1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. droxford

droxford Member

I trust Whedon to deliver a good show (even if he was brought in late in the game)

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yes... but before JL started filming, new people where installed to steer the DCEU.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

NO. This is Justice League part ONE, there is Justice League part TWO on the schedule.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Have we ruled out the secret character being Bizarro or an evil superman?

5. PatBev

PatBev Member

When I was reading the story it said they were more than 50% done filming when zack withdrew from the film

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought he left during post-production?

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

I just repeat the **** I read on the internet which is most likely 50% bullshit

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Ya I just read a article on forbes saying he left during the "post production process"

Isn't post production done after it's shot. I just heard the new director was doing a few reshoot but not shooting the whole movie

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea, the movie was already done filming. Post-production would include I think CGI, reshoots etc.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um......you are confusing 2 different things. Snyder was the director for JL. He was also the person guiding the DCEU. After BvS, Warner Bros....made a change because of the backlash to BvS. Snyder was replaced as the person guiding the DCEU going forward. He was still directing JL because there was no time to replace the director because JL was about to start filming. After photography and during post production, Snyder left because of the death of his daughter. Whedon was actually brought in before Snyder left to do re-writes for reshoots. When Snyder left, he was hired to do the reshoots. Supposedly, the re-shoots are more extensive than previously believed. The tone of the movie is being changed by Whedon. Same thing similar happened during Rogue One and now the Han Solo movie (Ron Howard is being brought in to finish the film BEFORE filming was done after the directors were fired).

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Hot Mess as expected

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The changes to the end were rumored almost a year to not make it feel like a cliff hangar since they abandoned the part 1 and 2 model.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And yet...it will still make close to a billion dollars simply because there are comic book characters in it.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Justice League has turned into a troubled project however it's refreshing to see that WB is trying to make this right.

You can bet your money maker WB views this film as a key stepping stone whether they can build more films in the DC universe. The Avengers movie was a huge hit so it's a benchmark they are trying to match or succeed.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Disney re-shot Rogue One and it ended being a passable movie although a bit overrated by some.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That spells disaster. Suicide Squad was such an obvious hatchet job from trying to change the tone of the film because of one positively received trailer. Now you get a new guy in charge who goes for witty character lines trying to piece together an emo film?

You can trust Whedon all you want but he is working in an established world with a $$$$ and more importantly time budget to deliver a film.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not entirely surprised. I feel badly for Zack Snyder and his family with what they're going through. So it seems churlish to go after him in any way. But his films are often a mess, especially if he had a hand in the screenplay. When he has a screenplay adapted from another medium, he's okay (Watchmen, 300). Otherwise, he's equal parts talented and hamfisted.

I'd be disappointed if the movie sucks. "Wonder Woman" was very good. I wouldn't be stunned if they try to bring her character forward a little more in "Justice League."

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

um.....There were rumors Wonder Woman was a "hot mess". Those were proved wrong

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No..it doesn't. The reason SS was so disjointed is they brought in the company responsible for one of the well received trailers to edit the movie again.

BvS extended version was much better than the theater version because Snyder was about to include necessary elements without worry about runtime. He needed to be a better editor.

Whedon was brought in MUCH EARLIER than announced for JL. They are spending ALOT of money to rework the film. Same thing was done on Rogue One. Same thing is being done on the Han Solo movie (Although that one was still filming).

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Rogue One was great.