1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Push the Panic Button?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BleedsRocketRed, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I'm sure you are tough enough to call Keuchel and Reddick "whiny b****es" to their face huh??

So anyone that isn't fully happy with the situation and speaks their mind is a whiny b****?

Maybe you have a perfect job and have never said anything negative about it, most of the world isn't in that situation though. And yea speaking your mind doesn't make you a whiny b****

But I would love to see you say that to their faces, im sure you would though as being whiny b****es they wouldn't scare you tough guy

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ooooh, say it to their faces, huh?

Wooo! :rolleyes:

3. The Beard

then don't. They have plenty of true fans like myself that will proudly root for them every game, whether or not we agree with the moves or not

4. Major

Major Member

I don't have a problem with them voicing whatever they want to voice, but the idea that it affects them on the field is silly. They got significant reinforcements in 2015 and then proceeded to play sub-0.500 baseball the last two months. They got no reinforcements last year, and basically played the same pre and post deadline despite whatever theoretical hangover. This year, the team was already playing poorly in the latter part of July and it's just continued. People are just reading into it what they want and coming up with their own reasons for it.

Hey Now! likes this.
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Lol **** off with this true fan nonsense.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Please don't play that card; especially when you're defending guys who obviously didn't have the balls to take their beef up with Luhnow, choosing instead to run to the media.

I have no issue with candor; I disliked the Debbie Downer fatalism. I'd rather they take the "We're good enough as is, F all the naysayers!" attitude - it's a far more constructive play than voicing excuses for poor play and possibly failing to meet expectations down the line.

SS0101 likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

The Yankees made huge moves at the deadline, and then proceeded to lose 4 in a row and are 3-5 since the deadline. Did they also have a hangover from getting too excited about moves?

SS0101 likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Or the players themselves are actually affected by it and voicing this concern when asked...

Not sure why you'd have any reason to believe otherwise... when they're flat-out saying they're dissapointed.

I think its hilarious to see some here choose to still not believe it, some are saying they should shut up, some are stating that they don't want "whiny" players... it honestly reeks of something foul with that sort of response.

Also, the clubhouse dynamic and makeup of the team between 2015 and now is night/day. That team had zero expectations, and frankly seemed just happy to be there. With expectations comes inevitable dissapointment when things don't go your way... and last year was disappointing all-around, with them again admitting that they were not thrilled with the lack of moves (also, they had a terrible start to last year... and then played at a very high level till right before the trade deadline... things were trending up).

HTM and Rox225 like this.
  9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sonny Gray was sent back to the locker room to shave his peach fuzz. It was a traumatic experience for him.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

In 2005, we made 0 moves. I guess that's why we didn't win a game in the World Series.

Wooo!

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, you're convinced that they're intentionally lying when they say they are/were disappointed?

Are you also convinced that there is absolutely zero mental component to this game? Because that's the exact sort of line of disconnect between a front-office/player... or front office/fan base... that can have some deleterious consequences.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The same people whining today we didn't make a big move saying they don't care about future years are the same ones who whined about us giving up too much for Randy Johnson and not winning the WS.

13. The Beard

Keuchel did take it up with the front office

And not sure why it is ok to call them b****es but calling out the guy who called them that is a problem? But to each their own

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In the end, they'll get over it... but those saying its not having an impact on morale, or that morale being affected doesn't impact performance... is pretty head-in-sandish.

I'm sure there's no such thing as clubhouse cancers, clubhouse drama, or clubhouse tension either...

15. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

This is such bullsh*t. There's no need to stoop to ridiculous comments like this to try and prove a point.

99% of our fanbase would make the Randy Johnson trade again.

everyday eddie and The Beard like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I actually see more people in here whining about the whining... others are just acknowledging that what Reddick said is what was ulitmately suspected.

Not sure you can name a single person who wanted to take back the Randy Johnson trade... that's the sort of move I wish this front office would have acknowledged and gone for.

The Beard likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

Let's take a look at last year.

In the month before the deadline, July, they went 13-12.
    In the month after the deadline, August, they went 16-13.
    In September, they went 12-14.

So keeping with the theme, they were disappointed last year at the deadline, but they just delayed their disappointment until September? Perhaps really they were just disappointed at the waiver trade deadline? This is what I talk about when I say people create storylines to fit what they want to believe.

There's no question they are disappointed this year. There's also no question they aren't playing well. But tying the two together is completely arbitrarily to fit the narrative you want to argue.

Hey Now! likes this.
  18. The Beard

Not really tough guy

I for one loved the Randy Johnson trade, it was without a doubt the right move. We didn't win it all, but had a lot better chance to. Getting Sale or Q or Gray or Reed or JDM or anyone else who has been traded wouldn't have guaranteed anything, but the chances would have been better

Then you draft well and sign them and keep your farm system running good. It doesn't have to be one or the other

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just see a bunch of people who have ZERO clue about what went on in trade discussions acting like our FO sat around with thumbs up their asses at the trade deadline.

20. Major

Major Member

Did you even read what I wrote? I'll re-quote it for you, in bold.

I don't have a problem with them voicing whatever they want to voice, but the idea that it affects them on the field is silly.

I would point out that Reddick didn't say it's a reason they are playing poorly - that was created by people here. He just said they were disappointed. Full stop, nothing more.