1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is the _ best player in the NBA today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clown Baby, Aug 11, 2017.

?

Harden is the _ best player

1. 1st

79 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. 2nd

44 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. 3rd

98 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. 4th

53 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. 5th

30 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 6th

9 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 7th

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9th

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. 10th or Worse

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't agree on KD. I could be wrong. Again my point isn't about individual skill. KD is definitely up there with harden but overall package I think only LeBron and Harden can boost a trash team to playoff team. I don't think replacing Harden for Curry would make Warriors better but I would build around Harden over Curry any day.

Not sure if that makes sense.

#101 Swapshop, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It doesn't. Next.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah math also doesn't make sense to a lot of people even when explained well.

Bobsputin likes this.
  4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

His career isn't over. To be fair, neither is Dame's or CJ's, but up until this point, Harden has done more than both those guys, individually. Whether either has lived up to their billing is a heavy reflection (although not sole) on the initial expectations rather than player comparability.

Your debate style is what I like to refer to as "any port in the storm" argumentation. You grasp at loosely veiled melo-to-portland conjecture from rando journalists. Your defense of your players is highly flawed, based on a number of assumptions of the past representing the future, and you don't seem to understand how to break down advanced statistics. Instead, you opt for the most basic and blended statistical numbers and using them as tea leaves without any consideration to our offseason adjustments or what truly drives those numbers.

Sure, after trading for Nurkic, yalls defense and offense improved from a -2 net rating (nba.com) to 4.5 (this is not a number weighed down by the beginning of the season without nurk either. This was based on the games he played in), but the Rox were 6.5 all season. Our net scoring differential was 6.1 to your 3.5 in the Nurkic/Portland era. We were better than your Nurkic team before we made any improvements in the offseason.

You also got taken to the shed by Milwaukee, Detroit and New Orleans. All cases you had Nurk. So if your win against us is evidence of your dominance, then those three losses must also be evidence that ya'll suck something awful. Again, only according to your logical train. I do not think that way so I don't necessarily believe either statement, but you do.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You dont gotta single me out bro, geez.

No one understands me...:(

SirIvyLeague and Bobsputin like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No reason to really go in depth on this since it's quite clearly a troll job, but Harden has outperformed Lillard by virtually every career metric, so let's avoid that comparison my friend.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Aw man now I feel bad.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bro, I just stopped reading your ****. That's why I didn't reply.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It makes sense. But I think KD can lead trash. We haven't seen him in that position, but I think he can.

The difference between Harden, then Bron compared to the rest of the guys is that they make below average look average to above average. Westbrook, Curry, Kawee definitely do not. Paul doesn't either, except for lob catching centers. He's an incredibly manipulative micromanager.

KD I'm curious about.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I put harden at 1.

Since this is projection on the upcoming season and since I've steadfastedly claimed this year will be hardens absolute peak at age 28 (before we got cp3 mind you). This year from the beard was going to be magical. Finally having another elite talent next to him, and it may be the single best season of all time.

Come at me bruh

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Bron
    KD
    Leonard
    Curry
    Harden
    WB

The last three a toss up for personally. I put Curry first bc his shot is unstoppable. I know his defense/play-making is lacking although still great but that automatic shot makes up for a lot (not all) of it. They've come back from down double digits due to his shooting ability alone multiple times. Harden led a nothing team to 3rd seed and second round, that's why he's above WB for me. Harden and WB each had similar teams (for the most part) but Hardens play elevated his team while WBs play elevated himself.

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I have Harden at 3rd behind Lebron and Durant. Curry and Leonard are both great players but they're products of a system where as Harden IS the system. You could put Harden on any team, regardless of who is on the team and his production wouldn't decline very much while I feel that both Curry and Leonard's production would decline if they were placed on teams where the parts did not fit them the right way. Westbrook is an interesting case as well, I feel like he would be a stat stuffer no matter which team he played for but more of a detriment to his team than Harden is when it comes to that.

The Greek Freak will probably move above these guys in the coming years, though.

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Making the WCF is an underachievement these days? Damn, looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wow.

Even if you're a Blazers fan, you couldn't of written this sober.

15. alethios

alethios Member

I place him at 3rd but only because he hasn't led his team to the finals. He may have gone to the finals but not as the alpha.

16. rocketseagles07

You guys saying kawhi is a product of the system come on now. I understand the spurs system makes guys look better but that's not the case with Leonard. That Memphis series and a whole bunch of other games they put kawhi in an isolation and told him win the game for them and he did it repeatedly.

I used to think the same thing.. but NOW if you watch Leonard and think he's a product of the system you aren't watching

#116 rocketseagles07, Aug 13, 2017
    Clown Baby likes this.
  17. rocketseagles07

I can't place Harden over kawhi because kawhi is such a great defender and he's become deadly from the 3 pt line. He'll never be the creator harden is and maybe harden would be the better option to carry a TRASH team but give me kawhi

#117 rocketseagles07, Aug 13, 2017
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Regular Season - Top 3-5

Playoffs - Out of the top 5 fo sho

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL if its sheet then its easy to debunk it

you can't simply say the rockets are better than the spurs and not get called out for that sheet

you can't simply trash harden losing to the spurs while ignoring cp3 lost to the jazz and not get called out for that sheet

#119 vlaurelio, Aug 13, 2017
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so both given a trash team, harden's team will be better

not sure why y'all punish harden for having an okay team while give curry and durant credit for having a super team and kawhi a pretty good team.