1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y96sfg4h

4 team major trade:
    NYK out: Melo, Lance Thomas, Knicks 1st, and 2nd
    NYK in: Cousins, Irving

Cavs out: Irving, Love
    Cavs in: Rockets protected 1st, 1 Rockets and 1 Knicks 2nd rounder, R. Anderson, E. Gordon, Clint Capela

Hou out: R. Anderson, E Gordon, Clint Capela, Rockets 1st and 1 2nd
    Hou in: Melo, Ajinca, Pondextor

Pelicans out: Cousins, Ajinca, Pondextor
    Pelicans in: Love, Lance Thomas, Knicks 1st

2. rockets13champs

I'll Pass

3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Leborn comes, it is real big 3. Melo still cannot prove he can bring the team win.

4. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

We use melo to recruit LeBron to come next year and have a big 4

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston can think about to deal with Jazz

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What is your suggestion?

7. rockets13champs

Wut about the @Hornets

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Dwade wants to buy out

9. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So did the odds of getting lebron decrease or increase with their newest acquisitions? remember now they have a chance of getting Michael Porter Jr next season.

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

As long as there is a boat... and that boat was made from a banana, we always have a chance.

saleem and jch1911 like this.
  11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

If D-Wade gets bought out, yall think there's a chance he come to the H? if so, for how much? vet minimum? just curious on yalls thoughts

elmotsangtt likes this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think his top 3 choices if bought out are: Miami; Cleveland; or Houston

13. Fantasma Negro

I think its going to be either Cleveland or Miami, regardless of Melo's impending arrival

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Dwight Howard gets a buyout and comes back to HTine!

(Im kidding save the rotten tomatoes)

BUT I am interested in Noel accepting the QO from Dallas.

So now we can put him on our radar. Our cap space is tight having Harden and CP3 as super max/max players. We are probably out of the Noel sweepstakes unless he's really just not very desired in which case we probably wouldn't be interested. I think I would rather have Capela who enjoys his role than Noel who might think he's better than his role since he went to Kentucky.

At any rate I put Noel and Capela in around the same value as far as centers go and I feel like together they can lock down that center spot for us and possibly even allow Noel to work on his outside game a bit with a few minutes at the 4. 32 Capela/16 Noel at C and 32 Anderson/16 Noel at PF. Is it possible? Probably not. Unless Noel really expands his game and though I know he's been training on jumpers he's really not your typical PF in today's game. I just have a long time infatuation with twin towers. Hell I even wanted Asik and Howard to work knowing it couldn't.

15. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

Him taking the qo saturates the center market next year even more and makes it likely that we can bring back Capela at a discount rate. If somehow we can't keep Capela Noel is a good backup plan for sure.

kwakmeister and jch1911 like this.
  16. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

HOU in: Melo
    HOU out: Ryno, 2020 lottery protected 1st rd pick, NG bros, MEM/MIA/CHA 2nd rd pick

We do this bc duh

Knicks in: Wesley Matthews (contract structure is same as melo's with player option but is 11 million dollars left per year.) NG bros, Salary Filler from POR, MEM/MÍA/CHA 2nd rd pick
    Knicks out: Carmelo Anthony

Knicks save 22 million dollars, get out of the MeloDrama, get a solid 3 and D player and a token 2nd rd draft pick.

Portland in: Ryan Anderson
    Portland out: Mo Harkless, Ed Davis, Salary Filler

Portland is capped out so their only way to improve is via trade and Anderson fills a need for them in that they need more shooters besides just dame and CJ.

Dallas in: Ed Davis, Mo Harkless, HOU 2020 first round pick lottery protected.
    Dallas out: Wes Matthews

Mavs would save money and have cap space next summer to get a star without getting worse this year. I've talked to several fans of the mavs and they would be down

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Memphis Gasol wants to left. Try to buy it

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Is this more of that google translate nonsense? Let me try: Getting it will not be is.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

With the Cavs allegedly open to trading for cousins; we could be a good third team to help facilitate:

1) Cavs send Love to Houston, Brooklyn pick Fyre and Shumpert to Pelicans. Pelicans send Cousins to Cavs. Houston sends Anderson to Cleveland and a 2nd round pick to New Orleans.

2) A better trade for New Orleans and debatably a trade that makes Cleveland worse is similar but has Thompson go to the Cavs in lieu of Fyre and Shump. Whether Cleveland believes Cousins/Anderon > Love/Thompson I'm not so sure. Especially because they give up the Brooklyn pick.

Either way, I think Love is criminally underutilized in Cleveland and would be a great complimentary piece to Harden/Paul. Especially with D'Antomis offense, I think we'd see a resurgence of his Minnesota years.

Alternatively we could include the Knicks and send Love there with the ngtds for Melo

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Rockets would get cut out so fast your head would spin. We're basically just stealing value in this trade. Cleveland wouldn't trade both Love and the pick for Cousins. If they would, the Pelicans would just take it for themselves. Thinking Anderson's horrendous contract and a second rounder can get back Kevin Love is pure delusion.