1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EuroBasket 2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raz, Aug 6, 2017.

1. omgTHEpotential

No Teodosic and Jokic though...

2. arjun

arjun Member

Stuck inside like most of you guys...I really want to watch the USA Panama game today. Does anyone know where it will be showing? I can't find the broadcast information any where.

3. Raz

Raz Member

EuroBasket starts tomorrow. Hartenstein made it to the final roster, will be in action at 14:45 CET against Ukraine. Hope our moronic coach gives him minutes.

You can find the schedule and all team rosters on the official site. And here's an expert preview.

4. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

D-mo probably won't play first game. He is flying only today out of Houston , and congrats to him he just became father!

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I can't find this stuff on any channels.

Would make sense for NBATV to carry this stuff, not like they have anything else to show right now.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fify :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. arjun

arjun Member

Americup is on ESPN! Eurocup there may be some reddit streams.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Raz

Raz Member

Since we're in the EuroBasket thread, "our" referred to Germany's head coach Chris Fleming, who proved his ignorance multiple times during his tenure. I'll never understand how he got that assistant job with the Nuggets and now the Nets.

9. omgTHEpotential

Germany-Ukraine has started. Hartenstein hasn't gotten any playing time YET. Dennis Schroder is carrying the Germans.

Mazulis likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

Schröder was fantastic (32/7). Our team only goes as far as Dennis takes us. No minutes for Hartenstein though :(

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

He looked amazing. I know it was against Ukraine, but he just seemed on a completely different level than anyone else on the floor, from either team. I don't think he can be as dominant as Dirk when carrying the team on his own, but I think he can do a pretty good job of that (as he proved today).

Raz likes this.
  12. Raz

Raz Member

First upset as Georgia beats Lithuania 79-77. Motiejunas with 4 Points and 0 Rebounds pretty much irrelevant. Still believe Lithuania wins this group.

13. omgTHEpotential

Way to put it out of context... DMo drove from Houston to Dallas, then flew from Dallas to Frankfurt (Germany) to Tel Aviv (Israel) within the last 16-20 hours. He wasn't with the team for almost an entire week (he was with his fiance in Houston where she gave birth to their son and then got stuck because of the hurricane Harvey) when Lithuanians were preparing for this game :)

As for the game, the stats weren't impressive, but he wasn't "irrelevant". He didn't force anything, was perfect 2/2 from the field for 4 points (1 assist & 1 steal). He couldn't do more because he got a lot of fouls pretty quickly and played a total of 13 minutes. That midrange 2-pointer he hit was really crucial to stay in the game and not let the Georgians run away with the lead.

#53 omgTHEpotential, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  14. Raz

Raz Member

Didn't know that. Still -- if you report to play, these excuses don't count. "Irrelevant" might've been too harsh, but not a single rebound in 13 minutes and just two attempts speak their own language.

But like I said, I expect Lithuania to win this group. The play Israel on Saturday and Italy on Sunday, should be two wins.

15. omgTHEpotential

This is absurd. I don't know how you can even call it excuses. Flying around the world after not being with the team during the preparation and arriving just hours before the game. If these are excuses to you, then I don't have anything else to say to you.

No rebounds in 13 minutes isn't good, but DMo never was known for his rebounding anyway. Regarding only two field goal attemps, I'm happy he didn't try to do anything more with that jet-lag. Just be a big body on defense & move the ball on the offensive side - that's all that was required of him.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz, by my count, the girlfriend got herself pregnant the day Donastas signed his $38m contract with the Rockets. oops

So, he screws himself over his contract, knocks up a gf in December, marries the gold-digger, then in another attempt to do the right thing and be by her side for birth, he basically causes Lithuania to get upset by Georgia because he can't really play. How many more ways can this guy be so stupid.

btw: How come over the past year on twitter and instagram, DMo has never told us of this gf, or his pregnant fiance, or his new baby ... or did I miss him showing off his gold-digger.

17. Raz

Raz Member

If you're not in the condition to play, you just don't, it's called responsibility. If you decide to dress up, there is no room for excuses.

18. omgTHEpotential

I respect you as a poster, but that is a douchebag post. He has been with her for like 6-7 years now.

Bobbythegreat and Mazulis like this.
  19. omgTHEpotential

Lithuania doesn't have many players to choose from. Even jet-lagged DMo still better than no DMo.

Mazulis likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, that's right. I forgot he showed up with a super-hot gf at 2011 Summer League (I was there to meet her) who we all want to do the nasty, with. Is that less douchey, since I called her a hottie who everyone wants to hit?

What's up with him taking so long to wife her and her needing to get pregnant to force the issue. He hasn't seemed to show her off at all, all these years like Wiltjer and Ryno do, and she is so Hot! Like his contract negotiations with the Rockets, he probably thought he was too good for what she offered...he wanted a Max girl from Maxxim like Parsons always had.