1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing support for the City

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 28, 2017.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden didn't receive media backlash..... the other fool did. A couple of btches complaining about harden not donating is nothing compared to the whole nation hearing the story about the pastor who claimed that he couldnt help the unfortunate bc his mega church was "flood".
    @cheke64 is just a fking hater.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All the Harden fans are rejoicing, all 5 of them. Glad to see you guys crawl out the woodwork.

jordnnnn likes this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

you say this as a diss( but its true), i was serious when i said James Harden is the most disrespected star athlete in the history of sports( to have never taken ped's, or gotten in trouble off the court)

James Harden donated 1 million. And check out the comments on twitter and online bashing him

I wish Harden gave nothing, no matter what he does he will never be white enough to get respect in this country. If Jadaevon Clowney did what Watt is doing, no way he would have raised as much as Watt has raised. Put a white face on anything and it sells in america

I once had a aspiring music producer tell me if he could find a "white girl who can sing like a black girl, he would be a millionaire"

and for those that dont believe me about hate harden is getting check the comments on espn, and twitter

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ouston-rockets-giving-1-million-harvey-relief

-------------------

What has biggio and bagwell given in donations. Its only harden getting called out

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at this loser cheke...so pathetic

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Will he make me look like a complete moron next playoffs or will he prove me right again?

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Does the 64 in your username represent the year you were born? It would explain a lot.

#146 TheGM, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

8. Wommy

Wommy Member

Don't get all the hate on our franchise player who's been doing nothing but great things for the people and city of Houston.

Love my Rockets and harden.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I had no idea people were slamming Harden. I thought he had already donated BEFORE the 1 million. This dude can't win.

I appreciate JJ Watt's effort in getting 15 mil+ for Houston, but he is getting all the praise for other people's donations. How much has he put in?

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tmac made you look like a complete moron every playoffs.

Harden has already taken the team further.

That ship has sailed.

tinman likes this.
  11. SORF

SORF Member

We need to remember that donating a million $$ requires some time to make arrangements. It's not like writing a check. So he announced it when the arrangements went from probable to certain.
    Thank you Harden for your generosity to your, and our "hometown".

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Right. He's probably not sitting there with tens of millions just hanging out in a bank account collecting simple interest - if he has any sort of financial advisor at all, the bulk of his wealth is likely tied up in a number of hopefully appreciating assets - some more easily turned into cash than others. Cut the guy some slack.

13. riko

riko Member

And you can crawl back to jenny lin.net

Reeko likes this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Those aren't really related, Harden's game is as aesthetically displeasing as it can get, i've always liked it personally but its not a houston thing, but because i prefer a chess style to a gazelle style (harden wants to sucker you into checkmate, westbrook wants to run past you), but most people don't so it's absurdly frustrating on the receiving end.

Jadaveon Clowney isn't a 3 time dpoy with a pristine extroverted public persona, so you're not comparing apples to apples there, despite very similar career paths/prestige, Jerry Rice for example would do better than Joe Montana for fund raising.

The female issue is very much linked to evolutionary biology (that women are preferred based on appearance and populations intrinsically see ideal beauty in their own group, so the money in female entertainers will be those who have 'their' ideal characteristics)

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

right about what?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is a better Rocket and Houstonian than McGrady ever was

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

$100k

A cheap ass phony is JJ Fatt. He is lucky to have so many delusional, dumbass, low IQ uneducated fans like @Nigel Thornberry and boobythefail donating to his campaigns to make his donations look significant

Bottomline: Fatt donated $100k, Kim K 500k, James Harden $1 million, Uncle Le$ $10 million

Yes, Fatt should be embarassed

RasaqBoi and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not hard to understand that both guys are helping this city tremendously right now. Watt might not have given as much money, but he's called to action so many influential people across the country. He's used his popularity and platform to do REAL good for the people here in a time when they needed it the most. And Harden has done the exact same thing.....not quite as vocally, but with his actions. For an athlete to throw city-wide festivals, host charity tournaments, show his love 365 days a year, and then pledge $1M is truly the stuff of legends. We're lucky to have them both here for a long, long time.

But of course, imbeciles and small-minded posters on this board would have you think that it's IMPOSSIBLE to have equal love for all our sports teams and players in this city. The usual suspects have absolutely decimated this board, and made it basically unbearable this off-season. Toxic is an understatement.

khanhdum and DreamShook like this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Agreed, Watt is basically getting credit from other people donation. 100k out of 17 million, and Watt is getting praise like he's the best Houston Athlete that ever existed. Personally I still think Andre Johnson is the best Texans.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude every athlete gets **** on these days.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.