1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard traded to Charlotte

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 20, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If they are discussing Howard and erections you know underage girls gotta be involved. I kid, I kid.

I really do hope the guy reboots his career. He needs to think, WWDD (What would Deandre do?). That's the key.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Do I Howard is too high maintenance, he has other problems but thats his biggest.

Jontro likes this.
  4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

People still think this chump has game? Idiots...

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Two face tbh...

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

... At the end of each of the past two seasons, Howard felt unwanted with the Atlanta Hawks and Houston Rockets. He felt miscast on the court and misunderstood off it. These are themes that seldom go away with Howard, that feed his insecurities and shape his responses to professional adversity.

"The other places I was, the coaches didn't really know who I am," Howard told ESPN. "I think that they had perception of me and ran with it. Cliff knows my game. He knows all the things that I can do. I'm very determined to get back to the top. It's a great feeling when somebody believes in you. They aren't just saying it; they believe it. It really just pushed me to the limit in workouts: running, training, everything. I want to do more.

"In Orlando, I was getting 13-15 shots a game. Last season, in Atlanta, it was six shot attempts. It looks like I'm not involved in the game. And if I miss a shot, it sticks out because I am not getting very many of them. But I think it's all opportunity, the system. I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando."

His homecoming to the Hawks on a three-year, $70 million free-agent contract turned into a one-and-done when the franchise and Howard sought a trade as soon as the season ended. Nothing's ending well for him lately, not with the Hawks, nor the Rockets.

"Teams wanted me to do different things than they promised me when I went to choose them," Howard told ESPN. "In Atlanta, I was going to be involved in the offense. Then, toward the end of the season, it turned into, 'Hey, we just got you for defense and rebounds.'

"What people don't understand from the outside is that, 'Oh, he isn't getting shots so his game is declining,' and that always goes back to opportunity and system. Players thrive with an opportunity and system.

"It stung me how I started the season, getting a lot of shot attempts, getting the ball -- and by the end of the season, in the fourth I was sitting on the bench. It pissed me off. I knew that I had more to give the game, give myself and the team."

"I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando," Howard said. "The fact that I played with a Kobe [Bryant], a James [Harden], and they were ball-dominant, affected me. But I've been in this system before, and I know how dominant I can be. I think I'm smarter now, and that is going to allow me to use my quickness and explosiveness in a better way."

Truth be told, no one is expecting dominance from Howard. Those days are gone. But Clifford still believes Howard can be the difference between the lottery and the playoffs.

"I have always thought about that: All I have to do is win," Howard said. "I thought the situation in Houston was going to be great. But that last year just wasn't there. We started out super good here in Atlanta, and I thought, 'This is it. It's all about to change.' And then, it didn't."

Clifford gives Howard his best chance in a long time, but this is no fairy tale, and these aren't the glory years of the Orlando Magic. Howard has a chance, but it's on him -- once and for all.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Does he actually believe what he says? Why are people not turned off completely by this guy? Every year it's the same story: it's the team, they didn't do this, didn't understand me. It's not psychology, you are a big who doesn't have what it takes to be a traditional big. The Rockets wanted you to do what actually can do: run the pick and roll, rebound and defend. You didn't want to do it. He's so childish, still pointing the finger at others instead of himself. I feel sorry for him, he will never grow up.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

SMH. This isn't even peak punk-ass Dwight.

J.R. likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"The other places I was, the coaches didn't really know who I am"
    _____

Oh they know exactly who you are Dwight.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The guy still doesn't get it

Richie_Rich and J.R. like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i remember the steroids dwert back in his peak when his shoulder alone was bigger than jontro's torso.

Exiled, ghettocheeze and J.R. like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As usual, pointing his fingers at EVERYONE but himself. Loser.

14. GGab_09

GGab_09 Member

This dude is so childish. I remember watching some show with Dwight as a guest and he was talking about shooting threes and adding the perimeter game to his skillset. Next day he gets traded. I just can't believe how delusional this guy is. So much potential if not for his delusions.

Did he have a bad childhood or something? Was he not raised correctly? Someone needs to just talk some sense into this guy.

15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Same story every year, can't believe he went at Mchale and rockets !!!

Morey and les through his man biggest event ever when we got signed.

Why he can't say Clifford knows what I can do & WHAT I CANT DO. be honest everyone has flaws

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Same article for the past few years. I can't believe him seeing the success we had with him being a pick and roll man just did not satisfy him. If he would of just played like he forced himself to play that 2014-2015, he would still be here in Houston. I'm glad Capela understands the player that he is. Hopefully he grew up a little more this summer on being a man in the paint.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Last season, according to NBA.com's points per post up (accounts for TO's, FT%, and FG%), Dwight averaged 0.84, which is in the bottom 38% in the NBA. 62% of NBA players are more efficient at scoring in the post than Dwight Howard. He got more post possessions per game last season than his teammate Paul Millsap, who was in the top 17% of post scoring efficiency in the NBA.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'll always like Howard and thought playoff Howard was an amazing player here.

However, he just doesn't 'get it' and never will

He wants the offense run through him, but doesnt have the skillset. The NBA has changed alot since his Orlando days and even that Howard wouldn't succeed in this NBA

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

nah breh, he's just misunderstood. he misunderstands his own skill set.

20. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

He knows he is not a offensive player...he just talk blah blah blah to save his embarrassment from public and he kept telling the comments that were not true. He doesn't want public to think that he is not a good offensive player and that he should have received average salary. He thinks he should get a lot of money... no way...he sucks. The reason team just gave him million of dollars is that they think it can work out in different system with Howard, but see where it is today..he moved to different 4 teams in like what..5 years? Wow.

I don't understand why he kept practicing in different place in offseason because he wanted public to think he can do jump shots and some kind of post up..but he can't do it in live games. Go ahead and keep practicing, Dwight, but you will never be good.