1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Melo is an upgrade over RA, but not a big jump.
    BimaThug had a good market value

J_Hunter_1977 and DonKnock like this.
  2. rockets13champs

3. rockets13champs

4. rockets13champs

5. rockets13champs

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

lol. just posted these in the PotatoHead thread.

DonKnock and rockets13champs like this.
  7. rocketseagles07

And even if he did so what? Melo has a bad rep as a selfish money guy, which is why I don't get why people think he'll a. "Go nuclear"(as Ben Dubose always says) and b. Think it will actually matter.

I hate the Knicks and really want melo, but I don't think the organization looks bad for not trading him for something they don't like.. so I doubt any other player/the league does

8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

The "look bad" comes in because they told him and others that they would trade him to Houston. Woj used the word Mandate to trade him. If they don't, they are going back on their word. Lack of trust comes into future dealings with agents, players, and teams.

J_Hunter_1977 and DonKnock like this.
  9. rocketseagles07

Okay they look bad for that.... a. It's the Knicks, that's like saying Sacramento looks bad and b. They'll just say the new regime didn't agree with the old.

Again... the idea that this does soooo much damage to an organization already viewed as a joke and that a new gm is going to do something he thinks will hurt them long term JUST BECAUSE OF IMAGE is a joke.

Morey is criticized for treating players like assets very often... it hasn't stopped him from making moves. And no the situations aren't identical... it's just an example

Streets 01 likes this.
  10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

That's cuz Phil and Melo didn't work so he threw news like that to media against Melo

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lmao CJ and dame would be 6th man options here crazy

13. rocketseagles07

Yea definitely, I'm just saying that
    Lmfao they trash him on that board worse than we do.... no wonder he's running over here. Drexlerfan if you want to be a rockets fan hit up one of the warriors guys for a bandwagon transfer form. We'll accept you and you can be in the cf starting 5 right next to holic

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They want Ariza? He's the same age as Melo and their whole thing is they're shifting to a youth movement. I suppose he has value at his salary, but he's also expiring so I can't imagine he'd bring back much more than a 1st rounder from a contender (meaning pick 25-30). Would that really move the needle? I have a hard time believing it would.

I'm fine with not getting Melo at all if they won't take Ryan Anderson for him straight up. Literally the only reason I even want Melo is because he's better than Ryan Anderson. If we have to give up more than Anderson to get him I'm not too interested.

15. rocketseagles07

Yep. Ryno for melo=cool. Ryno+Ariza/EGO/1st rounder/etc(no I'm not saying all of them together)= not cool. As much as I want melo we're fine either way...

I really want melo for playoff purposes.. but if we have to give up multiple pieces for him we're not any better

Williamson likes this.
  16. rocketseagles07

Oh and I doubt ariza is the hold up. They want to get younger and he'd be gone a year from now

Williamson likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chris Paul and others don't want Ariza included in trade talks. Chris Paul knows he can get Ariza on track offensively.

18. basketballholic

There's nothing to getting Ariza on track offensively. With Paul and Harden up top, Ariza can drop down to the corner where he belongs and return to a 40+% three-point shooter along with slipping back door and getting the dish for the finish. His efficiency is going to be excellent with two playmakers up top.

19. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I'm sure this has been asked, but when can we trade Hartenstein? Qi? I'm not super high on either of those guys but they are young and have some potential. I know Llull is probably never coming over and tore his ACL, but would NYK have any interest in him or our other stashed guys?

Edit: Went to RealGM to refresh myself on our draft-and-stash guys and saw that we somehow still have 40-year-old Venson Hamilton's draft rights: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft-rights

20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Ariza is not going. But what makes him interesting is he has an expiring contract. This is his last yr.