1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MARKO TODOROVIC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

MARKO TODOROVIC - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marko-Todorovic-6414/career/ ©DraftExpress

In one of the Melo threads, a poster mentioned looking at RealGM for draft and stash guys. I was looking it over and found Marko, who was part of the Thomas Robinson deal a few years back. I don't even remember him, but he looks intriguing at 6-11/240 and now 25 years old.

Has anyone been keeping up with this kid? Looks like he's under contract until 2018, but it would be interesting to see how he's been developing.

Thought we needed something more than Melo or Anderson to discuss.

Why not? likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I've been told months ago by people who watch and writes about Euro leagues that he's an ok player but not nba material, i think we have another Llull/Gentile here, even though for different reasons...

Shark44 likes this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

TODOROVIC? Part of Thomas Robinson deal?
    Think the Knicks would have interest?

[​IMG]

Aruba77 likes this.
  5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Fringe NBA player. Minimal trade value, but perhaps more than zero. I'd put the value of his draft rights below those of Llull, Hartenstein and Gentile, and possibly also those of Jon Diebler.

NIKEstrad likes this.
  6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

TO DO ROVIC or not TO DO ROVIC?

That is the question ...

xiki and alethios like this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

This talk of someone else is taking up precious Melo thread space.

Remlap likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Vivi and Bima thanks for the insights. It looks like Morey tried to bring him over in 2015, but he signed a three year deal. I found something that said he didn't think his game translated well in the NBA and then somewhere else that it did.

Ok, we can resume our Melo-drama.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Just watched some of his highlights on youtube.. These are his 'highlights' and he still looks pretty terrible. He will never don a Rockets jersey.

Looked like he was always gathering his feet after a catch, would bring the ball down low after a catch too much, and he isn't a dunker- chose layups instead, and whats worse is many of his layups in the videos didn't look fluid, the ball played around the rim and could have easily been missed.

Those instinctive traits in particular will make him an NBA bust, especially considering he is 25 now and still hasn't resolved those habits.

#9 Realjad, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Shark44 likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. basketballholic

LOL. If you are worth less than Jon Diebler you basically have no trade value to negative trade value. And I actually like Diebler.

12. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Plays under the rim, not that intriguing as a player. Doesn't bring anything that "wows" you. Plus we have Hartenstein and Qi as projects ahead of him.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Normalus

Normalus Member

Don't underestimate the player that averaged 10.6 points & 7 rebounds per game in Russia.