that on at least one of these occasions(past or future) it was really intended to tell her bff to leave her alone, she's got a man this weekend.

Does that clarify it? No sliding scale, etc. I gotta know the chick before I can say that.

2. Nivos

Nivos Member

Sorry dude, you are not "keeping it real". You're just being an ass.
    I'm pretty sure not being able to feel is not an advantage in life, and i'm pretty sure you're aware of that. Here I thought for a second that there can be an honest convesation between guys without cynical remarks and dick measuring.
    I guess i was wrong.

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I may come off as a douche, but i am being real. He's in a friend zone, he's being held in pretty much a cuck position. No relation to what the OP is talking about. He's talking about conforming and accepting societal pressures, not some girl he's gawked at for 6 years, never kissed, told he loved once and unsure what her cry was about.

If you can't see that yourself, you're probably in the same boat.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'm pretty sure i'm in a different boat all together. (Literally, I'm actually on a boat right now).
    Just hate bullies. You can look on how other people remarked on his situation, and I agree its a different situatiin, like we all are. But you're just being a dick about it. For the purpose of the discussion you can argue that being single is the way to go because of that and that. And if you want to help a guy out with advice there are ways to do it. But this is not it. This is just being an ass.
    Respect for other people goes a long way, random people on internet chats, and women everywhere, even in clubs. You should try it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

OP can do as he wishes, I'm just stating the benefits to being single. The other guy was talking about something completely different, and honestly not even relevant. That's why I came in and had to keep it real. I already told that other guy I hope he finds someone that appreciates him.

Being disrespectful, doesn't mean I'm wrong. That's my take. And I do fine in life socially, with my guy friends, with girls, in clubs, and on boats.

6. Nivos

Nivos Member

Wish you all the best in life. Just hope you would realise one day that there is a *Big* difference between "keeping it real", and being an ass.
    Peace out.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Never, never, never marry an only child, or someone whose flaws you think you'll be able to fix or tolerate.

If the sex is great, she laughs at your jokes, she can crack wise, her parents are still married, and she makes you want to be a better man, then you'll very likely be happy with her. It helps if you suspect she's a little bit smarter than you, and she has solid common sense and ethics. Marry that woman.

Married men are the happiest men.

BamBam, Pen15clubber and Nivos like this.
  8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I've always worried about women who expect a man to fix all their problems. She Does not seem that way. I feel she is too good for me and this is not the first time this has happened.

Anyways i do no think i am ready. Gonna take things slow.

/thread

Nook and malakas like this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good for you, take it slow is always my advice. If you knew, you wouldn't ask.

I don't know so I must ask... why is this in the NBA dish?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. I know when I want relationship advice or tips about personal grooming, the first person I look to is @SirIvyLeague

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

In the end there's no right and wrong answer. For everyone is different. Do as your heart tells you and what is the right thing for you.

Lucky that you are a man and live in the US so there's not much social pressure to get married and have kids.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Our 40th anniversary is coming up early next year and I can proudly say that I've been a fan of the Rockets the entire time. If nothing else, I've proved that it's possible to survive the experience this long. Good luck. That's all I've got.

13. BackdoorHarden

Any woman you marry, make sure she's ok with your trolling on Clutchfans.com and have a NBA league pass.

If she said, "baby, you can't have no league pass and have time for me too..." then you gotz to dump her!!!

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'd like to hear more about this

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I dunno but it's LIT

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Those are his actual abs btw. Even some of the sexiest guys I know would feel like @mr.motiejunas next to that piece of ass

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  17. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

women are pretty quick to work out if a guy they are dating is marriage material, but obviously if you marry her you are offering her what she needs in her life, whether thats security of money cause your job is good, mature enough, makes her feel protected at all times, reliable.

My wife is Japanese and I live in Japan, but we are not similar in personality, she is much more of a serious type and she is an indoor type, where as I am outgoing and maybe funny, and I love outdoor activities. But we have the same goals when it comes to money, kids education and views about the world. But our relationship works and some how we will have a kid towards the end of the year, so life is getting exciting again

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am glad you have someone. Which city do live in?

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

My boys visit me, I visit them. And we go out into town and do our thing chasing girls.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Get married, and make your life's purpose serving her and making her smile. In return, you'll receive a friend and companion you won't want to live without.

JonathanK likes this.