1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[2017] TV Shows you are done with?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Remix

Remix Member

Ozark. Gave up on it after the flashback episode. Was already getting bored with the show, but the flashback episode put the nail in the coffin.

fba34 and donkeypunch like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youve given up on Rick and Morty? How? Why?

3. donkeypunch

Boardwalk empire
    Walking Dead
    Suits
    Ozark
    Dexter
    All the Netflix marvel shows
    All comic book shows that arent animated.

4. Buck Turgidson

The Strain
    The Mist
    TWD
    Twin Peaks
    About to give up on Ray Donovan

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I gave up halfway through the first season of The Wire.. lol. I know I know. I'll make myself plow through the rest of the season at some point, and probably get hooked knowing that people swear its the best show ever made.

Recently I gave up on TWD though. That series has no respect for its fans. They got a formula they think will allow them to continue that series for 10 more years at least. It will blow up in their faces when in two seasons I predict they will get a cancellation notice and have to garble up into some hodge podged finale.

6. donkeypunch

I did the same thing and dont really have a desire to get back into it, except for the fact that people cant shut up about it when brought up.

7. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I find it to be a mean spirited show at it's core. It peaked with the Hardee's ad, IMO.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The Wire was a tough one to get into. It hooked me on my second try. The accents make it tough to follow, but once you get hooked, it's really captivating.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That show was one of the best I've ever watched for the first 2 seasons, but they were just rudderless after they killed off Jimmy. Still haven't watched the final season.

And yes, Dexter was another show whose high quality went in the s**ter.

I could really name a million shows that were really good and crawled to a finish. It's what made Breaking Bad and now Game of Thrones so damn impressive. They were able to maintain their heat start to finish, even if GOT's writing isn't quite as sharp overall.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i've given up on episodic tv. if i have an hour or so to spare give me a complete tale or forget about it.

i'll binge watch a series after its done, if its a complete tale, based on the recommendation of folks that know what i like.

12. Fantasma Negro

Fortitude is a frozen pile of ****. Insecure is also a piece of ****, Rick and Morty is dumb as **** and I don't watch "This is Us" but I hate their ****ing commercials

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have thought about doing so, but I'm 7 seasons in so I might as well stick with it until the end

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

this last season of FTWD was their best one

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Seriously this season has been brilliant.

donkeypunch likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fear the Walking Dead
    Mad Men (i'm going to try again though.. I've tried 2 times already. This show is so boring.)
    Adventure Time
    Steven Universe
    The Wire (Tried 3 times and cant get passed episode 2)
    Orphan Black
    Doctor Who (**** you Capaldi)

I appreciate Insecure for simply having black people existing and not focusing so much on identity.

This is Us is fantastic.

#36 DreamShook, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Rocket River likes this.
  17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I just started watching Ozark and I am on episode 5, I like the premise of the show, does it go downhill quickly?

18. donkeypunch

The Premise is good, its just bad acting, they added too many villains all at one time, and horrible casting.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Walking Dead: Multiple people have mentioned this one already, so probably not much explanation needed. The best reasoning I can give is it just seems to get more contrived and absurd with every season. It was way more compelling to me when they were learning to survive in this new world against the zombies, and trying to find some sort of safe place. Now the zombies are an afterthought, really. Now it's just about them vs a bunch of dictatorial cartoon-villain thugs, which just bores me, even when the protagonists aren't make nonsensical decisions.

Smallville: An ex-gf turned me on to this show many years back, and I found it pretty uneven in quality, but just good enough to keep going. Eventually I realized that how good a given episode was was directly proportional to how much Lex was in the episode. He was not just the only good actor of the lot, but also the only well-written character. So when they pulled the bizarre lobotomy thing and screwed him over completely, presumably turning him into the super-villain he's know to be, I just... lost interest. I'm not interested in a show with that character as a part-time villain, but it was entertaining with him as a conflicted anti-hero in most episodes.

Merlin: After only a few episodes of this, it seemed pretty clear that it was targeted at a younger demographic. It was never dark and laden with consequences, and the simplistic plots always boiled down to "king hates magic... villain threatens king... villain thwarted by magical means... king decides magic isn't so bad... next episode, king hates all magic again." I kept getting hints that maybe the show would "grow up" eventually, but gave up after it still failed to mature after 2.5-3 seasons. The ex-gf kept watching it though, and the interesting thing is it apparently did get darker and have more complex plots later on. I saw pieces of it from her watching it, but I don't care that much that I missed out on most of the last two seasons because the ending SUCKED. Not Dexter levels of suck, but the next-worst thing.

I feel certain there are others, but those are the ones that leap to mind at the moment.

EDIT:

Also Fear the Walking Dead. The first season was really interesting and ended on such a promising note. Then the next half-season was so unrelentingly stupid I just stopped.

Mad Men. Loved the boardroom/business side of it, was bored to tears by the romance plots, which are obviously the core of the show.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough but it is not like Ozark got tons of episodes or seasons.