1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Look, there are a lot of good people here that appreciate legit basketball talk; including when it comes from fans of other teams. I'm sorry that there were people piling on, but it's just not cool to continue to muddy up the site. How about putting those posters on ignore and try again? Hard to take anyone serious when they just come in to do damage.

Bobsputin likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can a man's balls get too blue?

Bobsputin likes this.
  3. baubo

baubo Member

Not sure why a Blazers fan of all people would think clutchfans is too much homer. I remember posting like twice on blazersedge years back and the second post was not even smack talk just my opinion of their weaknesses. I think this was right before our playoff series. I was banned immediately and basically only name calling responses. Drexlerfan truly does represent how I feel Blazers fans all are, bunch of trolls who try to talk crap about others but cry when people actually respond to your juvenile posts.

Honestly at least this place doesn't just ban people who don't share the same views.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Don't be mad a drexlerfan. He's new to the NBA. He only started watching basketball when his dvr recorded NBA instead of that shitty show we was on that would air before the TNT broadcast. Went from being on a shitty show to trolling. Oh how the mighty have fallen

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'll slap the obesity off that motherbleeper

6. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

The Knicks want assets. That is the holdup - unless HOU gives up multiple first-round picks there isn't a plausible trade that works for NY.

ANY team willing to take on Anderson wont be sending assets to NY.

The Blazers are doing one of two things:

*They believe they have a shot at Melo -- NY wants Harkless in any deal.
    *Neil Olshey is pulling a power move to force Morey to deplete his roster even more (Gordon? Capela?) - they (Portland) have a lot of leverage here as they DO have assets NY wants - driving up the asking price for Houston.

There is a reason why this has dragged on for as long as it has - NY doesn't value the Rockets assets.

#646 Mood nov zef, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Leverage? How so? Until/unless Melo waives his ntc for Portland, they have ZERO leverage, assets or not.

New York doesn't have leverage since Melo loves playing in New York, so they keeping him isn't that much of a negative for him.

Though I wouldn't call it leverage, Houston is in the best position. Ryno is a perfect fit for how they play, and he is an asset to them. No need to make a trade, but IF they can pull it off it'll be an upgrade.

Bobsputin likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pretty much. The hold up is knicks trying to get the most they can possibly attain in postive assets. Time is ticking.

9. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

NY doesn't have to do anything - they also have leverage.

Having a sulking Melo is better than taking on RA's toxic contract or assets HOU can get for Anderson - which wont be much, if anything.

The Knick GM is playing this like any smart GM would do - sit back until you get a deal that makes sense. Trading him for fodder (again, anything RA lands Morey wont be pretty) is literally making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Nobody is playing chicken here - there is no deadline as long as Melo is under contract. You want Melo? You have to give up assets: Capela (+ ..?) at the least. RA in any deal for NY is wasting their time.

#649 Mood nov zef, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

11. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

Hi! Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm Mood Nov Zef :)

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This sounds about right. The Knicks wants assets and not bad contracts. I thought we had something with Utah though that would get them something like Favors. Something feels very wrong.

Mood nov zef likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Annabelle was scary AF, I saw it last night...it had people in the theater screaming and creeped out

I'm gonna see Detroit tomorrow

14. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

That's not leverage. New York wants to trade Melo for assets, but they can't get the best availabe assets because Melo 100% dictates which team(s) he is willing to play for. Keeping him is not leverage because Melo wants to be in New York (maybe not necessarily be a Knick, mind you). So Melo either gets HIS way: stay in the city of New York, or goes to whichever team HE deems desirable.

New York had zero leverage!

As far as Ryan Anderson, he's not toxic to the Rockets, and they aren't any rush to move him. They obviously have to move him to get Melo, but if not they'll be more than happy to keep him.

From the Rockets, the Knicks will only get Ryno and a pick or whatever a 3rd team will give for him, they have no pressure to increase their offer. Without Melo they are still a likely a top 3 team

Cash Cam likes this.
  15. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Yet another loser from portland giving their team more importance than it deserves...

DonKnock, Richie_Rich, jevjnd and 8 others like this.
  16. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Go back to Portland and hang out with @DrexlerFan and all the rest of those Savages.
    This Melo **** needs to just happen already.

17. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

Reported.

18. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

Again, NY doesn't have to do anything in this situation if it doesn't help them in the future.

Melo can sing 'Houstons' on my mind' until he's blue in the face but the fact of the matter is he's under contract.

Their new GM asking Melo to expand his list should tell you about all the scenarios they went through with Morey. NTC is irrelevant to NY if they're not getting value back. It's really that simple.

What has changed since this all started? They have a competent GM in place now. His key objective is to obtain assets and not to appease a diva.

19. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Yeah, well to be honest if we're giving up anything more than Ryno, draft pick/s, and young players, I don't want Melo. Rather stick with Capela/EG/Ryno.

Mood nov zef and jch1911 like this.
  20. Mood nov zef

Mood nov zef Member

You mean ......literally (word for word) what GM Mills is asking for?