1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Aug 8, 2017.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Baseball is weird. The team's morale drops so low that they lose all their games because their GM didn't trade their teammates at the deadline. Meanwhile in basketball a team's morale drops before a trade deadline because they think their GM is going to trade them. Or it could be fans thinking correlation is causation.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

For the most part it wouldn't have been their "teammates" that were traded, it would have been minor league prospects. In basketball of course there is no minor league so trades are much more disruptive to chemistry.

Uprising likes this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Here's the deal, Aoki wasn't the greatest player but he was a scrapper and was respected I'm sure throughout the clubhouse. Luhnow ups and gives him away along with another decent prospect for who? Freakin Lariano! That has to do something to the psyche of the players but I'm sure when the team starts getting healthy and team moral starts to gel again it will be fine, it still doesn't address the Pitching whoas.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

60 plus percent baseball going forward. Tall order

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

True. But what we have left is still a better team than the White Sox.

6. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Don't you give up on the team on an inning by inning basis? Haha Let's hope they turn it around. 13 game lead is still significant.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No

8. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

AFC SOUTH CHAMPS!!! WOOOOOOO

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Ha, I get it. I won't be happy with just a division title and sure as hell am not a Luhnow apologist. I just hope for team health and maybe Luhnow and Crane to find their balls to make an August trade or two.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Giles is not owning up to his failure instead gives a team answer after last night blown save.

11. SuraGotMadHops

Astros have trouble with the AL Central, period (except the Twins). Now they're done so let's please just beat up on the Rangers and get back to normal life.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Could also serve as a wakeup call.

13. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I think the last month or so of baseball should have served as a wake up call

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Do they look awoken to you?