1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans bringing back Luv Ya Blue?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 19, 2016.

1. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Apollos would've been Iconic if they would have went with a retro-futuristic logo/brand design. Man I wish all our teams had the same colors. That should be a rule.

[​IMG]

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

lol Yeah I like the same color idea to a certain extent

pacman0590 likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What are those???

Always thought it was cool Pittsburgh had same colors. But I like my Rockets Red and my Astros Orange

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Apollos? Good grief! Just when you think things couldn't be worse.

5. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Those are failed Astros alternate logos i think?! I've seen them at lids but never seen pics of them in game or anything

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So much for the BS about alternate helmets. The broncos color rush unis feature a darkened blue version of the classic Big D helmets.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep.

Exactly my thoughts.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was asking all my friends about that, they didnt know about the one helmet rule. Why did that get to happen?

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The NFL is more strict on alternate uniforms...... than the NBA or MLB. It has to do with marketing and the limited number of games each season. They don't want to confuse casual fans watching games. Strict control on how many times you can wear alternate colors....also, Helmets always had to be the same....unless it was a throwback uniform (previously worn by the team). This why the Texans cannot wear an alternate color helmet. However.....eventhough it was a throw back helmet, the Broncos helmet was an alternate color than the original. So I don't know what is the rule now. Did Nike get exceptions for the "color rush" uniforms?

10. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I believe it's their regular navy blue helmets, with the logo and stripe decals switched out. Their equipment team must've worked overtime this week to have them ready by Thursday.

If I recall, Green Bay does the same thing when wearing their throwbacks, except they remove their logo decal completely instead of swapping it with another.

I don't think there's any rule against repainting helmets week to week, but it just wouldn't be feasible on such a short week.

A lot of these color rush jerseys are a complete mismatch with regular helmets (Bengals, 49ers for example). Denver found a middle ground: current colors + retro logo & uniform design. It didn't look too out of place, IMO. In fact, I think it looks better than their current set (and would look even better with contrasting pants instead of all orange). I wouldn't be surprised to see their fans start a movement to get themselves rebranded to it.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The SD helmets also looked like the shade of yellow was a bit darker, including the facemask. That could be a result of just changing out stickers, and facemask parts though.

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I had to stop reading as soon as I saw the second video and Ken Lay started talking, had to head out to Wikipedia and re-live Enron all over again.

Ok now back to your regular programming.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

donkeypunch likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Those red helmets are super tuff.

15. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I'm pretty sure last season they were supposed to wear theirs against the Patriots on Thursday night. But since their uniforms looked exactly like the Patriots (Navy Jersey and Navy pants) they wore all white instead. I believe I read somewhere that they'll be wearing the uniforms (navy helmets, navy jersey, navy pants) they were supposed to wear against the Patriots this season against the Bengals though since it won't be two of the same color combinations.

16. HstnSprtsFan101

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I read the same. They even had a picture of Kareem Jackson in it.

As far as the helmets, they're fire but would rather the Texans wear them with the battle red unis. When's the last time they wore all red? Those red jerseys on steel blue pants look hideous.

eric.81 likes this.
  18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Couldn't disagree more.

Two Sandwiches and macho GRANDE like this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No problem with you disagreeing. Next time say why and not just what you said. I'd like to know why you disagree. What makes it look good?

20. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I don't have a specific list of reasons. I simply like the way they look. I'm sure if I sat around and thought about it I might be able to decipher the aesthetic reasons why I like them but who really does that?

It's not exactly like you listed any reasons why you think they look hideous.