1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[iOS users] Apple Music Discussion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CaptainRox, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Dwarf

Dwarf Member

I am a Spotify User since the early days but when Apple announced Apple Music I was very excited about it for the following reasons: It is nicer to have a integrated solution (I am using Itunes) than the stand alone of spotify and I own apple products so I assumed the handling should be just better.
    Now that the trial is on I wouldn't say that I am disappointed but unfortunately the integration of apple products is not as I assumed. For example I can't use my apple shuffle for listening to offline music due to the DRM. In fact I can not use it at all for Apple Music. Maybe that is not a problem for many people but I still prefer my ipod shuffle than using my way too big iphone. I did a lot of research to overcome that problem but the only possible solution would be to record Apple Music from my sound card so i have a mp3 file to transfer it freely. I tried that with a software and this was working just fine but yeah as I said I just assumed that Apple would give us a solution for all apple devices.

I like the service itself so I am still a little twisted about changing it is a hard decision ;)

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Update for 2017 Apple Music, brehs?
    Help an oldster out here. I am finally going to do Spotify or Apple Music.
    Longtime iTunes user, but I know the gig is up. I don't want to own music anymore.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've been coasting off of free 3 month offers from Itunes/Spotify for a year now.

Itunes has been a must for me with Frank Ocean's new music being exclusive to them. It's pretty solid, you get full access to all of their music, you can download everything.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Spotify is completely free for your desktop computer. They make their money if you want to use your mobile device.

My work started blocking Spotify (bastards) so I started a monthly subscription of Google Music. My neighborhood will soon have Google Fiber (in Durham NC) so I will soon be joining The Hive.

#24 No Worries, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    B-Bob likes this.
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Apple Music is seamless. It just works, and I can't even tell you the last time that searched for a song that wasn't in their catalog. If you're in the Apple ecosystem it should be your only choice.

rockets > * and B-Bob like this.
  6. B-Bob

Thanks guys.

7. Bob Barker 007

I joined Apple Music because I was hoping it would integrate well with my massive iTunes library. The integration to me was quite poor, and I was tired of dealing with iTunes anyway. I joined Spotify and do not have any plans to go back to Apple Music. It is much easier than dealing with the Apple ecosystem in this case.

8. B-Bob

Yeah, iTunes is a total **** program now -- its like they don't even want our business.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, there are a few artists I'll still buy LPs for but thats only because of the garbage over production aka loudness wars.. However I agree completely that streaming is very convenient and will do it for most artists, especially at the office or on the go.

Currently I'm trying out Amazon's unlimited option for free, and it's decent, but I like Spotify too, Google was okay too, haha just get in on the free trials and find the one that fits you the best. I know Google/Amazon have been running promos for 2-6 months for free lately, I believe it was on slickdeals.net recently. I have no experience with Apple's offering but I've heard it's good as well.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On a side note, I like how Amazon can integrate with your owned titles as well, and allow you to add them to the cloud. For example I have a ton of mp3s purchased elsewhere and Amazon let's me add them in and I can stream them on the go.

B-Bob likes this.