1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What are the benefits of getting married?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i am currently considering settling down and i am wondering why do guys get married.

Right now i am free, dont have to work hard, get by, take care of myself, and i am happy. Sometimes it can be lonely i guess but not like some of you think. It is this small phobia i get when i eat junk food and go to bed that night and feel like my heart has to work hard to digest that food. If i had someone next to me they have my back down the line if i do have a heart attack. The nunber one cause of death is the heart giving out. That is where it stems from.

Getting married means:

-i have to provide for her and possibly kids. I believe i must give my wife the choice to not work if she so chooses. If and when we have kids she needs to take care of them and that may mean quitting her job for good. This means i have to work much harder.
    -babies are loud, and require a lot of time, money, care, and patience to raise
    -i have to share my bed. Both good and bad
    -i kinda have to make some changes. Grow up.
    -i am not stressed, and in a good place. I dont want to end up stressed all the time trying to provide.
    -possible divorce down the line which could be very stressful. Ive helped others through it and it sucks.

rm365 likes this.
  2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Mod please move this.

3. amaru

amaru Member

I would advise against marriage for the sake of help with a medical emergency. Life alert can do the same function without all the risks.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't want to get married but then i got older and found the best girl. Just make sure you are picking the right one and it is gravy.

amaru likes this.
  5. dduong5

dduong5 Member

If you are middle income or poor, do get married, kids and a family are the best thing you will have in your life. Don't get married if you are a high salary earner, there is a life of luxury, traveling, and many women awaiting you.

pugsly8422, BigShasta, rm365 and 5 others like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

How old are you?

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    Kids are great, literally the greatest part of life. Marriage on the other hand is guilt prison. Don't do it to yourself, have kids with beautiful smart women but marriage, just trust me as soon as you get in you're gonna want out and once you get out you gotta deal with emotional bullshit. Don't do it

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I think you should eat and live healthier if you are worried about getting a heart attack. It sounds like you want to get married for all the wrong reasons. So she could be the wrong one or more likely it's not the right time for you.

Remember that if you get married to someone who earns more than you then you will not have to provide financially for her. In that scenario it may be you who needs to give up your job to take care of your kid.

Good luck and try to find a job in which you will enjoy working harder. After all, that's why we all get on James Harden's case - some feel he doesn't work hard enough!

Marriage isn't a panacea. It's a mutual process of growth and understanding one another.

Nivos and Brown Lost It like this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

Marriage is for suckers. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you have money, do not get married. Especially if you live in a community property state. Do not get married if you have money!!!

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

This is the case and i would feel like such a b****.

I almost would rather not get married just because of this idea.

12. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

I have an 18 month rule before I even considered if "She" is marriage material. People can hide allot of their crazy past, financials or mental issues. It becomes more difficult overtime to continually keep issues from seeing the light of day. Just have fun, the worst thing you can do is decide. I need to get married to ensure I don't choke to death on a french fry.

CantBeRight and Brown Lost It like this.
  13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Yeah, that last sentence too you know, it is not just that. I could never live with a roommate. I enjoy freedom. Never heard a good roommate story. But it would be nice for someone to have my back in general both in and out of the home.
    Good stuff.

I factor in everything because it is for life and kids are for life. Is She tall enough to give birth to a heallthy baby (i am tall), i worry a shorter girl could not handle it and would make the birth complicated. Does she snore (how do i find out without sounding rude?). She is skinny so it wont suck to share a bed with her.

It may look like i am looking at it all wrong, and maybe i am. Ive never done this before.

#13 Brown Lost It, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  14. atam

atam Member

If you're getting married as a means to improve your life and somehow morph into a better you, don't. Take total responsibility for your current condition and your future, and be sure that you have the means and ability to support yourself regardless of your marital status. We're biologically wired to be territorial, fights are the natural effect of sharing a living space with someone (i.e. husband/wife/kids/in-laws).

I respect your notion that your wife needs to take care of the kids, but we live in a society where it's a joint effort. If you're worried about having to provide, put yourself in a situation where you can live comfortably, where you can afford to take a parental leave. It's incredibly difficult to earn more sometimes, but having money is better than not having it.

Sounds like you feel like getting married is the next logical step in your life. That's for you to decide. However, if you feel that getting married is a means for you to improve your life rather than contribute to the growth of someone else, I strongly urge you to reevaluate.

MoonBus, Torn n Frayed, MONON and 2 others like this.
  15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't do it. You risk losing it all. You're reward? Some security, that's all.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Not all women are gold diggers. I dont know why a man would want one and thinks getting rich is going to solve all of his problems. There are good girls. They are harder to find, but they exist. Social media and kim karashian, the most followed person in the world, screwed up a lot of them.

Also, horny guys are not blameless. Women have to keep their guard up sometimes because guys dont know when to stop bothering them and take a hint.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Maybe if you were married, someone would have been there to tell you where the hangout is ;)

RiceRockets and rocketman84 like this.
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think you are ready to get married.

RiceRockets, Nook and Brown Lost It like this.
  19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lol, i have been annoying this past week because i wanted to bet 6k to win 2k on mayweather but none of my cards let me on any site.

I really needed that money.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

why is this in the NBA dish?

attention seeking, entitled, and dumb OP.

ban on sight