1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Runningbacks thus far

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Without a doubt the position group that HAS impressed me the most thus far from watching and reports has been our running game depth, D'Onta Foreman with his almost 9 YPC, looks like a feature back drafted in the first round instead of the 3rd honestly, Blue looking like Super blue and not the dog blue from last year,...Hunt and Ervin doing nothing but impressing with speed and productivity and versatile...and we know about Miller and what he brings. I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to expand on the discussion for the position group. Just very excited about this segment of the team and the depth which may be the strongest potentially we ever had if things keep up.

#1 ROXRAN, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    KingCheetah and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

???

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Miller is kinda meh but Foreman looks good

red5rocket likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I like everyone except Blue. Only reason I see him staying is because of special teams. We have that big back in Foreman.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Foreman needs to be starting by week one.

RasaqBoi, Hustle Town and J.R. like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really like Blue, and find it baffling you say that when he is leading the team in yards per rush so far. I like him better than Miller.

8. dmoneybangbang

Foreman has looked impressive but I still think Miller is a more dangerous weapon if used properly. However, having two good RBs sounds good to me.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile, Blue is getting more yards per carry than any of them running the ball.

10. showa13

showa13 Member

Seems like they're not showing anything with Miller, have him running like 2-3 basic runs. They've opened it up alittle more for Foreman and he's delivered more than I thought he would. He's incredibly fast for how big he is, and he's not afraid to run through you. I said it in the game thread but dude is looking like a steal

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This. There shouldn't even be a controversy. Lamar Miller has no big play ability. I don't care about his stats last year because our offense sucked a**.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dude is a beast.

What a pick.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I don't. Feel like Blue always plays good preseason then sucks regular season

Crashlanded19 and CallMeTheDream like this.
  15. CallMeTheDream

Miller's never really proved to be a feature back. Don't get me wrong he's still got potential but his skill set fits more of a 3rd down back. Him and Foreman need to split carries evenly and I wouldn't be mad if Foreman ended up taking over. Blue should be kept around for injury insurance and Ervin and Hunt should both be kept to even out the overall talent on offense. They could line up at the WR spot and knock some scrubs off the depth chart.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Miller is a great back to have on a team that uses Running back by committee.

He offers a different look, a different change of pace, and can do everything averagely so if you throw him in there it's hard to guess why he may be in there (opposed as to a power back where you know if he gets the ball he's going up the middle)

As a feature back he's very mediocre. I'd love to see the Texans try to utilize his speed more

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Either Hunt will get cut, or we'll do something crazy like keep them all because of Ervin's versatility. Love this group.

And I agree that Foreman has looked better than Miller. Would love to see him work with the ones. Foreman, Miller, and Blue is a nice three headed mobster, though. On top of that, Ervin has shown some versatility this year that is great.

18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Did I miss something or did Ervin get backfield reps before Foreman? Seriously....

Anyway, Foreman is the real deal. That dude is a beast. He just needs to work on his blocking technique, and he'll see a lot of work during the season.

Who was that clown saying he was gonna look slow now that he's not playing against weak Big 12 defenses...? *crickets*

19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Is this a troll attempt bc I have to say you could have fooled me...

Lamar has plenty of big play ability. That take is absolutely ridiculous. The problem is BOB has this grand idea to run "base 45" shotgun runs directly up the middle with him. He is thoroughly and almost deliberately misused.

Not to mention the offense sucking last year hurt Miller. It certainly didn't help him. So the fact that he was able to still be productive despite horrible play calling, terrible QB play, an inconsistent line, and nagging injuries is a testament to his toughness an ability.

With Foreman on the team I'm hoping he gets less touches this year but more opportunities to get outside, run screens, and simply make plays in space.

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya Ervin has been a pleasant surprise so far. Interesting that we're also seeing our RBs lined up at the slot with pretty decent results.

Foreman has also had some big gains catching the ball which is a nice safety valve for our QBs. Need get some work with Savage next game assuming he sits for the last preseason game.

Two Sandwiches likes this.