1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

it's a small sample. I thought is team names were funny.

Drexlerfan might fit your description.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Oh drexlerfan would voluntarily be the caboose.

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

No Melo news. Just passing the time and bumping threads.
    BOOM!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. alethios

alethios Member

I lol'ed at Miniature Wolves and Denver Tug-its :D

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

https://houseofhouston.com/2017/08/10/houston-rockets-five-ways-gauge-zhou-qi-impact/

Houston Rockets: Why Carmelo Anthony will join team before camp

by Brian K. Patterson19 hours agoFollow @brkp1999

The Houston Rockets are at it again with the New York Knicks to land Carmelo Anthony, hopefully before the start of training camp.

This ongoing rumor in regard to the Houston Rockets pining for Carmelo Anthonyservices continues to have legs despite us being more than a month into the free agency season. But it’s not just us — Melo wants to be here and has apportioned his no-trade clause to only include us as the only team he could be traded to.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported earlier today that talks between both teamshave resumed after a stalemate had occurred while determining who’d be the third team to take on Ryan Anderson‘s over-inflated salary of $60 million over the next three seasons. That still continues to be the sticking point in negotiations. Any deal involving the movement of Anthony will have Anderson as an important variable to it.

And hence the reason as to why things have moving as slow as of molasses as of late. But you know what? This situation is playing right into the Houston Rockets as time goes on because the Knicks are going to get desperate as they edge closer to the season. Scott Perry, the general manager of the Knicks, has made a push for Melo to stay but with his refusal to acquiesce, a deal will have to be done.

Woj points out that the Knicks plan is to get younger and build around Kristaps Porzingis and Tim Hardaway, Jr. and that Anthony would impede on that notion. So with all of these variables mentioned, the Knicks are going to get desperate as time moves on because they know the inevitable will happen. Melo will opt-out after this upcoming season to become a free agent and the Knicks will get absolutely nothing in return.

That’s why it’s prudent for those Knickerbockers to go on and trade him now so that way they get a quality return to help their team rebuild. I think the 28-year-old Anderson is great candidate because although his defense is less than desired, his marksmanship from behind-the-arc is second to none. And they’ll want Clint Capela but the Rockets won’t be that foolish to give him up. Capela is a new-age center that has all the tools to survive in today’s NBA. Did I mention he can block shots with both hands?

That should be enough to not include him in any swap with multiple teams. As the clock ticks, so does the tension in the front office building up like a pressure cooker, it will be a matter of time before the lid pops. Perry will pick up the phone with clammy hands to strike a deal with Daryl Morey with some give and take. Trust me — there will be more giving by the Knicks than taking.

And that’s why Melo will be in Rockets red at the start of training camp and all of us will be happy. Now for this to happen, it’s going to take a lot of ingenuity, a little luck, sprinkled with hope in heavy doses which is the perfect recipe for a blockbuster deal like this one.

See you in H-Town Melo — I’m calling it right now.

Go Rockets.

TMac'n, Tfor3, J_Hunter_1977 and 4 others like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, he was second to a lot of people. Forty of them, to be exact. Ryan finished 41st in the league in 3PT% among players with enough attempts to qualify.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How many of those 40 are available to the Knicks to start camp?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uhmm what statistics are you looking at?? From what I see he was 24th in 3pt%.

And only 3 players shot more attempts than him out of those 23 other players. One of them being being Bradley Beal at .1% shooting better than Anderson. The other two players being Curry and Thompson (at a higher volume)

Not sure where you are getting your "40" from.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Refer to my post above.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's alright, I like to consider myself a rational fan. We won't go more than 6 games with them in the WCF.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right here: https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/three-point-field-goal-percentage

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone knows the deal is done except for Perry of the Knicks. I think the Knicks, city of New York, and the media is just over this drama as everyone else is. Perry just wants to show the world that he is on Jerry West's and Morey's level. Especially since he and the rest of his buddies were able to make the King's into such the contender. If we can get him fast enough so the team can go to Galveston to train again. We might be able to build enough chemistry to beat the Warriors even without a "Lebron". An inspired Melo is probably one of the most under estimated weapons. if we can get enough chemistry going and prevent injuries/fatigue this team will be the best team in the NBA. It all matters if we play as a team or a bunch of individuals in a streetball game.

bawanyh, Tfor3 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

There is no I in Team and there is no I in Carmelo Anthony. . . . What's his middle name though??

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

By the way, anyone else feel like the JJ Watt shoe looks like a pair of house slippers from India? I could care less about a pair of sneakers or who's name is on them but I just had to comment on them because these were especially bad.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Kyam

19. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

<Cough> wrong <Cough>

[​IMG]

and the "l" in Carme"l"o can be a capital I. /jk

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

All indications are Perry and Morey have an agreement for the framework but Morey is again out there searching for 3rd and 4th teams to facilitate the agreed upon framework. The Woj report suggests as much.

I'm sure all parties want the deal to be done but it's just a really tough one to execute. It might just be a matter of timing for a team to believe they are a Ryan Anderson away from being a contender. Just a tough time to make that case in August when rosters are pretty much set and everyone already thinks they are a contender or a young rebuilding team.

I'd say be patient, but that's probably not good advice actually. I'm just moving forward in my head with the team we got and let Morey do his thing.

Bobsputin likes this.