1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs shopping hard for Demarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aussie rocket, Sep 3, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

The pick is a nice throw in. But Cousins has only been there a half season. Why would The Pelicans trade him away for a draft pick & trash. They'd basically be throwing another season away. If Cousins can be had for basically a draft pick, then Melo should be worth a 2nd rounder & Ryan Anderson. I'm jus saying

2. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

What type of source is this lmao

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't think anyone is saying that the Brooklyn pick + Shumpert is a good deal for the Pelicans. Or that New Orleans should give up on the Davis and Cousins experiment this early. I definitely don't think either of those.

But in its own, that pick is a better trade asset than Anderson.

4. basketballholic

That is precisely what they're both worth in trade.

Calebhardin9 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  5. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Not sure how credible, but there's several reports in reference to this. I heard this on a podcast as well. I'd throw Tristan Thompson in the deal as well. He'd be expendable with Boogie in the lineup.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/...nets-pick-iman-shumpert-for-demarcus-cousins/

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...t-pick-lebron-james/jsioadlzbxo215aaqojxx1jz3

https://cavsnation.com/imaginary-scenario-where-cavs-could-have-both-demarcus-cousins-dwyane-wade/

6. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

They will have to give up Kevin Love as well

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Would make cavs favorites imo and the finals would be so much more entertaining at least.

have a feeling this is going to happen. The pelicans are probably offering DeMarcus Cousins a lot of money/max and I'm sure he's gotten word if there is any truth to this trade rumor...So he will say no. If the pelicans get off to a slow start I can see this happening, especially when the nets get off to a 1-10 start or 2-12 start.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Means nothing to me. Suit yourself. You can go away.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Neither the Kyrie trade demand nor Lebron being up for free agency were within his control though. He just got hired. He got a decent trade package for Kyrie all things considered. He got a rebuilding piece in the Brooklyn pick that will him them rebuild when Lebron likely leaves. Crowder is a decent player regardless of what happens. I think he's playing it right: maintain some competitiveness for this year while knowing Lebron is going to leave.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

well yeah hes in a position to semi rebound if lebron does indeed leave but in response to the praise who i was responding to I don't see it to that. it was a good package for irving no question. can't get much better value

11. basketballholic

Won't happen unless Cousins wants it to happen. He's a pending free agent. They're not going to trade the pick without Cousins agreeing to an extension. Cousins not likely to do that without Lebron committing to stay in Cleveland. And LeBron not likely to do that.

Basically, Cousins is a free agent. He tells the Pels he's gonna leave, he then tells the Pels where he wants to go. They can either trade him for some value to the team he wants to go to, trade him for lesser value to a team he didn't want to play for, or ride out the season and lose him for nothing but cap space.

The leader in the clubhouse in terms of a trade for DeMarcus Cousins is the Houston Rockets. Rockets have a better team than the Cavs. And their main guy is locked up for years and won't be leaving. He wants DeMarcus and the organization wants DeMarcus. And we have a comparable package of assets to Shump and the Nets pick in Gordon, Capela, 2020 first rounder unprotected and one of Hartenstein/Qi.

After Melo is acquired the focus will swing to DeMarcus. He's the ideal piece after Melo to tame the Warriors with.

Rockets want a center who can lock down the defensive paint, rebound, throw the outlet pass, and then on the offensive end can read the defense right alongside the point guard and run both pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop at the three point line dynamically. Right now, there probaby is not a better fit for the role and not a better shooting center in the whole Association than Cousins.

The Rockets want their center shooting the three. (This is how you can know that Capela is a short timer here. He's going to be traded. Just a matter of when.) When you get a line-up of Paul, Harden, Ariza, and Melo on the floor together and you combine those 4 with a center that can run pick-and-pop and shoot the three, now you've got the Warriors defense in a pickle. It forces their 5-man to either give up the long ball or defend the three point line and not be involved in the paint. That will be the greatest offensive team to ever lace them up. And it will have three great defenders around Harden and Melo.

There's simply no better way to negate and marginalize Draymond Green than to force him to have to defend DeMarcus. And believe you me, DeMarcus knows and understands that. Once the Melo trade is finished within the next three weeks, the rumors and focus will shift to DeMarcus. Watch the Warriors get involved themselves offering Thompson and a couple picks in hopes of getting DeMarcus instead of him coming here.

Once Melo is a Rocket the NBA will be quaking with DeMarcus speculation.

peleincubus likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

(huh, whadd'd I do?)

B-hol: not arguing w/any of what you said "but" until Rox sale is approved I am reluctant to believe anything about 'what the Rockets want' or similar.

This Melo thingy, is there a Melo thingy?, begs that question save for the legs it has overridingly.

Stanton in Marlinsville having a season for history but Jeter and his new look ownership team plans on gutting the roster. ta-ta momentum and Hello to questions about what directions Landryville may direct 'our' team.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Wrong thread?

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If I were the Cavs, I would offer a package centered on Kevin Love and Shumpert and different #1 and see if New Orleans would bite. Davis and a stretch 4 like Love would be something.

16. basketballholic

Demarcus is a better player than Love.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Pelicans should jump on that deal. Shumpert is unstoppable on most days that end in "Y"

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Every single miami team he was on was better than this. Even when they lost in the finals.

Also, the cavs won't be able to play with love and DMC down the stretch. They'll get absolutely torched by teams that go small.

19. Moleb

Moleb Member

Good post but HOW will we do this? As in trade who for who? How will the salaries match?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sign me up for that. Lol