1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017-2018] Jeremy Lin as a backup point guard on the Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's pretty hilarious how I write posts like "Again, I could offer you to never talk to you again and for both of us to never talk McGrady again" or that I don't want to have the last word, a perfect offer which tinman never takes, although he repeatedly states how he wants to erase all TOFs and the memory of McGrady.
    Yet, posters like you will act like tinman is right and that I'm obsessed.

Person A offers to never talk to Person B and about McGrady again.
    Person B doesn't accept, but at the same time insists that Person A is only on the board to talk McGrady and to stalk Person B.
    Yet, you somehow act like Person B is even remotely correct.

Every outsider seeing these conversations would think that tinman, you and some others were either trolling, severely autistic or legally r****ded. It's hilarious to see to what lengths you guys go to defend this behaviour and it only works on this board, literally every sane person would think you are absolute morons with no social abilities.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Oh god..the resident adult whiner again. Look at your comments. Your insecurities are showing.

I have said it so many times, if Tinman dominates your thoughts and minds so bad and makes your life so miserable, why not put him on ignore?? There is an ignore function. Use it!

Instead you keep stalking him and keep whining about him in different threads.

Do you enjoy being tortured and enjoy being miserable??

lulz...

tinman likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Funny how you are incapable of properly replying and yes, I should put him on ignore.
    Still baffled how you think I'm whining when literally every post is me showing how terrible tinman's logic and childish attempts are. It's amusing to me, I'm not whining.

And again, it's nice to see no direct reaction to my offer, when it directly supports every claim that tinman supposedly fights so hard for. You guys are brutally transparent.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...and more whining.

Trust me my man. Just put him on ignore like you yourself said you should.

But you wont. Because you have the tinman fetish. Everyone can see you following him around in different threads, trying to pick a fight with him.

You need a positive outlook in your life.

Being miserable all the time is killing your personality and I am saying it to you as someone who is concerned about you.

Please stop making every thread into a you vs tinman one.

Now, let's get back to this thread topic. Airemy Lin.

Do you have anything to offer on the subject matter of this thread? What do you think Airemy Lin running to one of the worst teams in the league just so that he could play as a starter when he had an opportunity to come off the bench and make a winning contribution on a mediocre team?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's not a good basketball player by any means and ran for a bigger paycheck and role, cool with me.

Soo, still not replying to why tinman doesn't take an offer that accomplishes his self-proclaimed missions and that would "destroy" my reason for being on the board?
    An offer that contradicts that your and his narratives are made-up garbage you use to defend his toddler posts?

Nah? Thought so.
    The guy having a "tinman fetish" and that's solely here to discuss McGrady wants to never talk about McGrady or tinman again, yet tinman doesn't take the offer. Ironic.

6. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Hope all you guys are ok with the hurricane...be safe...

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

..and that right there shows how much you are obsessed with tinman.

So he does not take your offer or your bet or whatever.

So what??

Move on!

That's what adults do lol...

Example: jopatcmc (or something) made a bet with me years ago. Kept huffing and puffing and then when he lost, he did not honor his bet to stay away from the forum. He came back with a different moniker. Did not even take up on my offer to keep his original moniker and stay by simply donating $20 to a charity of my choice. He is posting here under a different moniker and you dont see me stalking him do you???

Let it go man....just let it go...your life long quest to somehow prove tinman wrong is making you miserable.

Go out. Enjoy the weather. Grab some ice cream lol...

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just want to point out that he's a total hypocrite and it's annoying to see all the Lin/McGrady threads that he leads in post counts, so I thought the offer was a nice thing for all parties involved.
    Especially when I see him taking shots at me in threads where I don't even post and continues to spread the narrative that I'm only here for McGrady, while he leads every Lin/McGrady thread on the board.

Not making me miserable in the slightest way, but I get your point and will put him on ignore.

Appreciate your post though, this way of reasoning and realism is a better way than calling us names.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Lin Cyclone continues.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just wants the last word
    What a troll

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Poor dude jumped into the lin thread just cause he wants the last word on things

You can tell something is wrong with him

12. tinman

Supporting Member

To go on a thread and not talk about the topic is trolling.

The funny thing is that he doesn't even know what he's trolling.

Sounds like something happened to him in the real world and he's taking out on Clutchfans.

13. yoeddy

Do you live in Texas? Hurricane is no laughing matter...

14. tinman

Supporting Member

We have a hurricane thread on clutchfans but thanks for the concern.
    my area is on higher ground so fortunately we're good so far.

as for the other dude, something clearly has happened to him to jump into the war here.
    He's in Europe so the Hurricane in Texas is probably not big news for him.

My 99er brothers are affected.

yoeddy likes this.
  15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'm not sure why I was tagged I this post - I've never even posted in this thread before today

I don't think I've ever said you invented the term LOF.

I've never been a LOF.

Honestly, I think you've got me confused with someone else.

#555 DFWRocket, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

ok, after reading the responses that were made while I was researching and typing my last post, here's what I've got to say.

Tinman beat me to this site by about 6 months, so I've seen him post a long, long time. His insights are welcome and appreciated and usually well-thought out.

If we're talking about Lin, I'd have to say that he was a good backup pg for his career. A starter? No, he's had flashes but no consistency. Worth the money we paid? No. He was solid backup, but not a person I'd trust to win the game. Has he made mistakes - of course, but so has Harden, Kobe, Jordan, you get the picture. If he deserves the hate he receives for his mistakes, then you have to levy the same amount of hate towards Harden for things like his game 6 non-involvement. I do think some people took Lin as a scapegoat for bigger issues with the team while he was here. Lin was not the issue, Lin was a symptom. He shouldn't have been in the situation he was in because he's just NOT that guy. He's a great guy and a decent player. But we needed a decent guy and a great player - thats not him. LOF's wanted him to be something he's not. He's just not.

17. yoeddy

Houston paid Lin $5M/year for each of the two years he played here. That was lower than the typical starting PG salary in those years, and less than the contracts for PG's such as Jarrett Jack, Speedy Claxton and on-par with Andre Miller who was a backup in Denver at that time. Do you really believe that Lin was worth less than those players for the time he was in Houston?

As far as consistency goes, I agree that he was not consistent when he played for the Rockets, and wasn't very consistent on the other teams he's played on either. On the other hand, he was very young when he played in Houston and in need of a consistent role and good support/development by his coaches...and it's pretty clear IMHO that playing for different teams, different coaches, and even different roles week-to-week/month-to-month on those teams makes it hard for any player to be consistent. At this point in his career, I believe he is less than what his potential is because he has not had the consistency around him that would have allowed him to flourish. This is not unique to Lin...there are many players in the league who do not get great support and consistency in their experience...but since this is a Lin thread, I am pointing it out specifically for him.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol....

Just as DFWRocket says that LOFS wanted Airemy to be something he is not, a LOF jumps in to make a million excuses for his failed hero.

Airemy Lin sucks, which is why he ran to play for one of the worst team in the league. He is the one that chose a new team and coach lol...

I give credit to Airemy for knowing he sucks and knowing that he should go to the Nets.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL so he sucks and it's everyone around him's fault?

just admit he sucks what so hard about it?

Zboy likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

I think it autofilled your name, my bad ! :)